Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel operators profit margins

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
That's one monster haggle. They were either flying a kite with the initial selling price or cash through the door is the current number one priority ... and can I buy into some of davidof's £5 transfers please.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ctskifam, Quite - the headline price may have been taking the wee but to capitulate without counteroffer seems like unusual behaviour. Maybe an end of June cash position is all important for some internal measures at the TO and the OP got lucky with it. It certainly wouldn't be the first example of business behaviour being driven by short term measures not long term profitability.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt wrote:
Thornyhill wrote:
I told them I would pay £1800.00 now for the package, hoping they might drop to 3k. They agreed to £1800....... surprise

Great, £1800 now, the remaining £2200 8 weeks before departure as per Ts & Cs

Just what I thought
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tour ops do have a serious problem and it's no surpirise that some are hungry for hard cash right now. According to the Crystal Ski Report, the UK market overall was 13% down last year and (you heard it here first) another 10% this season just finished (the next Crystal Ski Report will probably confirm that or somewhere close to it). So, around a quarter of the market has been lost in two seasons. And that's tour operator and DIY combined before anyone suggests that DIY is doing well, it isn't. It may not look like it when you get out to the mountains but it's the reality. Big areas like 3 Valleys, Espace Killy, St Anton etc it's almost business as usual but less popular places are suffering badly.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We just had a week 5*, flights, transfers, flight meals, all inclusive (no scrimping - even CAVA at breakfast, branded international spirits) to Lanzarote for £1550 for four, would have been £1300 if I'd booked it the night before. Lovely hotel, friendliest staff ever, huge luxury room, sea view, Thomsons flight so we had the inflight screens with games and movies in each of the back of the headrests (others had flown ryan air and easy jet with nothing like that). There are some great deals out there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wayne wrote:
Thornyhill,

PS - I will be working in our Belfast office on Thursday and down in the Mournes all this weekend so can you arrange for sunshine over there in your neck of the woods Smile Last time I was on the Donard wall it just pi**ed down all day, so, can I have some sun this weekend please.

I live about 20 miles from the Mournes. We go there every couple of weeks. It is always pissing. - Actually, that isn't true - I remember it was just raining quite heavily a couple of time, but it started pissing later....... still beg to differ on the CCA, but short of the TO going to the wall everything else looks OK. I know it is going to be fairly poor accommodation, but accommodation on a ski holiday is only a place to wait until the lifts open again Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy