Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brixen im Thale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What is the red run (no. 6?) like back into Brixen?

We are looking at accomodation which is directly on the piste but not sure whether the run would be too challenging for one of the children in our group - she can cope with most runs when she is with her instructor but gets fearful when with her parents (they are re-discovering skiing so are a little worried themselves).

Any info on Ski schools would be good too.

Thanks in advance Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure what you mean by run No 6?

Are you talking about the one down from the "main" Skiwelt area, or the one from the Westendorf side?

I haven't done the latter, and have only done the former once, but it was very similar in standard to most of the other reds around the Skiwelt - although rather soft and heavy going towards the bottom in late March.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I check my piste map of Ski Welt. The numbering system seems to refer to the chairlift and the runs are not numbered. There is a red run from the bottom of chairlift No. 6 to the bottom of Brixen i.Thale.

I went down there a few years ago but couldn't remember anything special. Austrian red runs are pretty consistent.

The red run should not be a problem because the children can always come down on the godola #1. Top of godola is full of blue runs to chairlift #5 and #6.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alex_heney, saikee, Thanks for your replies. I am refering to the red that runs down from main skiwelt area, marked with buildings 5, 6 & 7 ,of which, one is the accomodation we are looking at. We went to the Skiwelt last year but didn't get to Brixen. I must agree we did find most reds were pretty consistent and I was hoping you would confirm that to help make our decision. Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you have done other reds in the area then this red is generally no more difficult than others. From memory there is one section of a bit of undulating terrain and then also a little section that you have to negotiate coming to the bottom to slow down with a little open gate and fence section. All good if you go nice and slowly.

I don't advise taking the off piste route down there as we did in Feb 2009 as lift number 8 up to this piste wasn't working. Involves some fairly 'interesting' areas and some hidden barbed wire fences (snow depending of course) Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The red run you refer to, as saikee says from the bottom of the Jochbahn (lift no. 6) down to the valley at the Hochbrixen gondola (lift no. 1), is not the easiest of reds. It is generally straightforward enough but there is one section (around where the 1300m is on the printed piste plan) which is relatively narrow in places and tends to become mogully (depending on the snow conditions). I believe that the roads up to the buildings 5, 6 & 7 are open (most of the time), so maybe you could ask the owners whether they can provide any transport to the lifts if you were to find the skiing too challenging. As Touchguru says, it shouldn't be too bad if you take things gently but it's not a run I would take beginners down.

Can't say anything about the ski schools but I found two on the net, http://www.skischule-brixen.at/ and http://www.skischuleaktiv.at/. Both web sites are only in German, though, as far as I can see.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks espri,
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pretty much agree with what all have said. The run towards the bottom can get slushy narrow and bumpy but I have taken relatively novice skiers down there. Just take it slowly but at the end of the day it can be pretty hairy with fast skiers flying by. . The runs down the other side of the ski welt to Elmau and Soll are easier and better for beginners. The main ski school is the Brixen school which meets about 30 meters from the top of the gondola. Great for kids with good play areas. However they may find being in a class of german speakers a little daunting. Again Sol and Elmau have a large English contingent so they may be happier there. As a general rule Brixen is known locally as a Dutch resort, the others mostly English. Hope this helps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy