Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British ski market falls another 11% - Crystal Ski Report 2009/2010 (with link)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wayne wrote:
Our booking are up 43% this year over the same time last year.
No one asked me to add any figure to the styats the report is based on.

If they did I would have given them the Facts
The ski market accross Europe is NOT down, it's up by 43%.
100% of skiers go to Italy.
No one ever DIY's
Everyone is happy 100% of the time
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

I notice on another thread that you took a nasty blow to the head n'est ce que pas?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shimmy Alcott, If you book Easyjet and the price is subsequently lowered you can claim back the difference, but it is given as a credit against your next booking not refunded.
So yes book now, but with the threat of the Icelandic Volcano kicking off again why not drive over? Plan an overnight stop in a Chateau and relax in style on the way Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing wrote:
alex_heney, http://mag.digitalpc.co.uk/fvx/crystal/sir2010/
still there, if thats what you meant Confused

It's back now. Smile

It was returning a message saying "Document no longer exists" when I tried it last night.

But now that I can look at it again, it definitely reads to me that by "independent" they do mean what we would call independent, or DIY.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shimmy Alcott, yes, flights generally just get more expensive as the time approaches. With easyJet, if they get cheaper after you book, you can get the difference refunded as a credit against a future flight (provided you have half a life to waste on their very expensive customer service line. wink ).

If you know when you want to go, and where, there's everything to be said for booking a flight asap. Using a credit card, just in case they go bust in the meantime.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can recommend a nice chateau for an overnight stop.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No surprise France suffered the worst given how expensive many resorts are in comparison with some other countries, Scotland bucked the trend though - numbers way up this season gone ... funny they didn't mention that in their report rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
But add in the Chalet or half board element and 2 free lift passes. I haven't tried pricing self catering with a TO (for a while anyway), the last thing I want to do is cook when I'm on a ski holiday. If I go self catering I can guarantee a £120 a night cost for dinner with drinks (minimum) (2 courses and drinks for 4 in Selva was easily £140). And I'm still short 28 breakfasts Smile

The Belle Plagne apartments are £1500 for one week on £26 Jan. Plus flights and transfers. So def not cheaper at the moment.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would imagine the most accurate way of counting skiers is to count the lift passes sold.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gordyjh, I agree, but that wont stop some people negating independent holydays. The Crystal research is just advertising drivel! I think that a lot of their former customers go independently!

That should be enough for this topic to grow a little more!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:
Quote:

Can't understand why people would put themselves through the hassle of DIY!

(1) organising is part of the fun

Not for most people! Trying to get my family & mates to cough up cash is a nightmare. Helps when you have someone to do it for you...

Quote:

(2) (snob alert) no sitting next to chavs on charter flights

You're not telling me that Easyjet have a "no chavs" rule!

Quote:

(3) No need to stick to 7 day duration

Not really interested in anything else - knackering!

Quote:

(4) you often don't pay the hotel bill until you leave (well, that's my experience in Austria)

That could go both ways, depending on your bar bill Smile

Quote:
(5) you can try places the TOs don't go to

Fair enough, but then again, it's the skiing I'm into, not the snob value.

You pays yer money and takes yer choice I suppose. My point being that one option is not necessarily "better" than the other. That's a value judgement, and 9 times out of 10 for me a TO will be cheaper AND less hassle. That's got to be worth something, surely. (If not at least the wrath of snowHead !)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ghost Dog, thing is - we couldnt afford to spend £120+ for four for dinner a night anymore. I'd never been keen on self catering but it's the best was to hack away at the cost of a ski holiday. I had the weeks menu planned and took a few supplies out - packet chix casserole sauces etc which just needed a good glug of wine to perk them up Toofy Grin cooking took me as long as it would to get dolled up to go down to dinner so I didnt really feel like I'd been cheated out of a treat - surprisingly. The apts in Belle Plagne are just a couple of mins walk from Spar so we picked up fresh baguettes and ham/cheese after ski school - the left over baguette was used for toast in the morning. I can honestly say i didnt enjoy the holiday any less than staying in a luxury hotel as we had been used to.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy