Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

InsideOut Skiing - Meribel December

Poster: A snowHead
kosciosco, yeah I'm looking at the options. depends on the cost difference... The business pays for my fuel so driving isn't a problem.

I've just booked with the chalet by the way!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Eurotunnel then.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kosciosco wrote:
aldoyle, Four of us flying out of Luton to Geneva, land at 16:25 and then our flight leaves Geneva at 16:05 on the following Sunday

Snap, I am on the same flight.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
noggy, there's driving... and then there's DRIVING Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I'm looking forward to Rob and Scott putting me through my paces wink

Timberwolf, we will be running two groups this trip, both in the mornings so probably just gonna be me getting you to amp it up Toofy Grin havent done any lesson planning yet but hoping to do more piste performance during this clinic, hopefully the weather will cooperate and we wont have all that pesky fresh deep snow like last year wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret, So do I bring the piste or the mid-fats?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
anarchicsaltire, ooh, get you!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle, You've made me go all of a quiver Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
anarchicsaltire, depends what you have most fun on, it might be a bit early days for offpiste skiing but there has been a reasonable amount of snow already... We will hopefully be doing lots of edging stuff and bigger radius turns. depends a bit on what the group is up for but i currently have 8 in my group and fairly similar abilities so should be able to be somewhat flexible. If my knees are up to it we may find (or make) some bumps though Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
anarchicsaltire wrote:
Hurtle, You've made me go all of a quiver Toofy Grin
Laughing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kosciosco wrote:
aldoyle, Four of us flying out of Luton to Geneva, land at 16:25 and then our flight leaves Geneva at 16:05 on the following Sunday

I'm on that flight too Smile Flying back to Birmingham though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PS - looking forward to meeting all of you Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret wrote:
.............If my knees are up to it we may find (or make) some bumps though Toofy Grin

I know that admitting I don't like something might be an open invitiation to you skimottaret, but NO BUMPS PLEASE wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timberwolf, I see conflict already Toofy Grin , I don't like steep bumps but for that very reason I will probably be seeking them out Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
oh the possiblities are endless ... Laughing actually bumps are for chumps and they arent my favourite either!

Me and Rob will be popping by your chalet and we can chat through what everyone is after for the week and plan accordingly.. I wont be evil as it is a holiday and not a fridge but perhaps we can do a bit of stuff to address the things you dont like.... wink
latest report
anarchicsaltire, The client is always right ........non ?

*ducks for cover* wink
ski holidays
Timberwolf,

skimottaret wrote:
actually bumps are for chumps

Shocked I want my money back wink
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
perhaps we can do a bit of stuff to address the things you dont like.... wink

I don't like rope lifts, but am happy not to address the issue.
snow conditions
anarchicsaltire, Bumps are evil knee killers and are to be avoided at all costs, especially in Dec when they are rock hard but if you really want a week of bumps training it can be arranged snowHead
ski holidays
anarchicsaltire, snap i will be avoiding ropes and pomas trust me!! comfy 6 man chairs will be the order of the day...
snow conditions
skimottaret,
Quote:

Bumps are evil knee killers

I agree, it was the reference to being a 'chump' that I was objecting to Toofy Grin

EDIT: The truth hurts!
snow report
15cm of snow overnight....
latest report
anarchicsaltire, anyone that WANTs to ski bumps is a chump
snow report
I'm a chump Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Timberwolf wrote:
skimottaret wrote:
.............If my knees are up to it we may find (or make) some bumps though Toofy Grin

I know that admitting I don't like something might be an open invitiation to you skimottaret, but NO BUMPS PLEASE wink

I'm quite happy with bumps, but my technique will need improving to cope with them properly!
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
anarchicsaltire, Bumps are evil knee killers and are to be avoided at all costs, especially in Dec when they are rock hard but if you really want a week of bumps training it can be arranged snowHead

On second thoughts, my knees are only just recovered from March!
latest report
evening all, yep I'm on this trip too - will be a v late arrival from Bristol so keep a bit of the booze back...by looks of it today the piste is now officially off-piste - shedloads of snow out there and more en-route... snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Looks like you're all going to have a great time - I'm very jealous! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DoubleBombardino, be good to meet you!

cathy, it's a shame you can't be with us. But fear not, we've just added a trip to the Dolomites at the end of March if you're really keen for more alpine coaching with us this season Happy
ski holidays
Be great to meet you DoubleBombardino, but

DoubleBombardino wrote:
............keep a bit of the booze back...

Law of the jungle, no way dude Shocked wink
ski holidays
rob@rar, end of March?? But that's Scotland weekend! Scotland or the Dolomites......hmmmmm....tricky choice wink

(What are the dates in March?)
latest report
cathy, 27 March-3 April.
snow report
Timberwolf wrote:
Law of the jungle, no way dude Shocked wink

Is that a bit like "no friends on a powder day"? wink
snow report
The way i ski powder mate, no-one is ever my friend...i can't do those neat powder 8's, I just end up trashing the whole field Sad
snow conditions
Timberwolf, Laughing
latest report
Have you guys seen the snow reports ? Looks like we're in for a great week. Maybe we'll have to scrap all of those on piste drills and play in the soft, fluffy stuff? Laughing
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
... fear not, we've just added a trip to the Dolomites at the end of March if you're really keen for more alpine coaching with us this season Happy

Is that instead of or as well as the Sölden one? Might be tempted.

Hope everyone has fun on the Meribel trip. Had wanted to get on a session before s7BB, but no holiday left Sad
ski holidays
Timberwolf wrote:
Have you guys seen the snow reports ? Looks like we're in for a great week. Maybe we'll have to scrap all of those on piste drills and play in the soft, fluffy stuff? Laughing

Very Happy
snow conditions
andy wrote:
Is that instead of or as well as the Sölden one? Might be tempted.

Hope everyone has fun on the Meribel trip. Had wanted to get on a session before s7BB, but no holiday left Sad

Instead of. We've brought the dates forward one week, so the Dolomites trip will be on 27 March-3 April (Solden was due to be 2-9 April).

Shame you don't have enough holidays for the Meribel trip, would have been good to ski together again.
latest report
You guys need to be careful rob@rar. People will assume that all of Inside Out's alpine weeks come with stunning conditions as standard wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy