Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New way to train for the Eurotest?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We think this is the way to go when it comes to training for your Euro Test wink Candidates chasing openers, what do you think?
"The sun never sets on awesome" from Jon Olsson Video Blog
http://vimeo.com/12639250 Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That is the most exciting idea in stick chasing I've seen - the follow cam would be spectacular at WC.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I took a look just out of interest. The perspective on the skiers from someone clearly just in front of them was very interesting. What immediately jumped out and the reason for me posting was how still their upper body was in relation to what their legs were doing. One of the first sequences looking back at the guy in white showed his body hardly even moving from the centre of the screen. It really clearly demonstrated that upper lower body separation that I am still trying to achieve.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've done that a few times with Emma Carrick Anderson, with Emma running 1st, then a decent Eurotest candidate 2nd and me running 3rd. Immediate feedback on every gate as the gap between the skiers either stays the same or grows. Bit scary the first couple of times, but great fun.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum wrote:
It really clearly demonstrated that upper lower body separation that I am still trying to achieve.
It's a key skill to develop, and there are lots of drills that you can do to focus on keeping upper body stable. We ran through a sequence of separation drills today at our intro to gates clinic at Hemel - lots of fun but by the end of the day a couple of snowHeads looked like those marathon tennis players at the end of their match Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yum Olsson. There needs to be a drooling smiley. NehNeh Close?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All our Irish race squad have been watching this for the last two weeks, Great video
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CSki wrote:
Yum Olsson. There needs to be a drooling smiley. NehNeh Close?
Close? Nope, but it does look like you're trying to lick him.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Little Angel
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CSki, I'm shocked! Put those thoughts away from your mind.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, I was surprised at how 'complete' the movement was. Errr.....that might not make sense - the movement appeared to be a complete commitment from the hips down and it seemed to flow across completly under the torse with the appropriate knee extending at the outside edge and then the knees contracting to carry the legs under the body where I guess the change of edge was occurring. It def. seemed to be a side to side action of the hips that completely involved the hips. I now know that its not what I'm doing, but having sussed what it should look like is half the battle to getting it right I think. It seems to be more a hip wiggle than anything else. Please correct me if I've not seen it right.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, that;s about right, although the hips are pretty stable and the legs are working hard underneath them. Lots of lateral movement to create big edge angles.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum, as I understand it, there are two methods to get the weight from one side to the other, cross under or cross over. Yummy Jon is demostrating cross under, where the movement comes from beneath. It's quicker as the forces built up in a SL/GS turn are less. It would be difficult to do this in a longer radius turn, hence more of a cross over movement that you're probably used to.

rob@rar, feel free to slaughter that explanation and send me to to Yummy Jon for extra lessons. Razz
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

It would be difficult to do this in a longer radius turn, hence more of a cross over movement that you're probably used to.

Useful info, so its a technique that is perfect for some situations, but others might need a different approach.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy