Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apartments in Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, new to this forum and a bit new to skiing!

Does anyone know of any apartments that are available in Courchevel (dont mind 1850, 1650 or 1550) in December 2010 and January 2011?

I have scanned the t'interweb and can only find vastly expensive catered chalets.

I am looking for somewhere that can sleep 1 couple for a trip in December 2010 and also am planning a trip with another couple in January 2011.

Please let me know if you can help, cheers Phil Blush
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, you are looking in one of the most expensive resorts !! I mean let's face it Courchevel's website is in part sponsored by Moet & Chandon.
But to be fair, it is great resort.

Anyway. Try Residence Les Brigues, run by Odalys Vacances in 1550.

We rented a 2 bedroomed apartment for a week in late March 2008, for EUR 416. It was a special offer on the Odalys website.
It was very basic but did the job. 2 bedrooms (1 twin, 1 bunk room which was also the entrance hallway but separately doored off), bathroom, small living/dining area with a very basic kitchenette, and acess to a ski locker downstairs.

The top half of the building virtually backs on to the red piste down to 1350, so if you get a room up there it’s almost ski in/out, or you can get the free resort shuttle to the main gondonla at 1550.

Alternatively see if you can get a cheapered catered deal in La Tania.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
speedy, Welcome. Hope you realize that getting an apartment in Couchevel is possibly the most expensive skiing holiday you could plan. If you think the chalets look vastly expensive, wait until you hit the shops, bars and restaurants. If you can find a chalet for around the £600 mark then bite their hands off for it, the food and wine included in the price are worth about double in Courchevel compared to other resorts. La Tania, as Gazza suggests, is another option, although you are a little removed from the center of the Courchevel slopes you have a quick(ish) option into Meriballs. Seriously, I'm not shy of chucking the folding around on a skiing holiday, but Courchevel really does extract the urine on a grand scale. Any particular reason for looking specifically in Courchevel?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Any particular reason for looking specifically in Courchevel?

Well, to be fair, it's a great valley to ski. and if you avoid the main holidays and get a self-catering apartment, eating and drinking don't need to cost you an arm and leg. We did a last minute s/c apartment in Courchevel 1650 some years ago, telephoned the tourist office 3 days before. that was Easter weekend, and it wasn't ruinous by any means, though it was very small. we did a big shop in a supermarket down in the valley, which did us for the whole weekend. We ate - and drank - very well. And we even got a dump of fresh powder though I discovered that I wasn't very good at being the first person up a drag lift, in the thick fog, after a heavy fall of snow. Sad It took me ages to dig myself out, clamber/swim up to where I thought the piste was, and find my way down again.

http://courchevel-1650.com/ariondaz one example I found at random of an apartment which should be reasonable comfortable for 4, and is £530/week in mid January. A lot more expensive than a 2 bedroom apartment in our resort - but then we're not in Courchevel. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies guys - I went to Courchevel with 3 mates back in February and stayed in 1550 at an apartment that isnt available when I want it next time. I am aware of the nature of the resort but just didnt want to shell out £1000 a night to stay in a catered chalet or half board hotel when I would prefer to go out and about a bit more and sample eats and drinks!

We all went out to Le Cave one night - 3 beers and 1 bottled water, 76 Euro!!.......had to laugh!!

Thanks for those replies - I will have a look!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
speedy, Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead

If you would consider La Tania (just along the valley from Courchevel) you'll find decent quality catered and self-catered accommodation, much of it ski in/out or close enough, at lower prices than Courchevel, but it's covered on the local lift pass too. IIRC it was a gondola up from LT centre, bit of a ski across to a chair and then a ski down to 1850. Nightlife isn't extensive, but what there is, is lively enough, with live music, happy hours etc. There is a well-stocked supermarket (Sherpa I think) as well as some smaller shops, cafes, bars etc
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or try Mottaret in the Meribel valley. it is actually quicker to the top of courchevel valley than staying anywhere in courchevel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The majority of resorts in the 3 Valleys are convenient for access to great skiing so it's difficult to go wrong.

However, the character (and prices you encounter for eating and drinking) of the towns does vary a lot and - as mentioned above -Courchevel (particularly 1850) will undoubtedly drain your wallet faster than the other resorts in the area.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know of an apartment in Le Praz for rent and also a one bed in 1550. Both good rates although would need to check on availability and this year's rates for you. Let me know if you haven't found anything yet and will get details for you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy