Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet use: attitudes and beliefs survey

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar wrote:
The Voice of Reason, it's the people who endanger or frighten others as a result of going too fast.

And they'd be coping just fine right until the moment they crash. And that would be the moment you would label a person as being unable to cope with their speed, after the horse has bolted.

These fecking fucktards just need to slow down for the same reason that Lewis Hamilton isn't allowed to drive around the M25 at 190mph.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PJSki wrote:
These fecking fucktards just need to slow down for the same reason that Lewis Hamilton isn't allowed to drive around the M25 at 190mph.
So, I think we all broadly agree that we can scrap helmets provided that idiots get banged up good 'n' proper and made to share a cell with Mr Big, and provided that you don't idiotically ski yourself into a tree or other similarly hard object leading with your head (in which case a helmet is of little use).

Stop grooming pistes, bring back monster moguls, slow down the uplift, prosecute colliders for common assault, bring back babes in stretch pants, use snipers to exterminate out of control skiers, take some bloody lessons - all better than talk of mandatory helmets.

Problem with surveys is that they get published and the press re-interpret them for maximum impact. Skiing is safer than table tennis isn't a story but Skiing/boarding = dangerous and it kills celebrities is - It becomes the message and it'll be trotted out again all autumn and winter for sure.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is skiing safer than table tennis?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, I'm all for mandatory helmets because I like the idea that it will really wee wee you off.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
hey, let's do a survey.

Apparently, statistically, it's 46.5% true.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PJSki wrote:
Bode Swiller, I'm all for mandatory helmets because I like the idea that it will really wee wee you off.
I like the idea if I'm allowed to have a big spike on the top.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
hey, let's do a survey.

Apparently, statistically, it's 46.5% true.

ah, but 96% of statistics are made up on the spot
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Celebrities "certain to die" if they take up table tennis, exclusively revealed by new survey...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller wrote:
PJSki wrote:
I like the idea if I'm allowed to wear a big spike on the top.

You can wear a butt plug for all I fecking care.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PJSki wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
PJSki wrote:

Technically, I don't think you would "wear" one of those but you seem to know more about it. Fashionable in some ski resorts like Val D'Isere I understand.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller wrote:
PJSki wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
PJSki wrote:

Technically, I don't think you would "wear" one of those but you seem to know more about it.

Obviously not as you understand the technicalities better. Well done, the first time you've been right about something in this thread.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ooh, didn't like the Val D'Isere thing then? Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller wrote:
Ooh, didn't like the Val D'Isere thing then? Laughing

You must have added that part after I hit the quote button. I wouldn't know about butt plug use in Val d'Isere and must again bow to your greater knowledge, Fred.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just that you ski like you "wear" one.

Anyway, nuff banter, back to the old survey business...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This thread is a veritable microcosm of snowHeads. Laughing
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
This thread is a veritable microcosm of snowHeads. Laughing
And there was poor me thinking that we would have a conversation about attitudes and beliefs of people who do or do not wear a helmet. I blame it on my sheltered upbringing.Smile
ski holidays
slider_tom, You were the one who started with the questions on "wild and uninhibited parties".
latest report
fatbob wrote:
slider_tom, You were the one who started with the questions on "wild and uninhibited parties".
Just as a clarification - I did not start with questions on "wild and uninhibited parties". It was one lonely question at the end of the survey and the question wasn't even mine…
Very Happy
snow report
fatbob wrote:

It's might be the only question that didn't get quibbled over. I'm guessing certain snowHeads automatically ticked "yes, I like" whilst simultaneously reaching for the toffee vodka wink
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
laundryman, no that would really hurt. But if our sport is being labled "demonstrably dangerous" I for one would like some concrete evidence...

I think concrete would actually hurt rather more than a tree Toofy Grin
ski holidays
miranda, the only quibbling on here about "wild and uninhibited parties" is why nobody's invited us to one in the last god knows how many years! Laughing
ski holidays
The cross reference questions were far too close together (often literally next together) and if you do a survey you need to try and keep the +ve -ve consistent otherwise people many get irritated and/or just hit the same answer without reading the question properly, which gives you an inconsistent result. The results of this survey will consequently be impaired. Something saying how many questions out of total would of been useful. I thought I'd reached the end only to find there were more at which point I bugged out. Lazy survey prep. must try harder 5.5/10.
snow report
The spirit of JWAZ lives! Twisted Evil
latest report
Masque, pi** off.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:

Stop grooming pistes, bring back monster moguls, slow down the uplift, prosecute colliders for common assault, bring back babes in stretch pants, use snipers to exterminate out of control skiers, take some bloody lessons - all better than talk of mandatory helmets.

Hear Hear to that ^^^, but skiing/boarding quite obviously are dangerous - there is always potential for something to go wrong, whether it's an avalanche, crevasse fall, tree collision, person collision, tree well or just a simple crash. We mitigate and control these dangers with mountaincraft, skill and technique, but that doesn't change the fact that the dangers are still there. Anyone who thinks a mountain is a completely safe place to be is an idiot.
snow report
Masque wrote:

Alas the meaning escapes me... (and google was no friend) - perhaps this is again a case of sheltered upbringing Little Angel
ski holidays
slider_tom, I think it's personal history
latest report
slider_tom wrote:
Masque wrote:

Alas the meaning escapes me... (and google was no friend) - perhaps this is again a case of sheltered upbringing Little Angel

It was (is?) a private forum outside of snowHeads where people could get creative with their profanity and b!tchfesting.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maggi wrote:
miranda, the only quibbling on here about "wild and uninhibited parties" is why nobody's invited us to one in the last god knows how many years! Laughing

maggi that's easy to explain.

I refer my learned friend to the above 5 pages and ask for thousands of similar threads and posts to be taken into account when sending out invitations Toofy Grin
snow report
slider_tom wrote:
Masque wrote:

You are new on the block aren't you?
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
slider_tom wrote:
Masque wrote:

It was (is?) a private forum outside of snowHeads where people could get creative with their profanity and b!tchfesting.

Thanks for clarification - At least the bitching and profanity has now been completely banished from this forum...Smile
snow report
slider_tom, well, there's not much profanity wink
latest report
Have filled in the questionnaire too. Quite long but very COMPREHENSIVE.... finally a research project that looks at the topic sensibly... Mary is a real skier so has but plenty of work into designing this. I have filed in many of these surveys over the last few years and never before has one asked the right questions like this one. Helmet use is NOT a simple black and white topic as everyone seems to think it is - i'll give you a devils advocate view 1) skiing is perceived as more dangerous because everyone has to wear helmets / does start wearing helmets, 2) fewer people take the sport up as it is perceived as dangerous - 'you need a helmet to protect yourself' 3) the sport loses new participants and becomes more polarised.... People may laugh at this idea but I have heard / seen this attitude to the sport. I once had a beginner turn up to a first time lesson when you are likely to get no further than a very basic snowplough on a very flat slope and she was dressed like an American footballer (no joke) - her words were - 'skiing is an extreme and dangerous sport isn't it?' - from the outset she was doomed - she was scared and inhibited by her protection. Anyway I just wanted to say that the topic is NOT clear cut as it would seem.

Great questionnaire - fill it in and please send me the resorts please Mary!
snow conditions
jesus that took a while, but all done.....
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
jesus that took a while, but all done.....

Many thanks! Very Happy
snow conditions
Steve Angus wrote:
Helmet use is NOT a simple black and white topic as everyone seems to think it is

I'm not sure that this thread is evidence that everyone thinks it is black & white, indeed most people seem to be griping that it is impossible to capture in a survey the real nuances of when and why helmet wearing might be a good idea.

There's obviously a world of difference between nurdling on some flat "off piste" between pistes and billy goating through a rock garden, average blue cruiser v blasting an empty high angle groomer etc. I'll be interested to see the outcomes too, but don't expect something earth shattering.

I'd agree BTW that for skiing beginners protection is overkill and potentially an inhibition but for snowboarding I can see real benefits in helmets, wristguards and bumpads due to the way beginners fall.
latest report
Quote:

I'd agree BTW that for skiing beginners protection is overkill and potentially an inhibition but for snowboarding I can see real benefits in helmets, wristguards and bumpads due to the way beginners fall.

yea agreed there are merits on the boarding side of things for sure.
snow conditions
I've done it. That's 15 minutes of my life I won't get back. a lot of repetition in the questions, but at least they were sensible.
snow conditions
Spyderman wrote:
I've done it. That's 15 minutes of my life I won't get back. a lot of repetition in the questions, but at least they were sensible.

you should have done what I did and done it on a laptop while you were 'avin' a fecking, good, hard shite!
latest report
PJSki, make dried apricots your friends, it must be your age
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy