Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

worldclasssking.co.uk, anyone ever used them?

Poster: A snowHead
have been searching for a decent ski course and their resort and date suit for tux in late oct. price for course only is v steep at about 400eu. anybody out there with any experience of these guys? have looked at all the others ie warrensmith, inspiredtoski etc but the resorts just do not suit + most of them seem to base themselves in resorts that charge an arm and a leg for a beer and a bit of grub. ie tignes, meribel etc. we are the typical (stuck on the intermediate plateaux) with the last 4- 5 yrs type skiers and need something different to move us on a level. have tried the private lesson route but to no avail which was also very exp.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
creedgearoid, yes, I know the guys. It's mainly Alex Leaf and he is a first class instructor with huge experience of teaching all grades of skier including being an examiner for new ski instructors.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes another vote for Alex. We did some of his courses many years ago, and he was great help. Have also skied with the others in the team and they are very good.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another vote for Alex
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thats great as I wasn't too sure about them as i have never heard of them before + I did a search on here and nothing showed up. thanks easiski, RobW, rob@rar,
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yup, agree with the others Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alex is a top top guy (cant say enough especially as he is examining skimottaret junior this week for her 1st instructor rating) wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
creedgearoid, I did one of their October courses 18 months ago and it's excellent. Do you already have accom sorted? If not go for the option that includes hotel, it's good value and quality, and a great atmosphere in the evenings. Alex even throws in a bit of evening entertainment. Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks again all. beanie1, no have not booked any accom yet but will prob do course only as we know this area well having been in lanersbach 4 times, will be back again in jan for our group trip because of the fantastic value for money accom and food +the skings not half bad either. stayed in the kirchlerhof about 3yrs ago and we honestly hated it. we are not snobs or anything but found the decor,food and athmosphere etc depressing and checked out after 1 night. maybe it has changed hands since or we and the hotel were having a bad day but theres no way herself would agree to stay there again.
whats different from your normal group ski classes in resort compared with this course? (sorry difficult question) we have skied for 12 years now and got to a level abt 5-6 yrs ago and have not moved on 1 blip since even with lessons.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
creedgearoid, the quality of instruction is a totally different class to what you usually get with a resort ski school. That's not to say there aren't good instructors, I'm sure there are, but group ski school can be a bit hit and miss. The WCS trainers are all BASI trainers, so amongst the best instruction you can get.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
creedgearoid, I haven't done this course but I did an inspired to ski one and for me one of the main differences, other than the excellent instructors, was the people who are in your group. In ski school you might get people who just really want to get shown around the resort or have some company. Everyone on a course like this will really, really want to improve their skiing. There will be no "just follow me" at all, every run will be about learning something and the instructor will always be watching you Smile . Of course there will be many good instructors out there but as beanie1, says, finding them can be difficult.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lynseyf, agreed in all respects (I've done Inspired to Ski courses too).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Met my g/f on a world class skiing trip six years ago...don't join match.com if your single, just book with Alex!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the_doc wrote:
Met my g/f on a world class skiing trip six years ago...don't join match.com if your single, just book with Alex!!

... or book elsewhere depending upon how desperate you are Shocked Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the_doc wrote:

Haha that's awesome!

Alex is a good guy, had a lovely days BASI refresher with him last year at Gloucester dry slope. First and last time I ski there haha!
latest report
Alex is a great guy and a top instructor - he taught my instructor training over 20 years ago
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy