Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Public tranpsort options to Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Should it be necessary for me to get to Les Arcs with the Minimum's and very little luggage how close can I easily get by public transport, and when would I need a hire car?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is one of the easiest resorts to get to I'd have thought. Go to bourg st maurice station by train and get the funicular railway up the mountain..would probably then be a bus to different parts of les arcs. There are probably also local ski buses from the rail station. There is a recent thread about train options to bourg st maurice. Not sure how to link but they have been discussed these past few days.

I don't think it would be worth hiring a car unless you wanted to drive off to other resorts or to a hypermarket.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, train from London is easiest. Direct Eurostar service to Bourg St Maurice (either overnight on a Friday or a daytime Saturday service), or Eurostar to Paris, then a short Metro journey across the city to change stations and then TGV to Bourg. Direct Eurostar is more expensive, but much more convenient.

Once you're at Bourg you have a few options for getting up to Arc 1800: arrange for someone to meet you in Bourg if he's there already; catch the funicular up to Arc 1600 (included with your lift pass, then a couple of free resort shuttle buses (one to 1800, then one to Chantel); taxi straight to the apartment; scheduled bus from Bourg to 1800.

If you do need to go for this option be aware that Eurostar ski tickets go on sale next week and the cheapest sell out quick.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, snowymum, both, that's worth knowing thanks - good job I asked re: the train, I will know by then what I need to do.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy