Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Post some summer stoke......

Poster: A snowHead
kitenski, rob@rar, have to agree on all fronts, that cornice on the right would have been much to tempting tho Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
livetoski, I've wondered about this line but aren't there significant cliffs below this pic? (Great Pic by the way)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mountain Haddock, Puzzled in my pics ? or DJ's no cliffs in mine
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

One of the best runs of the season, in Spain of all places...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I guess it's just me then but i really don't like photos like DJs. It just seems a tad to anal for my liking. Also there are way too many turns in there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This isn't a piccy, but my fave skiing video from the last 12 months...

Best Skiing Video of 2009/10

So proud!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Me and my mates in my first ever skiing experience, it was in Yllas Lapland, we went skiing in our kilts at -18 degrees!!

Photobucket
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
protosaurus, That made me smile - what a great story that tells.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
its not me, but this pic really got me fired up.. taken in the Back Corries April time?

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
milnerhome, the 2nd... I think. Pretty sure it was the same day as my picture on the first page. Around then anyhoo.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"

While irbis (the ultimate rare snowheads poster) is enjoying his turns, BobinCH's mate Tim takes a well-timed tumble on the Vallon d'Arby:

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
arv wrote:
milnerhome, the 2nd... I think. Pretty sure it was the same day as my picture on the first page. Around then anyhoo.

Yeah I remember them being together.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ooh, my favourites so far are milnerhome's and david@mediacopy's pics Very Happy

david@mediacopy, whereabouts in Spain was that?

protosaurus, good on ya. I think the expression on yours (?) or your mate's face (the blonde guy at the end) says it all. I've skied in Lapland by the way. Didn't have a kilt on though wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
VolklAttivaS5, Cheers Happy

The resort was Baqueira. A TR with more photo's here - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63153#1494016

That run was off the back of a ridge down into the next valley (outside of the resort boundary) needing a quick taxi ride home. Worth the 5 euro though wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
horizon, couldn't tell from the picture whether that was a tumble or nipple-deep powder Madeye-Smiley
latest report
david@mediacopy, thanks, I shall read your TR. Not been to Spain to ski.
snow conditions

not sure how stokey this is but first day last season in Soelden with my mate Gary on a reccy day before a course. Doesnt look it but i was doing about mach10 and trying to crash out for the camera (which i did manage but he didnt catch in on film!)
ski holidays
We set out from Arolla on an overnight tour and discovered that we had to descend this ladder (steeper than it appears in the photo) to get to the Cabane des Dix. Hopefully the photo quality is low enough that you can't see my nerves! Of course, we had to go back up it the next day.

latest report
TBH I don't think I took any really good photos last season but this was one of many fun days in the Valais.

snow report
Swirly, I like.
ski holidays
Swirly, am liking the retro white shades
snow report
livetoski, I've not long bought a pair of them, or similar. Very nice they are too.
snow conditions
edpyke, respect for going up that ladder, never mind whatever you came down afterwards Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Great photo Swirly
snow report
edpyke wrote:
We set out from Arolla on an overnight tour and discovered that we had to descend this ladder (steeper than it appears in the photo) to get to the Cabane des Dix. Hopefully the photo quality is low enough that you can't see my nerves! Of course, we had to go back up it the next day.

Ahhh the pas de chevre. Such an interesting descent.

I'll stick one up later...
snow report
Is that ladder ever tested for safety? It looks a bit Heath Robinson Shocked
ski holidays
Megamum, dozens of live guinea pigs test it every day in peak touring season Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Here's a fab photo of me skiing the Pow! Destination top secret but in Europe...

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/u1391-juliad.html
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Embarassed Help. After a glass too many of red wine I seem to be incapable of posting a photo...
ski holidays
Some great photos, especially milnerhome, but also david@mediacopy, arv, Arno, DJ etc. And I like that ladder (for you, not me - especially in ski boots)
You can rely on Snowheads for good stoke.

Here are two from my holidays last year:
This is Roger having fun -

and this is our guide, Zeb, taking off (glove hiding face unfortunately)

PS Nice one horizon

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 17-07-10 11:05; edited 6 times in total
ski holidays
Horizon - pogo steeze

Horizon again

Cold head sir?
ski holidays
Another attempt...

https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/medium/Jules2.jpg
latest report
juliad, click on your photo in the mediazone, look for the code under it for thumbnail (you could use that) and click the symbol at the end of that line, which will give you 3 others - copy the first one into your post for a big picture on screen.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 16-07-10 21:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
juliad, have another glass of red it gets easier if you hit the button marked medium sized image or is that medium sized bottle Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Thanks for the help. Here we go again...

latest report
Stupid question probably but as I'm new to to all this could someone tell me what Stoke means?
ski holidays
juliad wrote:
Thanks for the help. Here we go again...

Sweet pic. When were you up the Brecon Beacons?
ski holidays
juliad, worth the trouble. very nice.
latest report
This has to be one of my fave from our season last year. Mouth Junior aged 3 years and 2 months in Big White, top of Gem Express with the famous snow ghosts

ski holidays
Thanks for your comments guys! Whilst surfing under the influence last night, I obviously didn't read the OP correctly. I can now see that I should have posted the favourite photo I took and not my fav pic! Embarassed

Another admission, it actually was taken a couple of seasons ago. Destination not the UK. Think BMW, Sauerkraut, Oktoberfest. Any ideas?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy