Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The best mountain restaurant in the Alps?

Poster: A snowHead
Find it quite amusing that @edna.m clearly necromanced a tired old thread to punt her rather unimpressive article and here everyone is chipping in as though the thread was brand new ... wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Find it quite amusing that @edna.m clearly necromanced a tired old thread to punt her rather unimpressive article and here everyone is chipping in as though the thread was brand new ... wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, considering everyone needs lunch, I'm surprised this thread ever stopped. What else is skiing about, if not a means of traveling to lunch in the morning, then traveling to apres in the afternoon?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dr John, good point, well made.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dr John, lots of.people like lunch, but lunch is hardly essential.
As Guru Gecko said.long ago: lunch is for wimps.
And lunchtime is the best skiing time with no lift queues and empty pistes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jonpim, I Imagine you and your mates in the bar at 4pm, weak with hunger (that's if you already haven't injured yourselves because of fatigue) comparing skitracks app stats and crossing off black runs on the piste map.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jonpim, With you on this one. We stop about 11 and carry on through untill 1.30/2 and have lunch.

That way people aren't dead on ther feet at 5pm.

Oh and...

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not quite Dr John. I'm an oldie. Dont understand these App thingies.
And not hungry. Decent breakfast (porridge recommended), elevensies, sarnie on the lift, and pockets full of cereal bars and chocolate. Even the odd nip of Rusty Nail.
But you are correct about in the bar at 4pm. Best time. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@homers double,
Quote:

We stop about 11 and carry on through untill 1.30/2 and have lunch.

That way people aren't dead on ther feet at 5pm.
+1 My preferred timetable is a very quick coffee/loo stop at 11ish, proper lunch for an hour at 1.30ish, ski till last lift, one quick drink on way back to accommodation. Can't cope with extended après before dinner. Embarassed
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sankt Johann is a great place if you like your mountain restaurants. There are 18 for just 60km of pistes!
We have always enjoyed the Angerer Alm just above the gondola mid station at St Johann in Tirol. Waiter service, great Grostl. It is featured in this month's Good Food magazine.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

+1 My preferred timetable is a very quick coffee/loo stop at 11ish, proper lunch for an hour at 1.30ish, ski till last lift, one quick drink on way back to accommodation. Can't cope with extended après before dinner.

I agree - perfect balance. At this point in life lunch should either be table service or a sandwich out of a rucsac on a ski tour Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Findlerhof (Franz & Heidi) in Findeln, Zermatt - the best mountain food in Europe (in my opinion).
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:

Thread bumps happen all the time, and in this case maybe people have different recommendations or new restaurants have opened.

Who cares if it's old? (and yes I did notice) Everyone still has to eat.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Enjoyed La Paika in Morzine/Les Gets when you can get a table for lunch.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NJ wrote:
Enjoyed La Paika in Morzine/Les Gets when you can get a table for lunch.

Best soup and BBQ chicken I have ever had. The soup went on for ever. Luckily for me it was just the one run home.
latest report
I forgot about the quite wonderful, if at the pricey and of HOW F'KIN MUCH?, La Soucoupe above Courchevel,
ski holidays
Refuge de La Femma without a doubt:

latest report
Dr John wrote:
Hospitz Alm has been resting on it's laurels for 2 or 3 years now, distinctly unimpressed with standard fodder last visit. Wine still stunning though, obv.

I would also agree. Had heard lots about Hospitz Alm, but when we went, it was kinda meh. Didn't live up to the hype for us.

We really loved Chez Vrony the two times we've eaten their. First time was Christmas Eve for a late lunch. Was just magical. Great ambiance and service.

Had a snack at Zum See, which was also nice.

It's sad that the North American ski areas fall way short in this regard.
snow report
@Toadman, at least they know what cheese is not like that mouldy muck 4 posts up.
snow report
Quote:

@Toadman, at least they know what cheese is not like that mouldy muck 4 posts up.

rolling eyes
And they have proper bread unlike that French muck? Very Happy
latest report
@Norrin Radd, Philistine!! Shocked snowHead snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy