Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whatever happend to the Ski for free thread

Poster: A snowHead
[quote="brian"]Don't know why he's so coy about it but I'm sure that he has let slip before that it's Meiringen/Hasliberg.

/quote]

It's only natural it would require a bit of detective work.

Anyway nixmap is a very naughty boy for his soon to be remodded sig wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, It says clearly in this thread that it is 'shitty Meiringen'

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194938

PS. Why is this still appearing in The Piste?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, very poor literary pun ^^

I could have done "Trust Nixmap to whip up a controversy (with eggs and sugar)" so count yourself lucky.
snow report
 brian
brian
fatbob, can we put him (Reichen)bach in his box now then?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can take your pick about which thread you want, and if you look hard enough on the TGR thread(s) there are some genuine feedback comments, even video links. Î guess you can ask for yourselves if you really care.

I suspect? the reason that there is no feedback is thats a small number of you (about three or four) are pretty hostile to the thread and sometimes the poster. I said the same last year and its still true.

Thats ok by me, I just consider it part of the entertainment, but others may not be so thick skinned.

Most of the people who apply never make a single post on the thread.

If I were a mod who really cared about his site, I would be worried that a small number of users seem to be spoiling the site for others just becuase they happen to have been around a long time and think that make their opionion more worthy than others.

Granted its Admins site, and so be it, but its also the community that makes it work, and based on an actual count of users (not number of posts from the same three or four). I think the Free Nixmap vote has it by a country mile.

Still no reply from admin.

Nick.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
It's a part time job for which you get "paid" with accommodation. All the rest - travel, lift pass, food, drink, equipment etc etc etc you get to pay for.

Slowly but surely Pam I can see Im winning you round, last year you were trying to convince everyone it was a full time Job.

Ski for free was not the Original Statement.

Ski for Free? was the original Question, although I can see that could be miscontrued. Sorry Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nixmap C'mon you're better and wittier then a bit of general whinging. Try searching for the want to help Chemmy Alcott thread if you want to see admin's mysterious ways & the militant bored/conspiracy/oppression of free speech responses.

& for the record I'm not sure people start spamming forums if they are thin skinned. I think the innocent casualty to moderately irked chancer ratio stays pretty low unless I'm missing mods wholesale sending abusive pms to people who want to ask genuine questions or share stoke. No-one will ever agree about moderation, its human nature.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob wrote:
nixmap C'mon you're better and wittier then a bit of general whinging. Try searching for the want to help Chemmy Alcott thread if you want to see admin's mysterious ways & the militant bored/conspiracy/oppression of free speech responses.

& for the record I'm not sure people start spamming forums if they are thin skinned. I think the innocent casualty to moderately irked chancer ratio stays pretty low unless I'm missing mods wholesale sending abusive pms to people who want to ask genuine questions or share stoke. No-one will ever agree about moderation, its human nature.

OK I didnt get the point across. I dont care one bit about the abuse. Some would say I even invite it.

People are asking why there is no genuine feedback, from previous years.
Actually there is some feed back if you look, I think there would be more, if the environment were more friendly.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TGR is always good value. I think it was Richmond that once said, paraphrasing, 'they seem to have one brain cell they share between them but occasionally someone drops it'.

Dish pig - inspired !

On a slightly smaller hill ie. as compared to US. So it must be a pretty small place in Europe to be comparable . . .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

can we put him (Reichen)bach in his box now then?

Laughing or keep on Meiringhim in controversy?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pamski wrote:
Can someone explain to me whether all those people who have links to their websites of their chalets, apartments, and all sorts of other services are those that are classed as advertisers and are paying Admin for being allowed to 'advertise'.

'Cause he's not in the gang.

There are obviously quite of few people on here who actually benefit directly in cash renumeration, because their faces fit. Often excused away by them being a "benefit" to the sH community. So that's ok then, if it didn't smack so much of double standards.

Call it mates rates, or whatever.

The fact that it's always seemed to me that he (Nixmap) always seems to be poking the bear with a stick, just doesn't help his case. Funny though.

Gonna get me a popcorn maker.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
BCjohnny,

1. Rubbish, anyone can have a 1 liner in their sig, it's always been that way.
2. It's remuneration.

I would remove my sig if it weren't for the fact I'd look like I was jumping rayscoop's bandwagon. wink I don't think we've ever had a snowHead staying anyway. The only booking we ever had from England left a whiny comment because some of our furniture is from IKEA. rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
brian.

Sorry about the spelling mistake. It's often not only an indication that the writer may be uneducated (definitely the case here), but also the first sign that you've ruffled the correctors feathers. Or they're just a pedant.

No problem with sig, I'm referring to direct links to accommodation, services and the like. I have no problem with that either, just the "all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others" way it's applied.

So how about your views on that last statement................?

Off to do some collar now, will pick up later.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

last year you were trying to convince everyone it was a full time Job

wrong again, nixmap. I have, as I said before, no particular objection to the overall purpose of your thread. But I do object to your shifty, evasive and dishonest style of argument. Of which the post quoted is a prime example.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BCjohnny,
Quote:

There are obviously quite of few people on here who actually benefit directly in cash renumeration, because their faces fit.
I ask again - rayscoops didn't answer the same question which I posed, either here or on one of the other threads - how is this 'obvious'? How do you know who actually pays what to snowHeads, and what for? Are you privy to the deals done with admin? I recently heard of a snowHead who was making quite substantial payments and that case alone didn't seem to me to be at all 'obvious.'
snow report
 brian
brian
BCjohnny, just pedantic. I was offering myself as an example of someone who's not "in the gang", never been to a bash/bbq/whatever, don't pay anything to be here but have never had any objections to my 1 line sig. Afaik nobody else with a 1 line sig has ever had it pulled either?
latest report
Quote:

The fact that it's always seemed to me that he (Nixmap) always seems to be poking the bear with a stick, just doesn't help his case. Funny though.

I think we (the SH massif) take the thread far more seriously than Nixmap Laughing
snow conditions
Hurtle(megasnowhead), no offence meant but to be honest I try not reply to anything from you, life is too short Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, but no one can click on your sig, there is no link etc., great shame and that is your commercial 'achilles' heel perhaps, but like you I have never had a sniff of a few sheckles from any contact with snowHeads. It is just a bit of fun and it is nice to see what people are doing etc., but the fun seems to be sucked out of things at the moment.
latest report
rayscoops, Fishing up to your usual standard I see... Toofy Grin wink
snow report
stoatsbrother, I fully declared myself on page 1 wink (edit - of one of these god foresaken related threads)

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 25-06-10 10:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Quote:

just pedantic

I'm just pedantic too, in that I have no commercial interest in anything snowheads related (or anything else, for that matter), or in nixmap's unmissable job offer. But if snowheads is to have plenty of informative and lively argument and information (which is surely its main point) then posters who make claims - or accusations - need to respond to counter-arguments with evidence and reason. If they choose to resort to arsy evasion, they shouldn't feel too aggrieved to be pedanticked.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
pedanticked.

I'd go for pedantacised. wink
snow report
rayscoops, The dot in Brian's sig is not as innocent as it looks. On the question posed by Nixmap I would say it is time for him to face up to having to pay to advertise.
ski holidays
beequin, crafty blighter Laughing
ski holidays
rayscoops,
Quote:

the fun seems to be sucked out of things at the moment.
Indeed, sanctimony very much in the air at the moment, all over the forum.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle, just for you, non paying commercial adverts for which I doubt any mega/super contributions was made wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63740
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63971
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63087
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=62941
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=61425
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=62700
ski holidays
I could be wrong, but I suspect that the 'Onebelowzero' sale thread has not contributed to the coffers either.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Voice of Reason, was that started by anyone from OneBelowZero?
snow report
rayscoops, I agree with your suspicion, but I was thinking more of the sort of snowHead who people suspect doesn't pay because 'his face fits.'
The Voice of Reason, blimey, are you suggesting we shouldn't draw people's attention to bargains that we happen to see? Or, worse, that Spyderman is getting a kick-back?Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
I am not suggesting anything of the sort.....that would be verging on the libelous, surely?
ski holidays
The Voice of Reason wrote:
I am not suggesting anything of the sort.....that would be verging on the libelous, surely?
OK, but you are implying that a payment should be made, so how exactly should that payment be extracted?
ski holidays
Maybe they could donate something to the kitty for future fundraising efforts - a nice raffle prize, for example?
latest report
The Voice of Reason, because one of their customers happens to recommend them on an internet forum? Come on. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Hurtle, I think the point is that nixmap was singled out when others have not been, admittedly which seems more to do with his face perhaps not fitting and the heavy handed responses from 'established snowheads' rather than others being positively favoured. I do not really care either way and am simply indulging in some light trolling really (admitted this on the other thread) to be honest Little Angel
snow report
Hurtle, It is more to do with the fact that there is undoubtedly commercial benefit to someone as a result of the thread in question, whereas in Nixmaps' thread, the actual commercial gain is negligable. I personally don't give a flying hoot who posts what nor who gains, as long as the rules apply across all posters.....

Whether an 'elderly statesman' of the snowHead brethren benefits in kind personally or not is of no concern to me
snow conditions
.....or alternatively, what rayscoops says above wink
snow conditions
The Voice of Reason,we're agreed, then, save that I think these 'rules' can and should tolerate a degree of flexibility.
ski holidays
Hurtle, Agreed....and what could be more flexible than offering the trade of goods and services as opposed to cash transactions? Twisted Evil
latest report
A solo skier looking for a buddy to avoid single supplements or a group needing a single skier (or skiers) to fill a gap - use this forum to find the bodies and the buddies u need for ski-trips - suggest the thread title includes DATES and DESTINATION wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy