Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

InsideOut Skiing - Meribel December

Poster: A snowHead
Timberwolf, great snow doesn't come as standard? Damn, I'm going to have to rethink going on Inside Out trips in that case.

Speaking of stunning conditions, I've just booked a trip to Japan in February to scope out the possibility of an Inside Out trip to powder heaven for the following season...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar wrote:

Speaking of stunning conditions, I've just booked a trip to Japan in February to scope out the possibility of an Inside Out trip to powder heaven for the following season...

Life's a bitch isn't it, all this research ? wink If you need a client's view on all of this, I might be free...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timberwolf, dates are 10-20 February. I'm booked in to a twin room so a roomie would reduce the cost a bit. If we could get a few more people we could make a bit of a trip of it Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You might want to wait and see what noggy says Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timberwolf, Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
So very jealous that you are all going .... I should be there ...blasted work !!! Sad
What makes it even worse is that i am snowbound at the moment and can't even get to blasted work !! In fact I can't even get to the south downs as my road has declared itself impassable as a few of my neighbours have found to their cost !!!!

Have a great week everyone - especially Emmeline who I am sure I would have had a great time with during the week !!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bobblehat, sorry you couldn't make it, maybe next year Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Timberwolf, looking at the snow I think you might need a friendly boarder to hang back and fish all the skis out of he powder for the group ..... again wink

Hope you all enjoy it, I will be in Tignes having fun too Very Happy

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 6-12-10 9:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops wrote:
......a friendly boarder..............

Sorry, don't know any of those rayscoops wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bobblehat wrote:

Have a great week everyone - especially Emmeline who I am sure I would have had a great time with during the week !!

Cheers Smile Smile Smile Hope you're no longer snowbound!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looking good!! http://www.merinet.com/webcam/meribel/34
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's the kind of post I like anarchicsaltire snowHead

Looks a lot better than over the last couple of days when it has been raining Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks great, just hope we get some more snow soon and it doesn't warm up too much!

I wonder whether the Blue run down to Les Allues is open?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kosciosco, if there's snow on it, it's open wink wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kosciosco, very unlikely... but you can always trash some rental skis Toofy Grin
latest report
skimottaret, looks like it will be very cold next week, wrap up warm Little Angel
snow conditions
"Freestyle World Cup (dual bumps) which will be held on the Corbey stadium next Wednesday" Is that going to be our 'race day'?
snow conditions
anarchicsaltire, i was there for it a couple years ago and it is great fun to watch, defo worth taking a half hour out to see em hammer the zip line and hit some jumps
snow report
tomorrow, tomorrow.......is only a day away Cool
snow report
It's fun though pistes and lifts are a bit patchy in coverage. Knee holding out well acl only hurts when walking not skiing Happy
Wrong ski's though, should have brought the piste skis for the hardpack! Some great runs today, ski buddies are a laugh too.......
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Timberwolf, dates are 10-20 February. I'm booked in to a twin room so a roomie would reduce the cost a bit. If we could get a few more people we could make a bit of a trip of it Happy

YOU SON OF A B****! Now you make an announcement Evil or Very Mad It was a tossup between a week in Japan or the Birfday Bush and on the 'Pro' side was skiing/boarding with snowHeads that swung it to Arabba.

Roll on next Winter rolling eyes
snow conditions
Masque, sorry mate, it was a bit of a last minute decision. Definitely planning a 2012 trip ...
ski holidays
rob@rar,No prob, I'm thinking of 2 weeks next year, probably last week in Jan, first in Feb, possibly two or three resorts (road/train trip). . . but I need to learn to tele in powder first . . . I'm bound to provide some amusement in Arabba Embarassed
snow report
anarchicsaltire, blaming it on the new skis already NehNeh.
snow report
Skis ok today but they may need some tlc after skiing down in vt with no goggles after they froze. It was so painfull that I had to put them on for a bit and just work with shadows, couldn't see the rocks that way though Sad. Can contact lenses freeze?
snow report
anarchicsaltire, blimey, what temperature was it? Shocked
snow conditions
The wrong side of -20. This morning was the coldest I've ever been. I think I have frost nip/bite in a big toe. Other guys in my apartment also had frost nip on their faces. It was brutal today - same tomorrow. Oh joy!
ski holidays
rob@rar, goodness! Shocked Bryan Hogg just posted on fb that one of the ItS guests in Tignes this week has got frostbite. I was obviously lucky to be away last week, having only got a bit soggy on the first day and otherwise had a very tolerable -15. (I had a balaclava with me, but there was no cause to wear it.)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wisely decided to go with a single layer today and was cold five minutes after leaving the apt.... at lunch i got told i was blue.. two of my lot had frost nip v v v v v cold but ripping good hero snow in places Toofy Grin
snow report
Quote:

otherwise had a very tolerable -15. (I had a balaclava with me, but there was no cause to wear it.

You're a very tough lady. I wore mine, under my cycle helmet, to do an 8 mile round of shopping and Christmas card delivering today. At a guess, the temperature was about plus 4.

I hope it gets a bit warmer for you. Minus 20 is horrible. I know these folk say they ski with a couple of light layers in Canada down to minus 30, but I think they're either mad or lying.
snow conditions
pam w, but I was wearing 5 layers on my upper body and three layers on my lower body (as well as a helmet, and a neck warmer pulled up high)!
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

otherwise had a very tolerable -15. (I had a balaclava with me, but there was no cause to wear it.

You're a very tough lady. I wore mine, under my cycle helmet, to do an 8 mile round of shopping and Christmas card delivering today. At a guess, the temperature was about plus 4.

I hope it gets a bit warmer for you. Minus 20 is horrible. I know these folk say they ski with a couple of light layers in Canada down to minus 30, but I think they're either mad or lying.

I was in killingon 3 years ago on mid January. First off we went to niagara falls and the temp was -43c, it was horrible. When we got to killington a few days later it had warmed up to -36c. We had to buy face masks to ski with or we would have suffered frostbite.
snow report
Apart from my eyes and the loss of confidence from not being able to see clearly it was ok. Plus Mounta1goat and I had -32 and 60k winds before in VT and it was still doable. NB it was not on a lesson but skiing free on a red.
snow conditions
anarchicsaltire, good news is that the video camera was working okay and we will be able to do review.... other than a bit of judder from a frozen hand trying to hold the camera it came out fine.

hearing 30 cm of snow for friday so a bit of fun in the deep stuff may be had Very Happy Very Happy i havent taken any photos so remind me to get a team shot at some point !
snow report
Crikey! Hope you're a bit warmer today! Skullie
latest report
Quote:

remind me to get a team shot at some point !

yes, team shots please, and face shots, and any other kinds of shots. Have fun - hope you get loads of powder.
snow conditions
snow report
snow report
snow report
Looks like it's still freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing but what great snow! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy