Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Popping the big question

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry to even hint that something might be more important than skiing....consider my knuckles well & truly rapped! Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good luck masopa. and all the best. Great choice.

France did it for me when I proposed to my wife. Ended up fashioning a temporary ring from a champagne bottle and a stone from the little Auberge we were in at the time. Think she's still got it...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow - I go out to get a few bits and pieces (ski boot bag for girlfriend from Aldi - £1.99!!!!) and this thread's full!!

Thanks for all the advice - will have to see what the weather's looking like closer to the time, hopefully will manage some sun on Wednesday. Mountain restaurant does sound like a nice idea... maybe do that on Thursday lunchtime to "celebrate".

Ooh - decisions, decisions! So much to sort out and so little time!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PS. Thanks for the poem!!! Never had one written for me before Very Happy

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fantastic news Masopa & good luck. Sure there will be smiles all round.
Wish I could offer some advice, but looks like you have enough from everyone else.
Lucky girl.

Just remembered one bit of advice!! - if you are planning on hauling the shampoo around in a rucksack on the prescribed day..... make sure to pad it out so no accidents on chairlifts etc! Also probably best to take a rucksack every day so no suspicions arise on the day!!... if you catch my drift.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Catriona, good thinking! I have a camelbak, so will remove the bladder on the day and replace with the bottle of fizz.

Just hope it fits!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Better not do a mogul run or it'll take yer ear off. Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Congratulations masopa! But how do you know she's not going to stumble across this thread, which might kind of, err, spoil the surprise?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah - she only ever uses my computer to surf the internet (and has never been on this website anyway, so wouldn't know the website). I use Mozilla to browse - she uses IE. It's not even on the favourites of IE...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Congrats masopa - now that you've got us all hooked, please report back. Have a virtiual drink on us all!
Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
...and when will the wedding invites be sent out???? Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masopa, if it's in any way possible, get the ring beforehand. At such moments you want every advantage, and a little box with a diamond ring really helps the situation.

Also, I think that the ring should be a reflection of what you think of her, rather than a ring that she'd like to have. For example, when shopping for a ring, I came down to two stones - one was a little bigger, and one was smaller but a little more towards the perfect ideal in terms of color and quality. I opted for the smaller and better stone, and told her of my choice, decision, and why I thought it would be the ring for her. She loved it. (but then again she didn't see the bigger one).

By the way, I noticed two places where diamond dealers get the advantage of a buyer. First is in color. In Europe, for example, the term 'river' is used for GIA grades D-maybe G, which are the clearest stones. There could be a huge price difference between a D and G, while there is only one price for a river. Secondly, the angles at which a stone is cut makes a big difference in the stone, and the reflectivity and 'fire', while this is only disclosed if you ask. There is an ideal angle for a solitaire, although I don't know it off hand. Clearly a bit of research here would be helpful.

Have a plan for a nice bottle of champagne afterwards. Good luck, John.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good luck masopa! I'm sure she'll say yes - how could she possibly turn you down! Wink

Marc, for me it'd have to be the great outdoors, and saving the log fire for later~!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the tips JohnnyC - much appreciated. Am hoping I don't have to apply too much pressure for her to say yes (she's been dropping enough hints!) In terms of stone, the research I've done suggests I should go for a G VS2, with an increase in clarity rather than colour first of all. Seems to be a big jump between 1 and 1.5 carat, but it's all up to her - whatever she wants!

In terms of cut (and this seems to be the most important C in terms of how it actually looks) everything gets a bit tricky, since I know she prefers princess cut - which, unlike brilliant cuts don't have any theoretical "perfect" cut. So I think it's all down to the abilities of the cutter...

All exciting stuff!! Can't wait now!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Best of luck! Got to be one of the best ways to propose, just wish I'd thought of that (unfortunately not much snow in the UK during summer).
Just one thought, if you're taking a bottle of bubbly remember the glasses, can't go swigging it out of the bottle.
snow conditions
fab plan - skiing, champagne and then diamonds - she's a v. lucky girl...
snow report
snow report
Any word yet? Very Happy
snow conditions
I was wondering that too.................. did he go for two weeks??????? snowHead
ski holidays
Perhaps they're still up on Cloud 9?
ski holidays
Should we start planning the virtual party, Jonpim said he'd bring the cake
ski holidays
Wasn't he going ski=ing and then to Amsterdam to buy wedding bling?
snow report
Think so-or Antwerp, probably gawping at diamonds as we speak. (or write)
snow conditions
Yeah, not only have I done the cake but I got the [url=http://www.mikegraham.com/music/I%20Feel%20A%20Party%20Comin'%20On-Mike%20Graham.wma] music as well [/url]
latest report
Jonpim, ooooh, how do you do that music link bit then? Twisted Evil
latest report
Hey! marc gledhill, you've made my day. I'm being asked about how to do a link Exclamation Shock
Maybe I am off the intermediate posting plateau and heading into Expert-land. Nah! Don't think so, but thanks all the same Marc. Very flattered. Very Happy
But it is really nothing clever. In altavista you can search for audio.mp3 files. I searched for "party music" and chose I Feel A Party Comin' On-Mike Graham.wma from the list. This takes you to http://www.mikegraham.com/music-page.htm. Right click on the Party Comin On file and from properties you get the file address. Put that in the standard [url= and bobs-your-uncle. Smile
ski holidays
Aaaah,

http://www.warnerreprise.com/asx/lessthanjake_plasticcuppolitics_128-a.asx

bit off topic again though Embarassed
latest report
Back on topic, I see that the orange one is back amongst us again. Anyone heard how it all went? Confused
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello everyone!!!

Proposed on Thursday last week in the end (almost a week ago now - wow!) and am very pleased to confirm she said "yes".

We'd gone for a drink in the Bubble after a good day's skiing and just missed the last Belvedere tow back up to our apartment (by about two hours!). So we had to walk up the slope (seemed like forever) with skis on our shoulders and boots still on.

At the top of it, popped off the skis, hid the champagne in the snow and waited for the girlfriend (now fiancee, of course!) to arrive. When she finally made it up, out of breath and very tired, I turned her to look at the sunset that was casting deep red and orange hues over 1650 below.

Went down on one knee after that and asked (in French - thanks for that!) to which she bubbled, "does that mean will you marry me?" Lots of celebration followed!

Then spent a night in Amsterdam (jacuzzi in the room) before heading to Antwerp to purchase a nice rock. Fantastic service in Antwerp - brilliant. If anyone is thinking of buying diamonds, I'd highly recommend it - the choice is plain ridiculous!

Selected her stone, but couldn't find the ring/setting she liked, so we're having that made here in Glasgow. Stone wasn't huge (a bit over a carat) but it sparkles like nothing else on earth - needless to say she's rather pleased!

Anyway, it was all a tremendous experience for both of us and we're a bit chuffed and loved-up at the moment!!

Thanks to everyone for the messages of support - glad it all turned out fine!
snow conditions
Congrats, when's the stag do?
ski holidays
Congrats, well done et al. Glad it worked so well.

latest report
Many congrats masopa, can we eat the cake now? Very Happy
snow conditions
Fantastic news. Post a photo of the stone??
Well done again Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Fantastic! All you've got to do now is plan the perfect snowy wedding & honeymoon!
ski holidays
Well done you romantic fool.
snow report
Congratulations, masopa Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Little Angel
snow conditions
masopa, my heartiest congratulations from across the pond, friend! Wink Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
And mine from the Middle East. May your tribe prosper. Cool
latest report
Congrats masopa, very romantic - excellent timing! Pass me some of that cyber cake Jonpim Very Happy
latest report
Fantastic news Masopa........ congratulations.......! Right, Jonpim, where's me cake??? anyone care for a glass of the hard stuff.....? Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy