Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Planned new Border arrangements at the Channel Tunnel

Poster: A snowHead
www.eurotunnel.com/.........

Quote:
UKBA supports the Eurotunnel proposal to move the border controls in Coquelles to a position before the passenger terminal facilities, as is the case in airports. This should make access to the Shuttles easier and quicker for those returning from the continent at the end of their stay. Passengers will be able to relax in the passenger terminal building having already passed through the border controls. Once their departure is called, they will drive directly to the Shuttle.

Quote:
The project to route traffic on in Coquelles through border controls before the passenger terminal building will further improve the ease of access to our Shuttles in France

Will it? I'm unsure, what do you think....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I try to avoid it at all costs!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Passengers will be able to relax in the passenger terminal building

and I expect they want the passengers to relax and do some shopping
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I like it - it's always a bit of a leap of faith that when Boarding is called you will actually get to the train in time if you are pulled over or if there are queues at border control.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, good plan. It is silly for everyone to hang around at the terminal waiting to be called, then have to sit in a queue for border controls all at once. This will spead the load at border control rather than sudden rushes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As RobinS says good idea, am I missing something, won't this happen UK side to or is it to good an idea?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When we went to France in June, hubby was fumbling in the bag for passports & the French passport control guy just waved us through. On coming back home however, the very sour faced British passport controller scrutinised them and us VERY carefully indeed.

When on the train we got nattering to a couple of blokes who work for Eurotunnel about the amusing and not-so-amusing situations that they see. They told us that if people arrive to go to France and have left passports in their hotel they let them through and tell them to wait in Calais - they track down the passports and fetch them over on the next shuttle for them.

Apparently one woman for some reason put her two bags on the roof of her car while she popped back into the hotel for something, then forgot and drove off. On arrival at the terminal one was remarkably still there. The other was missing. She seemed to think Eurotunnel's insurance would compensate her & argued the toss about it Shocked

A bloke argued over being told the standard instructions - to draw close to the car in front, open his window, engage handbrake, turn off his engine & put the car in 1st gear or park. He managed to put it in 1st and take his foot off the clutch causing the car to kangaroo into the one in front with some force. He tried to claim it was Eurotunnel's fault as he swore that is what they told him to do. He only quietened down when told it'd all be on the official cctv.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yes, bringing the clearances forward seems eminently sensible. We rarely have time to do more than pop in to the terminal for a pee and a "coffee to go" though.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds good. Often find the terminal building at Calais to be a filthy, rubbish strewn place inside as well as out. Like pam w, ok for coffee and pee.

This should help the passport queues which are often ridiculous with maybe only two lanes open at peak times Confused
I find that UK passport officials at the tunnel are generally a sour-faced bunch Butterfly, although pleasantly surprised last time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Makes sense - queues at customs in France are massive, not the French part but the UK. Always hate that queue, would be less stresfull to get through that and then relax.

Plus would it kill the UK border agency staff to smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris,
Quote:

Plus would it kill the UK border agency staff to smile

They take their job very seriously you know. We can't have Osama and his lackeys thinking they can fool our boys and UK citizens should be very aware of the clear and present danger that exists at all times Skullie . We need to be vigilant and if that means focus and no smiling then so be it. Besides I wouldn't smile if I thought I was going to have to stick my finger up someone's fundament all in the name of National Security. wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing wrote:
...what do you think....
I thought the link was too wide for my screen Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I haven't found them particularly dour - the border agency staff, that is. Given what a mind-numbing job it must be, they're usually OK. Perhaps some of those posters who complain are particularly suspicious-looking. wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, Boris maybe Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, Heathrow - worse than all the west coast USA guys including LA... but not QUITE as bad as the east coast USA ones... my friend told me they were nastiest she had met yet... she was not far off...
snow report
little tiger, yes, I just meant the ones at the tunnel really, the only ones I've encountered recently.
snow conditions
I too have found the border staff both sides of the tunnel efficient yet friendly, the worst customs officers I have found were at Plymouth.
snow conditions
Have just returned from France via Eurotunnel. The usual slow queue, but we had cheerful UK passport staff this morning. Cracked a joke about smuggling dogs -i.e you can't cos they always bark.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy