Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Handy ski carriers ?

Poster: A snowHead
Hey snowheads,

I tried to recommend this handy ski carrier
But my posted got deleted - maybe I should have put it in the equipment forum ?
It really handy for carrying heavy skis about town.
And also on the bus around Les Gets.

http://www.skiloop.co.uk/

What other types of ski carriers do you guys recommend ?
No serious skier should be with out one snowHead
A simple invention like this makes life so much easier!

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I predict your account will last about another 5 minutes.... rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it is longer, tell me - are you Paul Edward Toleman, or Amanda Toleman?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They're all rubbish and a waste of time, including that one. Just clutter up the cupboard after a couple of uses.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I found mine really useful - it means your hands are free which is fab.
A ski carrier is maybe not for everyone - but I thought it was quite cool and practical too Cool

I am hoping to get into a little back country this year - and thought it might be useful for climbing up to some powder near the pistes ? snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll quite happily sell you mine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They're really awful - I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole. Waste of money and don't do the job.

Anyone feeling peckish? Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
An absolutely useless waste of time energy materials and breath.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At last - a poster with something interesting to say......
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
totally lame and pointless

Learn to carry your skis properly you tedious spamming twunt.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
has any one tried the 'ski handle' ?
it gets some good reviews too ? snowHead

which one would snowheads recommend ?
this one is recommended by BASI

http://www.teamski.co.uk/product.php?product=ski-walker.com_ski_handle&sproductID=79

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 13-07-10 15:03; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cathy, no, I've gone right off spam recently, but it seems that trolls keep delivering it by the bucketload.

On the plus side, the company is easy to research, and seems to be operated by Paul Edward Toleman (aged 55) with his wife Amanda as a partner, and presumably from their home address in the Knutsford area, where they live with their adult daughters Annabel L and Sarah V Toleman, who are aged about 19-24, and still registered to vote at their home address. Paul Edward Toleman has a patent on his device, WO/2003/037454, filed via Wilson Gunn McCaw in Manchester, which probably cost a fair bit as it covers a large number of territories.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ousekjarr, Can you spell 'Stalker'?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Voice of Reason, can you spell "Google"?

Anyone who puts their head over the parapet had better understand that they've made themselves visible. If they then think they can anonymously spam forums with ads for their products, they shouldn't be surprised when someone wants to find out just who the hell this idiot is...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yag_si_HS,The handy ski carrier must be good. They got one of the Nolans to pose in the ad. Plus she is wearing a 1970's all in one ski suit.
Class. Very Happy
ski holidays
ph, in the original spam, the truth about skiing is all too clear - if you are young, and female, some guy will come along and offer to carry one (Puzzled) of your skis for you, while if you are an aging peroxide blonde in 1970s cast-off ski gear, you can carry your own bloody skis... NehNeh
latest report
The second is a warning about what life has in store for the young lady if she continues to encourage the guy - along come kids, and then you get the double whammy that your skiing holidays cost more, and you also get to carry all of your kid's kit as well...
snow report
ousekjarr, I am fairly confident that yag_si_HS is not 'Paul Edward Toleman' and that posting personal details of the aforementioned Mr Toleman, whether it appears in the public domain or not, is a little unnecessary.....

I am, however, happy to stand corrected on this, but prefereably by someone who knows what they are talking about
snow report
ousekjarr wrote:
phif you are an aging peroxide blonde in 1970s cast-off ski gear, you can carry your own bloody skis... NehNeh

Its a good job I am not Paul Edward Toleman....
You probably just offended his wife ! snowHead
snow report
I notice that the couple in the first picture can only afford one ski each, so won't need to invest in such a contrivance.

Anyway just snowboard instead, you only have one thing to carry and it's conveniently fitted with 2 handles on the heel edge.
Simples ! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
stoatsbrother, eloquently put my friend. You can be wearing rear entry boots, 15 year old skis, or even a Nevica neon one-piece, but you'll never look as fricking stupid as when you use some sort of contraption for carrying your skis.
ski holidays
I understand that yag_si_HS prefers snowblading anyway, so quite *why* he feels the need to troll with adverts for ski carriers is a little puzzling? Puzzled rolling eyes
ski holidays
hey - what about this one ? snowHead really cool.
the guy in the photo is even wearing a helmet with shades (the SCGB look Cool )

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 13-07-10 15:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Despite the obvious pork based luncheon meat - I bought a couple at the Ski Show last year.

Useful for the kids to carry their stuff as it keeps it all together rather than skis and poles making a break for it! Also use them to wrap around all our skis when at lunch etc, as stops the "accidental" walking off with them
snow conditions
I knew someone on SH would have this handy invention! snowHead
Any more reviews ?

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 13-07-10 15:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
The Voice of Reason, it was one possibility, and the most likely at that time. Now I just think he's a wind-up merchant, and after the first warning to him (see his signature...) I'm surprised his account has lasted this long. Mods: Why is that exactly?

Quote:
Spam sig removed - be a good boy and don't put it back if you want to stay here

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 13-07-10 15:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Quote:

Now I just think he's a wind-up merchant

rolling eyes
snow report
Grocer alert:

Quote:

looking forward to next years EOSB!

Where's Lynn Truss when you finally need her?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways wrote:

Anyway just snowboard instead, you only have one thing to carry and it's conveniently fitted with 2 handles on the heel edge.
Simples ! Toofy Grin

Richard - no need to feel left out, you get them for snowboards too snowHead

ousekjarr wrote:
I'm surprised his account has lasted this long. Mods: Why is that exactly?

I thought this was a forum for serious skiers snowHead

I am trying to have a sensible discussion about ski carriers here...
Stop trying to ruin it please snowHead

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 13-07-10 15:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Laughing I, for one, am lovin' your work......
ski holidays
yag_si_HS wrote:
I thought this was a forum for serious skiers snowHead

I am trying to have a sensible discussion about ski carriers here...

This is where your argument falls apart. There is no such thing as a sensible discussion about ski carriers. They are useless, worthless and gay.

Move along.
ski holidays
Buying Ski Carriers is a waste of time. I used my old Babybjorn baby carrier like this and adapted it so that it could hold my skis and act as a rucksack.
latest report
Cheap luggage strap and an extra buckle - job done.

Not that I ever bother using it!
ski holidays
ousekjarr wrote:
cathy, no, I've gone right off spam recently, but it seems that trolls keep delivering it by the bucketload.
... a patent on his device, WO/2003/037454, filed via Wilson Gunn McCaw in Manchester, which probably cost a fair bit as it covers a large number of territories.

I'm amazed there's a patent for that thing, it seems awfully like www.skistrap.co.uk which i've had for a few years and found okay when needed.
Apologies for replying to an obvious troll and of course to parlor for being such a gay. I assume a big hunk of a fella like parlor has no problem carrying a pair of skis, poles and a screaming child.
snow conditions
You carry your own skis?

surely that is what staff are for Toofy Grin
ski holidays
betterinblack wrote:

Apologies for replying to an obvious troll and of course to parlor for being such a gay. I assume a big hunk of a fella like parlor has no problem carrying a pair of skis, poles and a screaming child.

You've clearly seen parlor's TR with Arno wink
snow conditions
Snowpatrol?

fatbob, no children were used in the filming of that TR. We used "small people" at dressed them as kiddies.

betterinblack, I'm sure there are many instances when having ones hands free is deal with unruly children. Physical violence is not always best.

I've heard people who can't afford ski butlers should breed more children and train them to carry your ski equipment.
ski holidays
My skis go in a bag with a big handle. Still blimming awkward to carry but helps for those unavoidable instances like getting skis from house to car and car to airport terminal, then from hotel to equipment lockers and vice versa. Other than that I avoid carrying skis as much as possible.
snow report
ousekjarr wrote:
The Voice of Reason, it was one possibility, and the most likely at that time. Now I just think he's a wind-up merchant,

The rest of us were well aware of that before the post you objected to here - which is why most of the responses to your post were disagreeing with you.

He is almost certainly a sock puppet of one of the regular posters.

Quote:

and after the first warning to him (see his signature...) I'm surprised his account has lasted this long. Mods: Why is that exactly?

Quote:
Spam sig removed - be a good boy and don't put it back if you want to stay here

Probably because he has done as asked and not put it back.

I never saw the original signature, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was an over reaction too.
snow conditions
queen bodecia wrote:
My skis go in a bag with a big handle. Still blimming awkward to carry but helps for those unavoidable instances like getting skis from house to car and car to airport terminal, then from hotel to equipment lockers and vice versa. Other than that I avoid carrying skis as much as possible.

I think tath is true of most of us.

But if my accommodation is within about 5-8 minutes or so of the nearest lift, I will tend to walk rather than waiting for a ski bus, and then I do find it comes in useful. (I don't have the same model as shown above, but it is basically similar).

I can't understand why those who choose not to use them themselves are so against them in this thread.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy