Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats your favorite blue run ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Batman_123 wrote:
How come everyone else can talk about straightlining blues but when i post about it i get told off?

I agree - it's not fair! I hereby condemn all those talking of straightlining blue runs as irresponsible and dangerous.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alpe D'huez is great for straightlining as the blues run into the greens for that extra long experience - or you can jump into the Luge ren Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
.......the blues run into the greens.....

Even better - not only can you scare the bejesus out of nervous novices but you can wipe out the first-day kiddies as well rolling eyes wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Batman_123 wrote:
How come everyone else can talk about straightlining blues but when i post about it i get told off?

Maybe they've seen you ski? NehNeh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Alpe D'huez is great for straightlining as the blues run into the greens for that extra long experience - or you can jump into the Luge ren Toofy Grin

I think AdH have it right, with large clearly signposted beginners' areas on some of the greens where speeding is strictly frowned upon while leaving some others open for those coming down from higher up the mountain.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Red Leon, and the sledgers, dont forget the sledgers...I love it when I run them off the run Laughing wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sideshow_Bob, signs? What signs?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott, last time I was there (2008) there were big signs and netting across the top of the main beginners' area green run.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sideshow_Bob, They knew you were coming. wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
geepee, I was there with my ex who was a very timid one-week beginner so I was actually grateful for an area for us to be able to ski together without too much risk of being crashed into Smile Kinda gives you a different perspective on things such as speed and reasonable gaps to leave when you ski with and take responsibility for someone like that.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Probably missed a few, but I thought I'd sift the wood from the trees and pull out the list of fave blues from this thread. Can you tell I am bored and suffering snow-withdrawal??

Quote:

Mine is the Tomeusses in Val D'Isere

ood views and a decent length of run. Savoleyres (Verbier) springs to mind

tree-lined blue down to Vallorcine at Le Tour (part of the Chamonix lift pass area), ... couple of blues that were good fun at Engelberg - down from Jochpass. Lots of off/between piste opportunities too.

Wengen, the blue run from Kleine Scheidegg down to Brandegg is good - a combination of some rollers at the start, a great view of the Eiger, and then a trail section through the woods. Partway down there's a choice of two blue runs which later rejoin, and once you arrive at Brandegg you can try the apple fritters at the restaurant . Also it is seldom crowded.

Moraine in ValT, Plan Mugner above 1650, PisteL in ValD down to le Laisinant and the blue route down to La Daille
are all cracking cruisers, and all wide enough to let the skis run without being dangerous about it

Etive glades in Glencoe Scotland. When slightly icy underneath and a small soft coat on top to dampen it slightly it is great. Nice load of ripples to absorb and you can get some serious speed up comfortably and safely.

still love the blue into La Tania, Fouyleres (sp) really great for rollers and normally very quiet

Tete Ronde is a favourite in ValT.

Renard, les arcs ...Can be quite busy if peak ski school time but it's a great run for confidence building, riding switch or just jibbing round the edges...

Combe a Florets on the way down to Les Lindarets...

Le Jeu in Valfrejus is remarkably remote and meandering for a blue:

La Plagne - the one that goes through a tunnel - can't remember the name. Eventually becomes Les Laines down into Belle Plagne. It has a couple of bits where you really do just have to schuss and go for it to avoid walks. But the rest of the run is great. Mostly wide enough to accomodate all grades of skiers at differing speeds - but the more skilled are generally considerate enough to keep the speed down.

Tetras - La Rosiere

A fantastic first blast on a morning or last thing in the afternoon

Chavanne in Lets Gets
So much fun first thing in the morning!

The top 2/3 of Pluviometre in - VT, Tete Ronde - VT, Moraine VT, Grand Lac - Les Men, Le blue from Mid Station into St MArtin (last run on empty slope)... hmm I see a 3v theme here.

Pista 2, Folgarida. A glorious run back to resort with a fantastic piste-side hotel doing food a few hundred metres before the bottom that's not marked on the map, so it's fairly quiet - even when the main food stops are full-to-bursting

Folieres into La Tania, and - although it's designated a green, parts are blue - Marvel in Morillon

the one down to the bar in Arabba that we ended up in in the evenings on the Birthday Bash

a piste accessed by the Super Morzine lift (above Morzine ). I think it was called Tetras.

My favorite BLUE RUN is ACUREUIL in Risoul. Fantastic run home and never busy, tree lined and wide with fantastic off piste through the trees. Plenty for all the family to do together.

2b in obertauern.. not very long but a great way to start the day,

the M25 in Verbier,
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lots of blues leading down to the vanoise express and les couches in la plagne.

Must say was very amused by the earlier posts in this link. Some people just can't get away from hard core can they Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I haven't read all of this but I'd have a stab at Pluviometre in Val Thorens. Flattering, pacey, varied (in a blue sense) and decently long. Especially good for restoring your confidence if you've just been down the Death Couloir!!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy