Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

arc 1950 photographs please?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone point me in the direction of some up to date(ish) photoraphs of the development. How much progress as been made on "Sources de Marie"
Regards,
Alun Williams
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was there recently. It looked nice but still very Christmassy in March! I've PMed you my photos - there aren't many though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alun Williams,

I thought Sources de Marie was all done and dusted but then I have got confused with all the different phases. Website is http://www.arc1950.com/marie/fullfillement/gb/.
I have an e-mail address of someone who may be able to help you who works for them - he keeps sending me stuff!. Let me know and I will PM you with his details
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alun Williams, when I was there at the end of Jan, most of the outer shell for the Sources de Marie seemed to be in place but the only pic I have is here on the web site - taken 4th Feb.

I am there from 9th April so if its of use, I'll try to take a few snaps on the St Esprit lift that runs up past the development and PM them to you.

Its a pity they moved the web cams as the webcam pics used to be taken from 2000 and gave a much better view of the construction work than the single close up view of the Auberge de Jerome available now.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 25-07-05 14:29; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bungle, I have just got back and read your post. I hope you reed this before going. It would be great to receive the views from the St Esprit lift and I agree that it is a shame the resort cameras all really are looking the same way now. Last year they viewed out of the village I recall!
Alun Williams
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mouth, I would be delighted to receive a contact details ...... I am hoping to call there in the summer on our holiday drive to the South and hopefully spend a few days or even a week in the area ... to experience the alps in the summer will be a new experience for us!
Alun Williams
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alun Williams, best thing to do is mail arc1950@hmc-hotels.com - HMC are the operator of the first four apartment buildings all of which will be open this summer (three are open at the moment for this winter).

Prices are per apartment with no under occupancy charge so we took a two bed place meant for six for the four of us so we didn't have to use the sofa bed in the living room. Prices are pretty reasonable in the summer (summer 2005 - a large one bed place is from 357€ to 560€ and a large two bed place from 413€ to 763€ all prices per week but pretty much any length of stay is possible).

Although there is a lot of stuff put on in the summer, the place is pretty quiet (all of Les Arcs rather than just 1950) - for example we took a trip on the Vanoise Expresss last week in August and there was only us four and the bloke driving on it on the way back at 2pm in the afternoon but we stayed for a week last year and had a great time - the village will have two (heated) pools this summer and the resort club at 1950 has face painting, panning for gold in the waterfall, story telling, archery and other stuff happening but the main activity centre seems to be the the Club Des Sports at Arc 1800 and 1600 so I would say the fact that you have a car is very good - we went down to 1800 a lot where our kids had a great time - the (heated) swimming pool there is very nice as well and would thoroughly recomend the adventure course for any kids from 6 to about 13 and our 8 year old daughter loved the climbing wall as well.

Also worth taking the lifts to the top of the Aguille Rouge above 2000 for a stunning view - we were there 20th August and it snowed above about 3000m twice overnight - we went to the top the day after in glorious sunshine and had a minor snowball fight - it was -3c (but I braved it in shorts being English) and though Mrs Bungle kept her distance I was glad I did when we got back down to 24c (in the sun) at 1950 about 25 mins later and stripped our six layers off for a swim and a sunbathe - a great and very unusual experience.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 25-07-05 11:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alun Williams, snowHeads will be there in force from April 23rd onwards for the EOSB (see thread in 'Chalets'), and I'll be wandering around getting bored (banned from skiing Sad ) that week, so I'll take a few photos of the development.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, Many thanks, I will look forward to seeing them .... still hoping for a trip out to arc 1950 as a birthday gift (April 30th) from my wife! She may read this!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alun Williams, sorry for the inexcusable delay - was out at 1950 week starting 30th July - here's a few pics I took then - as you can see the concrete shell of the Sources De Marie (sixth building of seven) is pretty much complete.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy