Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ever learner

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from holiday and on the Saturday my 9yr old who was on his 4th week didnt fancy the black off the top of the Fourclaz chair in La Ros/ La Thuile as it was icy in places, so him and his 8 yr old mate (was 8 whilst on holiday) did the run off piste to the side. His little mate was on his 6th day on skies and is as controlled skier as you will see. Sounds dangerous I know, but wasnt. they had shown their abilities previously and followed (at a distance) a very competant adult (rules me out). There was not a run in the whole of the Espace San Bernardo that this kid would have even blinked at. Fantastic!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Makes you sick doesn't it! I'm so jealous - why oh why oh why did nobody take me skiing when I was little, it's just not fair!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Young children always do better, due to the "no fear" ability that they loose later in life, I know I was a better skier aged 10 or 11 than I am now 25 years later Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
On my first day skiing on snow, aged 11, three of us went down a black run after our lesson had finished. It had a sign across the top saying that it was only for experienced skiers due to being in poor condition. At the time it just didn't occur to us that it could be dangerous. Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tell me about cocky kids !! My youngest just turned 7 after 4 weeks skiing now leaves his poor old Dad for dead on the slopes no matter how hard I try to catch up. Not only that but last week on the Bergerie (a red slope at PSV) he passed me going backwards !! His sister (9) not to be outdone then decide to get in on the act as well. Both thought it was extremely funny and volunteered to be mum and dads ski instructors for the rest of the week ! Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wheely, I Remember when my kids on there second day, lessons had finished and we met them on the slopes and were going to ski down to a lift.
The younger who was 6 started off skiing backwards down the hill.
I told him to turn round and ski properly.
He said that he wanted to ski backwards.
I said it was dangerous as he may run into someone.
He bent over and looked between his legs at about 15mph, looked at me an said "no one there".
I really wish that he had fallen over before he got the 400 yrds to the lift, but he didnt.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On my first black run, my daughter (then 8 or 9) skied it backwards in front of me. Cocky little so-and-sos aren't they?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shame on you, your kids weigh half your weight. If you can't beat them down a blue/red . . .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NickW, Straight down I win no problem, but anything steep or after 2.30 in the afternon then I am history. Intruduce jumps and tricks.............lets not even go there. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Simple Solution - Leave your kids at home snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee, I would then be facing the final solution. Actually, next week they're flying home mid-week for school while I stay on for a few more days. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nadenoodlee, Would you be interested in looking sfter them?. I must warn you that they are very boisterous for 9 & 10 yr olds, and fight constantly.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Simple Solution - Leave your kids at home snowHead

or don't have any in the first place (bit late now, requires planning wink ) Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, Im an ex nanny - 2 kids is a piece of cake!

pingu, im not having them til they grow in a bag, ive seen what they do to your body - its like some terrible withering disease!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee, Laughing Laughing Will they be on sale at garden centres.
ski holidays
Russell, well that's workable, but a deliver to door service would be better, especially if they can specify a slot, say 10-12 on a saturday - that would be ideal
ski holidays
Ah the wonderous joy of signing for your first born.

C'mon Nadenoodlee, show a bit of metal. The reason men are so crap at dealing with illness is because we have never experienced the ultimate pain........childbirth.
snow conditions
It's surely only a matter of time. I'm going to specify well-behaved, future multi-millionaires.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, pah! I dont like pain, and I dont like being all sweaty and bloody and nasty ewww and theres no well on GOD EARTH im having a kid ruin these boobs
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, Mrs Frosty and i both agree that breastfeeding both of ours made no long term differance to her . Having said that in the short term they were simply magnificent Very Happy snowHead
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, My cousin had great boobs until she had 2 kids, now theyre crap, and ive seen extreme makover - I know what those little ba$tards do to you -- Im simply not taking the risk. Hence I shall forever be Auntie Nade
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, Ah thats the problem. Mrs Frostys were unimpressive to start with. Please, no one take umbrage with this statement as Mrs F is the first to acknowledge,and be happy with, the situation. Even I am now reconsidering my participation in this thread.
ski holidays
My three (now aged 19,16 and 14) managed to persuade me to try a half-pipe this holiday. They zipped down it doing grabs at the turns. I have to admit that I "chickened" and turned at the lip - I was not going to go airborne!

What I don't understand is: How come if I taught them all they know, they are now better than me?
snow conditions
Someone else taught them all they know too?
latest report
Yeah but no but yeah but no but they were mainly nasty French people from the ESF who were supposed to have taught me too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy