Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Happy Hour

Poster: A snowHead
Every year when I go skiing I always fancy a beer (or two). In some resorts this can be a pretty expensive business. That's why I like Happy Hours or drinks promotions. Ok, ok I know all the arguments about responsible drinking but I'm going to do the drinking anyway - I'm just trying to get better value for money.

My problem is that unless you trawl all of the bars in a resort on your first night (a common occurance I have to admit) you don't know where all the happy hour type promotions are, the times they are running etc and I've always thought it would be helpful to know as soon as possible where the best deals are in the resort in which you happen to be in. And what better place to look for such information than on snowHead s?

Is this info available anywhere? And if not how could you (we) collate and display such info for easy reference here on snowHead s?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just go to Austria. Beer is always cheap there Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not in Ischgl it isn't. Or wasn't when we were there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski all day, back to chalet, couple of beers on verandah /. couch, evening meal, bed. Shower if you remember, Up at first light and repeat
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt, agreed, whats all this bar nonsense Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jonm wrote:
Not in Ischgl it isn't. Or wasn't when we were there.

hmm maybe expensive by Austrian standards but might be still a lot cheaper than France.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tiger2, I've usually found that resort websites often provide a good list of bars. In addition if you know where you are going ask a snowHead or thousand. I've had some good tips from fellow snowHead s
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is where the reps have their uses. They know all this stuff. It's always nice to know which are the best bars to visit straight from the slopes on the way back to the hotel, not just happy hours, but the ones that have lovely free nibbles too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ask instructors, patrol, lifties on your first morning on the hill

"ou est les actions mi amigo, dankeshen, defense de fumer brother"

proper job
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
This is where the reps have their uses. They know all this stuff.

Not in my experience. They tend to take you to where they get the best kickbacks.

But as it's maybe a dozen years or more since I bothered, I guess it's different now.............not. wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tom W wrote:

Have you been to St Anton?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles wrote:
Tom W wrote:

Yes, still cheaper then France.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
achilles wrote:
Tom W wrote:

2 euro happy hour 4-6pm weekdays in Bar Cuba, damn that's extortionate...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm sure we can all help each other out!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I agree beer generally cheaper in Austria. Even on the mountain beers in Zell am See were only 3.5eur/litre. Saalbach the same. then many of the bars in town had apres beer specials.
latest report
Tom W wrote:
achilles wrote:
Tom W wrote:

Yes, still cheaper then France.

Been everywhere in France as well?
ski holidays
Whether Austria is cheaper than France wasn't really the point of the OP (but what should I expect on snowHead ?)

I have to say that I agree with BCjohnny in that I've never found reps very helpful with such information - probably because of the seasonaires offers that the bars tend to offer (is that the same as a kickback?).

So, when I know where I'm going to be at Christmas expect a new thread for cheap beer info Toofy Grin
snow report
Tiger2, wouldnt it be great if we had a resort by resort avg beer price list. think it was tried on here before but the forum got over run with the "tut tutters" who go on holiday to ski only, with strictly no drinking allowed unlike us lager louts wink
snow report
creedgearoid In my mind that was the kind of thing I was thinking of - a resort list and various bars with their happy hour times and offers. But I agree it is a logistical issue. There was a thread on here that was trying to rate various on slope restaurants and I had thought it could be an extension of that.

However, given the potential for offers to change etc the best bet is probably as suggested - to ask for specific information about a specific resort and to ignore any tutting Very Happy
ski holidays
Tiger2, Why not go into a thread on the specific resort that you're going to and ask the question, that's what I do. You usually get everyone's preferred bar, but in amongst it is usually the happy hour place. Not usually the best bar though, just the cheapest.
snow report
Cymru am Byth, almost by definition those offering the cheapest deals will not be the best bars! But your suggestion is sound. Thanks very much.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy