Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler and Lake louise without bankruptcy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are hoping to do a 2 centre trip for family of 4 starting Feb 18 for 2 weeks we had hoped to do a week at LL first then a week at Whistler.

2 kids 12 and 13 so wont share beds,
would quite like a little 'adult privacy' (yeah yeah I know ever the optimist Toofy Grin Toofy Grin )
departure airport 'somewhere north'

Should we bother with 2 centre or just bin LL, what do you reccomend accomodation wise.

We did have a quote from crystal staying Fairmont both places but that made my ears bleed and TBH we are prob looking for S/C rather than hotel.

any suggestions (and abuse Very Happy ) welcome
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kevindonkleywood, I would ditch the two centre, quite a way between the two. If you do LL , maybe better to base yourself in Banff and do Sunshine and LL.

We stayed at the Charlton Cedar Court in Banff in a kitchenette suite, but make sure yours had a twin room and a double if you book, ours had two doubles, and our teens were not best pleased at having to share a small double bed. Kitchen is fairly basic, and separates the two bedrooms. Booked through Inghams I think.

Accommodation in Whistler- Glacier's Reach, Village North have two bedroom condos, with one en-suite double room and one twin. Bathroom, well-equipped kitchens, and a hot tub on deck and jacuzzi bath. Not sure if any tour ops do it, as we booked ours through Alluradirect.com and did a DIY job. They have offers on ski schools and lift passes too if you pre-book.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whistler is always expensive and YVR doesn't seem to take charter flights so the flight component more expensive. If you really want 2 places consider 2 from Banff, Fernie, Golden, Panorama. Or if you and the kids are prepared to put up with a little apres ski driving you can do a lot of great places in a 2 week road trip in BC and stay in relatively afordable motels.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with the others, either do two weeks at Whistler or a two centre out of calgary.

If you want affordable then look for condos rather than hotels- Chateau Lake Lousie is virtually the most expensive hotel in the Bow Valley, with maybe the Post competing too. In addition the room rate won't include meals and breakfast alone can rack up quickly.

RCR vacations offer good deals on some hotels.

Can recommend Douglas Fir condos in Banff, suspect all ages like the water slide. Once you are out of the national Park, there is way more choice on condos, eg Fernie, KH, Panorama. SOme good prices on allura or owner direct. Feb 18th weekend is 'family weekend' and to get good prices you need to book early.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could do Whistler and then Big White which is 5 hours drive from Whistler. We did this last year and it worked really well. No internal flights needed just hire car
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thomas Cook / Air Transat fly in to YVR and offer the best value. I would have thought for LL & Whistler you would to fly in to Calgary and out of YVR, or the other way round.

The Powder Highway. Is a great website. It's a marketing website for a load of towns / ski areas in the Rockies. It might give you an idea of what is easily achievable with a two week stay.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Canadian affair offer flights to calgary in the winter and yvr in summer from manchester with Thomas cook. There are no direct flights from "up north" to yvr in winter. So we are flying to Calgary then kelowna pick up car, visit Sun peaks and Silver star staying in 2 bedroom (1 king bed and queen bed with single bunk above), 2 bathroom condos. then drop off the car fly to vancouver to stay at whistler then back to calgary and back to manchester. You can get by without the car as both resorts have bus transfers from the airport.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevindonkleywood,

Ski Independence might be worth a try if you're looking for a tour op. - They certainly have a large portfolio of condos in Whistler (including Helen's recommendation of Glacier's Reach: I used them to stay here the first time I visited Whistler), and they have a lot of experience of putting together packages like this.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Phone up Canadian Affair and ask them for a quote.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kevindonkleywood, can you let me know what kind of budget 2 weeks in Canada work out at?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
inghams have a 2 centre package in their brochure which is banff and jasper which is probably going to be cheaper than doing whistler and banff.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[quote="gryphea"]Agree with the others, either do two weeks at Whistler or a two centre out of calgary.

If you want affordable then look for condos rather than hotels- Chateau Lake Lousie is virtually the most expensive hotel in the Bow Valley, with maybe the Post competing too. In addition the room rate won't include meals and breakfast alone can rack up quickly.

We had a fantastic fornight organised by Ski Safari this Easter. Banff, Jasper and Lake Louise, including the Chateau at Lake Louise. Condo in Banff. Meals weren't included, but we got some cereal and mik for breakfast. Restaurants didn't break the bank - we ate in the Chateau for less than 20 dollars a night. Ski Safari got some great room rates, and scheduled flights - and they are really flexible about building the holiday that you want.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Here's my review of the trip mentioned above. Ski Safari also offered a well priced trip to Whistler, with a few nights in Vancouver.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63954
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kevindonkleywood, received the Canadian Affair brochure through the door today and the prices are reasonable. Not changed on last year. You can do 14 nights in Banff for under £800 in half decent accommodation (flights + transfers included). They even do Westjet connections and 2 centre holidays.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i don't really have much to contribute to this thread, apart from...

Lake Louise is a GREAT place to ski. Enough to keep you interested for more than a week - easy. Shame there's not enough apres ski to keep you interested for more than a few days. Sunshine is also great, so much variation in terrain and Banff is a great wee town with lots to do. So, if you want to ski lots grab something ot eat then chill out, Lake Louise. If you want to ski, go out on the town, have a few beers and have plenty to do, then Banff is the better base, but the trip to Sunshine from the town centre is a good 20-25 minutes on the free bus.

Have only been to Whistler in the summer - biking - so can't really comment on the skiing, but the village itself is rather lively with lots to keep the young uns amused. Lots of places to eat, but it is quite pricey.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy