Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski purchase advice

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, have been trying to buy my daughter ski's for the last couple of years without success, until this March when she skied on a pay of Rossi Attraction 6, think they where 08/09 model. Its the first time she has said that she actually would like a pair, yippee no more rental costs Smile However at over £400, there a bit more than I want to pay, any suggestions on a similar woman specific ski
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
radar, I have those and I bought them second hand from a fellow snowHead for half the new price. They are fab skis, I love them. Try fleabay maybe?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia, had a look but nothing, kicking myself fro not having made an offer at the end of the hire Embarassed
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
radar, I have a brand new \ unsused Rossie Phantom SC-74's taken as part payment for some work.

See: http://www.powder7.com/sale-skis/model/Rossignol-Phantom-SC-74-Skis-178cm-New-2009

I'd take £200 inc. shipping.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
david@mediacopy, Thanks let me check with my daughter, I'll PM if she's interested
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
radar, No prob, just let me know.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
radar, a pair here, at £320 http://www.thesportsemporium.co.uk/acatalog/Rossignol_Gents.html
not sure they're the same - I have older ones (red and orange with mirrors, but I forgive them, and they cost me £100 second hand...).

I don't know whether they've just changed the graphics. Oddly, there were a lot of the more recent Attraxion 6 model on sale in French ski shops last year, for less than the even older ones (ie the ones I've got still cost more than the more recent ones, though neither looked like the ones in the link I've posted).

Oh dear - sorry - v confusing!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
david@mediacopy, Sorry what lenght?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, Thanks, makes me feel more like I should have made an offer for the ex rental ones, they were black, the sports emporium only have them in 162, we need 154 or thereabouts. Thanks for all your help.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
168 Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
david@mediacopy, Thanks i agree Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
radar, In my ever growing selection of random ski gear, my Wife's pair of Salomon Rush 8's could do the trick. These are 160, a ladies specific ski but have been used. Currently sitting in my office all serviced up.

http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/salomon/rush-n8.html

open to offers.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The reason the Attraction 6's are very expensive are that they are a ski for expert level skiers. So they have loads more dampening materials in them for high speed on the blacks and moguls etc.

If she's still skiing the reds most of the time try the Rossignol Harmony series. They are good. Also try Roxy skis, they are made by Rossignol and have the same tail cut as the Harmony series.

I've skied Salomon's ladies skis Origins Emerald were a nice little ski, nice and flexible - another happy intermediates ski i.e. someone spending most of their time on reds with some blues and blacks would be quite happy with these. Also if she's young and not that heavy she won't want a ski that is too stiff. The more advance the ski the stiffer they are for agressive skiing.

Friends have liked the Dynastar exclusive range, friends skiing on these, range from early intermediates to quite advanced skiers have loved these. Most of us have been skiing for 20years plus.

If she really is spending all her time on the blacks and moguls then maybe you will have to look for a more expensive ski, but if not there is no need and a ski that is too stiff could hinder her.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RJane, Miss Radar does the reds when skiing with her parents, we like cruising she likes a challenge, she's tried the Exclusives and like them but actually raved about the attractions, I'll have a look at the Harmony and Roxy thanks for the advice.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Could someone please help me and my fiancee. We have been offered some rossignol fun girl skis and Fun girl J4 boots and was wondering if they would be suitable for her to learn on. She is 5.2" and weighs 8 stone.
latest report
I've done it, bought the Rossi's attraction had a nice conversation with the man in snow and rock and go some more discount Very Happy, now i can think about new ones for me Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Ricobilsland, Hi there is a brief review at http://www.theskiingexperts.com/rossignol-fun-girl-skis/, part of the equation is how much you are paying for the Ski's and boots.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy