Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap Way To The Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a member of a few different internet forums and someone on one of them has asked the question about interrailing. I had never heard if this before, but what a great way of getting to and from the alps at a very cheap rate, cheaper that any budget airline plus you wouldnt have to pay extra for any bags or ski carriage. I can get a pass for travel anywhere within Europe for £335 for a whole month!!! Have a look and see what you think, it is certainly an option for some snowHead . Im thinking of doing a months ski touring all over the Alps, Sierra Nevada, Pyrenees, Dolomites and even maybe head over to Eastern Europe for some skiing action.

http://www.interrailnet.com/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
I am a member of a few different internet forums and someone on one of them has asked the question about interrailing. I had never heard if this before, but what a great way of getting to and from the alps at a very cheap rate, cheaper that any budget airline plus you wouldnt have to pay extra for any bags or ski carriage. I can get a pass for travel anywhere within Europe for £335 for a whole month!!! Have a look and see what you think, it is certainly an option for some snowHead . Im thinking of doing a months ski touring all over the Alps, Sierra Nevada, Pyrenees, Dolomites and even maybe head over to Eastern Europe for some skiing action.

Is Eurostar included, doesn't state that it is, but doesn't state it isn't either. If it was the 5 days from 10 would be a good option especially for us up North.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
its with these, click on the desired country then it will tell you who the operator is, here it is for france
Railway company
The InterRail Global Pass and the One Country Pass is valid in trains of the national railway company SNCF.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kel wrote:

Is Eurostar included, doesn't state that it is, but doesn't state it isn't either. If it was the 5 days from 10 would be a good option especially for us up North.

NO Sad

http://www.interrailnet.com/interrail-faq-eurostar-included
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
so we would have to get to dover, ferry as foot passenger then a train from calais to anywhere in europe.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
so we would have to get to dover, ferry as foot passenger then a train from calais to anywhere in europe.
not an issue, that's the way life used to be. Many many moons ago I used to get the train from Victoria to (I think) Newhaven, cross as foot passenger (with huge bag and a couple of pairs of skis - and that's when skis were skis), local train to Paris, cross Paris on the Metro and then third world sleeper to Grenoble or wherever and then hitch to resort. It was an adventure for sure. None of this mamby panby high speed stuff with tunnels.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ricklovesthepowder, Nat Express buses get to Dover on a regular basis, Cheap and usually convenient.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
there we go then. You could have the ski adventure of your lifetime with unlimited trains throughout europe. Sounds amazing, if i can get a month off in feb i may go for it. Looks amazing. I think 2k all in and you could do it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, it would make for an interesting blog. However, transport isn't a huge chunk of the cost of a ski holiday - and a car shared between 4 would probably work out cheaper. If you wanted to go to lots of different resorts you'd spend a fair bit of money and a lot of time on transfers (though Switzerland would be good, I suppose). And if you were able to ski for, say 20 days at different places that would cost loads in lift passes, too. If you could take a month off you'd probably get a lot more skiing in if you went to a big area such as the Dolomites, or the Espace Killy, and rented an apartment. As we know from a lot of threads on SHs it can be very difficult to find accommodation in resort for odd days - and that's especially true in France for all but the first week of February. In fact, if you were going to do a month, February wouldn't be the best one to choose.

I've met quite a few people who've done the eurrail thing (because I used to interview graduate job applicants). Most of them seem to have spent an awful lot of time on trains, and many seemed to have been more keen on ticking off the places they'd visited than doing anything interesting when they were there. A ski trip would at least have a sensible focus.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
From my experience of Inter-railling:-
accommodation - youth hostels?
check the european timetables to find travelling time & routes between your chosen resorts (may be long detours via railway hubs).
some railways have supplements applicable over & above the Iner-rail ticket.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Inter-railing is probably more civilised now but I well-remember a French ticket inspector asking me to leave my couchette on an extremely busy train "because I wasn't French". My ticket was valid so I didn't budge but the others in the couchette (all French) seemed to think he was being perfectly reasonable.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller, did you pay a supplement for a couchette? Used to be a rule, probably still is, that for anything other than the upright bog-standard seats on night trains you had to pay a whopping great surcharge. We didn't bother and were usually fine in compartments but then ended up having a nightmare overnight journey between Rome and Nice with 8 people squeezed into a tiny compartment in temperatures that started out at 36C and didn't drop below 26C all night.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sideshow_Bob, We're talking 30 years ago. I know I had a valid ticket for the berth I was in. And yes it was stiflingly hot all night.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy