Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

InsideOut Skiing - Meribel December

Poster: A snowHead
Too much snow?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not too deep - just not steep enough. wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, indeed, that was Scott's group on the gentle run out from a blue piste. It was knee deep and occasionally deeper on the upper slopes. Tomorrow the sun will shine and it will be awesome for our last day Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
anarchicsaltire, Are you happy with your choice of skis after today?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wednesday was interesting, we went for a ski on our own, all was well till going down the blue into the.restaurant above la tania when one of the party was hit from behind by an out of control skier hard enough the break the binding off of both skis and breaking one of the binding in half. Amazingly despite the bruises he was on rentals today skiing through deep powder with a big grin on his face.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
anarchicsaltire, Shocked That sounds like it could have been really bad. (I got catapulted off the piste by a Spanish snowboarder last week, but only got a bruised arm and bent sunnies. It was funny, actually, because I took a header into the soft snow, leaving my skis very neatly parked side by side on the piste! I deeply regretted my lack of Spanish swearwords though. Twisted Evil)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spotted this poser wink playing up to the cameras the day after the powder......

Scott InsideOut from Paul Gough
http://vimeo.com/18021598

edit: I give up!, only the link below the embeded vid works!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 20-12-10 22:39; edited 5 times in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
anarchicsaltire, Laughing Laughing How was your week, apart from being cold!? And did you manage to fly back OK??
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi cathy, Was one of the lucky ones flew back to Luton with no problems other than long queues for easyjet check-in. Worst thing was having to drag the ski bag half a mile uphill because the taxi drivers would not go up side roads because of the snow and ice!

Week was awful, too much snow, too much good food, too much alcohol, too many nice people to ski with, too much instruction, would never do it again wink . When's the next one Toofy Grin

rob@rar, how did you embed your video!!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
anarchicsaltire wrote:
rob@rar, how did you embed your video!!!!

I have no idea. It just happened.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Spotted this poser wink playing up to the cameras the day after the powder......

sneaky video is only supposed to be taken by me !! cracking snow wasn't it Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
anarchicsaltire wrote:
Week was awful, too much snow, too much good food, too much alcohol, too many nice people to ski with, too much instruction, would never do it again wink .

Sounds like the normal awful InsideOut week Madeye-Smiley
Quote:
When's the next one Toofy Grin

Laughing Glad you had a great time and you got back OK! That's Luton for you wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Guy's. I have loads of photo's to share but the camera is still in my suitcase which is probably still on a Easyjet flight some where. 152 people on the flight and only my luggage doesn't show up. Proper school boy error is my car keys are in the case! Anyways fantastic week great place to stay great skiing and weather although V cold some times oh and the company was pretty good also (and the wine). The German guy who hit me has sent all the details to the insurance company so fingers crossed. Once the case turns up photo's will be uploaded

Simon
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Simon380, German guy who hit you?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder, skied in to him. I didn't see it, but it sounded scary. It didn't knock him out of his binding, it ripped both bindings off his skis!
snow report
rob@rar, Shocked What was he doing, speed skiing Puzzled
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
rob@rar, Shocked What was he doing, speed skiing Puzzled

Not far off it by the sound of things.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder, skied in to him. I didn't see it, but it sounded scary. It didn't knock him out of his binding, it ripped both bindings off his skis!
OMG! Shocked Shocked I presume he was OK. Thank God.
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
OMG! Shocked Shocked I presume he was OK. Thank God.

Yes, but a bit bruised and shocked. Amazing really. Both bindings were completely smashed, with the screws still left in the skis. He visited the hire shop and skied the next day! Top marks!
ski holidays
Simon380, Glad you made it back OK!

Simon's NEW Skis........

ski holidays
anarchicsaltire, holy smoke, he certainly was lucky not to be hurt. Shocked
snow conditions
Maybe it was good that the bindings gave - and that they took the impact rather than his leg. Shocked
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Maybe it was good that the bindings gave - and that they took the impact rather than his leg. Shocked

It was ok, his head broke his fall!
latest report
i heard that a helmet got broke as well.... the bruises were very very scary an inch higher or lower and it would have been nasty...
snow report
This is Simon380 (blue pants) two days later...... followed by Timberwolf and aldoyle

Meribel Final Run Dec 2010 from Paul Gough
http://vimeo.com/18060675
ski holidays
Hi Paul. Ive got my camera back next thing how do i attach photo's on here? Can you message me your phone number
Thanks.

Simon
ski holidays
Simon380, PM sent
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
.........my lack of Spanish swearwords though. Twisted Evil)

I thought most of them were international Toofy Grin

Glad your ok too!

Now if only my knee would stop hurting Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
K2 bindings suck big time
ski holidays
skimottaret, I think he's planning on getting something different next time.
latest report
There was me about to get some K2 Rictors... Are they the MX 12 binding?
ski holidays
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I'm back online after a Internet provider imposed blackout Twisted Evil Apologies for what must have appeared to be a rather rude period of ignoring posts about what was an amazing week of skiing with some amazing ski buddies. Thanks to all, including the InsideOut team, and all of the staff at Ski Hame. Right, I've got some 4000 odd posts to catch up on wink
ski holidays
Timberwolf, glad you're back. I was beginning to think you'd failed to get home with all the travel problems and was still in Meribel skiing!
latest report
rob@rar, if only........ As well as the extra days skiing in Meribel, I did have a, rather less pleasant, bonus 24 hours in Geneva, but at least the bar bill went to Swiss for that one wink
ski holidays
Timberwolf, excellent, on both counts!
snow report
just jogged my memory in that we have put up a few photos on our blog, if anyone has any good photos please email em across merci!
ski holidays
Hi all. Welcome back Timberwolf. Any one fancy a trip somewhere 5th-6th Feb for a week?
latest report
Timberwolf wrote:
Apologies for what must have appeared to be a rather rude period of ignoring posts

It's ok we got the message Madeye-Smiley Welcome back!

simon380 Have you considered the birthday bash? Got any new skis yet?
latest report
Didn't know about it where can I find the details? No new ski's yet K2 have taken them so fingers crossed they will replace
snow report
anarchicsaltire, oooerr, my skis use the same system, hope this is just a one off defect Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy