Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Powder Leashes R.I.P. - ski loc8tor to the rescue.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
.... (maybe) if you use one of these. (Apolgies if this has already been posted)

Has a directional finder with quoted range of 122m - uses RFID 2.45GHz ISM frequency band so won't interfere with 457kHz transceiver.
Comes with 2 tags (not waterproof, but surely could find some way of mounting them :maybe in clear shrink wrap sealed with silicone mastic)
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=223357

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 27-06-10 13:07; edited 4 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its the new Avalanche Bacon - will finally put those noble cord manufacturers out of business - simply strap tags to your self and all your buddies. Giving off piste skiing back to the working man. wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just spotted you can get splash-proof tag housings on eBay too....

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 27-06-10 9:37; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geoffers, interesting, and reasonably priced. Blurb reckons it has a 25mm accuracy. Be interested to see some real world tests.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar
Quote:
Be interested to see some real world tests.

The loc8tor certainly does work, with directional led-s - one of my mates landed his RC glider in deep-bracken on the slope, and we'd certainly have spent an hour or so searching rather than flying
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've now found a good "lost model" review here.... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=907418

and here for some more tecchie mods http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=934229

Tag is "always on" & gets activated when you start searching - seems like the tag also beeps at you when you start the search Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy