Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs to add 3km toboggan run

Poster: A snowHead
According to this report Les Arcs is planning to add a toboggan run, starting at the top of the TransArc gondola, heading down the Arc 2000 valley to the bottom of the Arcabulle chairlift. The resort hopes that it will be complete for this coming winter, but it might not be ready in time.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, Oh god, with 3 kids I'll need to re-mortgage to cover the cost of goes on this. Of course to ensure the safety of my kids I might have to have a go myself Embarassed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bit of a short Run, Wengen has several all covered by the lift pass and all longer than 3km
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
D G Orf, yes, it is a bit short. So it's a good thing that Les Arcs has twice as much piste skiing as Wengen to make up for its diminutive toboggan run.

wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It makes me laugh when people get all proprietorial about 'their' resorts! Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, Embarassed

I try not to be (not least because these days I ski in other resorts more than I ski in Les Arcs), but on this occasion I failed miserably.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, it's OK, I think it's very endearing. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go rob@rar, Go rob@rar wink Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The only proper toboggan run in France is in La Plagne of course snowHead (Which is linked to Les Arcs wink )
http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter-holidays/bobsleigh.html
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing, Proper run, shoite location, though excellent restaurant and red run nearby.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
where abouts is the la plagne bob sleigh..... do you ki to it, have a go and ski off or is it something you do at night ?

I'm off to La Plagne in jan - although i've been before - i didn't know about this rolling eyes

I'm staying in 1800.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Libertine, Its an olympic length bobsleigh so it's huge! There is a bus to it and organised events such as the Taxi bob so punters can go down it. To arrange a run go to the tourist office in 1800. Build up your neck muscles before you go! Details in this link. http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter-holidays/bobsleigh/taxi-bob--sitraact486019--taxi-bob.html
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have always fancied trying out skiing down a bobsleigh run like in the Bond movie!!!! I think that was John Eaves. Think Iam getting a bit old for this tho!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Excellent - will have a go on that next season if built
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi folks, if you go to the Les Arcs thread in the snow reports section you can read all the latest news about developments for next season that I have just posted.
snow conditions
Libertine wrote:
where abouts is the la plagne bob sleigh.....
it's about half way up the hill as you climb up to LP from the valley floor. Nowhere near any of the ski-in / ski-out bits of LP. As Boredsurfing said, TOs and the local tourist offices organise bus trips down to it - - usually in the early evenings.
snow report
Dubaian, Boredsurfing, thanks. it doesn't say how much it is to have a go... any rough ideas?
ski holidays
I wonder why it is age restricted. Parental supervision reqd. I can see, but an Age 12 limit rules it out for my pair, both of whom are veterans of the very good mountain tobaggan run that they have often used in Switzerland on toboggans shared with an adult.

Libertine, In Switzerland we hire the sledges by the half or full day (about £8 for a half day) and our existing lift passes serve to get us up on the chair as often as we like in that time.
ski holidays
Libertine, Lots! wink
They tend not to publish prices on the internet, I'm there in a couple of weeks time I'll ride the bike over and see what I can find for you. (It's a nice level route from Monrtalbert across to the top of the Bob, It's a cross country ski track in winter. Very Happy )

Megamum this isn't a Tobbogon run it is The French Olympic Bobsleigh piste. My BiL went down it a couple of years ago and it took his neck muscles a couple of days to return to normal, ifirc each bend pulls between 2-4 G Shocked
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Thanks, look forward to hearing from you. Cant be more than €50 p/p... can it ?
ski holidays
Libertine, from memory the Bob Raft was about £30 p.p.p.run - but that was several years ago. So it could be more than €50 now. Bit of a sellers market - where else can you descend an Olympic run in perfect safety? Even if the bob-raft does look like a padded bath tub Laughing Laughing

The taxi bob - with a driver - goes considerably faster - and costs even more .... rolling eyes

EDIT - the rates are in the website. See here
http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter-holidays/bobsleigh/particulars-rates.html

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 7-07-10 12:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I'm sure I recall it was over 70 euros pp when I looked into it

Yes, the rates are there, although the awful translation job (they obviously got a french person to translate into English) means they're not immediately obvious as they appear as "particulars rates"

http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter-holidays/bobsleigh/particulars-rates.html

Bob raft (unguided) is 38 euros, or 112 for 2 adults and 2 kids in a bob to yourselves

103 euros for a "mono-bob" to yoursefl

108 euros for a place in a bob with a driver - which I believe goes significantly faster than the bob-raft
snow conditions
nbt, beat me to it.
ski holidays
nbt, Dubaian, Thanks... fairly pricey but like you say, not something you get to do often and are likely to (want to) do again !! ......

I think i'll give it a go Cool
snow report
Boredsurfing, Ah, that explanation I can accept, that wasn't evident in the thread, and I can't read the French on the website - cheers for the info.
snow conditions
Found this pic of my BiL in the taxi Bob He is in the back.
snow report
Libertine, Found this video of the Bob run
http://www.la-plagne.com/laplagnetv/videotv/bobsleigh-440.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy