Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine or Le Gets Last week of january 2011

Poster: A snowHead
May be a silly question as i know we cannot predict the snow, but I am looking at going to Le Get or Morzine last week of Jan.

Seeing that they are both low resorts, from experience, it it "usually" possible to ski back down to resort at that time of year or is there usually snow making to make this possible?

Also, which location is a better base to link in to the full area?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In most years I would say ...... yes! Morzine has better access to Avoriaz and the main PdS circuit! Would probably be a bit of a schlep to get over to Torgon from Les Gets and back!

Enjoy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Libertine, it would be highly unusual for you not to be able to ski back down in the last week of January.

I agree with Roy Hockley that Morzine is better if you want to get over to Avoriaz and the main PDS circuit.

If it's your first time in the area then I'd recommend staying with someone like snowandtrek, who offer ski guiding and mini-bus their clients around to different base lifts.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

If it's your first time in the area then I'd recommend staying with someone like snowandtrek, who offer ski guiding and mini-bus their clients around to different base lifts.

good idea. If you don't have your own car, it can become a bit of a faff.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's actually a mythical (these days) challenge involving skiing chery nord-torgon-champery centre and back in a day. Sorry, off topic. OP you should be fine,Morzine better than LGs for access
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Libertine, Morzine by a short head. You can then ski either direction esily. But then we are a little biased, maybe Embarassed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd go with Morzine - we stayed with Rude Chalets this year and it was one of the best weeks skiing for a very long time, and that was mid April. Food was very very good, rooms were ideal, and really couldn't fault them all week.

You get straight on the bubble to the centre of Avoriaz, and have the entire PDS ski area available to you. I can't imagine what more somebody on their first week there would want, huge amounts of different things to do, places to eat, and you'll struggle to ski all the runs linked from there in a week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I personally wouldn't touch snowandtrek with a barge pole, I ski in Morzine for two weeks each year, in March snowandtrek provided the chalet my group stayed in. The chalet was new and there were a number of teething problems (not enough hot water, sauna did not work, not enough cutlery, lack of glasses (had to drink out of empty jars), etc...). Interestingly the chalet was marketed as 5 star. Additionally the snowandtrek pick-up from the airport was abysmal, I landed at 09:25 and was picked up at 11:30 (no text no phone call), we had another of the group waiting for over 4 hours same treatment. Once in the chalet I had booked an 8 day skipass, again through snowandtrek only to find they had made a mistake and had only booked a 7 day pass, so I missed a days skiing through the late pickup and no lift pass, no apology nothing. Because of the problems we contacted snowandtrek the owner of which (Adam) came out to see us and frankly was down right rude and refused to help (we also spoke to one of his staff, Emma I believe, who said that he should not be allowed to talk to customers!!!!!). Additionally and despite what is shown in snowandtrek literature on-line he also refused to let us store our luggage in the snowandtrek office during our last day of skiing. I'm sure that others could give and equally good story about snowandtrek and maybe we just caught them on a bad week.

That said Morzine and the PdS is a great place to ski and Jan is a good time to go, the snow at the end of Jan this year was fantastic and the apre ski can be very good. Les Gets is also good Mont Chery particularly so but is a bit of a trek into the main PdS circuit and can be quiet at night.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for your comments.... we did actually decide to book in Les Gets a few weeks ago. Going in Feb. It just seemed like a nice area and mont chery sounds like a good place to spend a lot of time. The area of morzine and les gets seems big enough for a week but i may extend to avoriaz for a day.

Got all trips booked and paid for now La Plagne - Jan 2011, Les Gets Feb 2011 and La Clusaz in March.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DaveJ, The holiday you had booked was NOT booked through Snow and Trek Ltd.

You booked your holiday through a company called Piste Pals. Piste Pals rented the chalet from us for the weekand informed us that they would be organising all the resort services for their clients. They also informed us originally that you would all be arriving together on the same transfer!!

We were only told a few days before you were all due to arrive that nothing had been organised and that you were all arriving on different flights.

On your departure you did not have to vacate the chalet as there were not guests coming in that day so there was no need to leave your baggage at the office. All transfers back tot he airport where possible were pick up from the chalet. But again due to the late notice we had received from Piste Pals this wasn't always possible.

We did our best with the limited time we had and at no time did we have any help from Piste Pals. We were unable to contact them and as far as we believe they left you to your own devices most of the time. It was an extremely frustrating position for us to have been put in as we try to ensure a seamless holiday experience for all our clients. We have many clients on short breaks and for those arriving early can usually guarantee them skiing that day.

We will not be letting any of our chalets to Piste Pals ever again and we recommend that anyone who books through them ensures all arrangements are in place well before their holiday.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowandtrek, well said. remember , no good deed goes unpunished
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've heard some bad reports about holidays organised by Sarah from Piste Pals.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am sorry to anyone else who is reading this thread, but I will not be publicly lied about;

Quote:

They also informed us originally that you would all be arriving together on the same transfer!!

Incorrect. You were emailed on the 27th Feb to advise all guest would be coming in on different flights - a transcript of the email is below and I have the emails which are legal doucments to prove this.

The payment was only taken for the chalet on the 27th Feb, in full - so you knew on the date i made the booking that people were coming on different transfer times. All you had to say was - it's going to be difficult for us, or your guys will have to wait for over half an hour and I would have quite happily engaged Skiidy as they have always delivered for me in the past for multiple transfer times.

Sarah Saunders ✆ to Snow
show details 27 Feb

hi there

they will all be different transfer times, in fact one is coming on the Monday. Will this be a problem?

will get them organised on their lift passes though

sarah

Snow and Trek - Vicky Whitehorn ✆ to me
show details 28 Feb

Dear Sarah

Different transfer times are not a problem, please just provide details for all clients.

Kind regards

Emily

Vicky and Adam Whitehorn
Snow and Trek Ltd

Quote:

We were only told a few days before you were all due to arrive that nothing had been organised and that you were all arriving on different

flights.

you were told SEVEN days before arrival that they were all arriving on different flights. See the dates on the emails above

Quote:

We did our best with the limited time we had and at no time did we have any help from Piste Pals. We were unable to contact them

again - this is completely untrue, I have the emails to prove it and if i still had my french SIM crd - it would also prove it. One email example below;

Sarah Saunders ✆ to Vicky
show details 4 Mar

hi vicky

a few of my lot are getting a bit anxious to hear about transfers and that they are secure!

would you be able to pass me over the confirmations so i can re-assure them? i will check my emails again about 7pm tonight

sarah

Quote:

as far as we believe they left you to your own devices most of the time

My colleague sophie cooked breakfast every momring for the group and picked them up from the ski lifts in the evenings and cooked for the group 4 evenings that week. I actually was extremely sick that week with a gastro bug, but managed to make it out on a few days skii hosting with the group and for a few dinners at the chalet

the comments DaveJ has made are extremely accurate and were witnessed by the other 8 people in the chalet, especially Adam storming out and slamming the door behind him - as we were celebrating someone's birthday at the time.

Chillidemon - if you could please PM me what you have heard I will be more than happy to address any issues regarding service, holidays etc. Yes you get the odd person for whom their holiday does not meet their expectations, I would like that to be 0% and willing to do anything to make sure people have a great holiday.

I appreciate that not every business runs without a hitch at any time throughout their lifespan - however if something goes wrong i will go out of my way to solve the issues, resolve any negative feeling and ensure the guests are compensated. I will then learn from any mistake i make.

I understand people reading this will feel negatively towards me - but I would like to reassure people what snow and trek have outlined is not only inaccurate - it is untrue.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 13-10-10 19:51; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Interesting response from Snow and Trek

Quote:

You booked your holiday through a company called Piste Pals. Piste Pals rented the chalet from us for the weekand informed us that they would be organising all the resort services for their clients. They also informed us originally that you would all be arriving together on the same transfer!!

Yes I did and have always had good service Piste Pals, however, the you did not address the question about the late transfer or lack of a phone call (basic customer service on which you failed) to cap it all you said that you first of all claimed that you had sent a text then claimed that you did not have my phone number yet when the return transfers were being confirmed Emma quote my phone number to me despite the fact I had not been asked for it whilst in the resort, strange!!!!!

Also you did not address another of my points with regards to the lift pass I had pre-booked on your site so I was contracted with you directly, that task should not have been difficult particularly as a 7 day pass was produced shortly after my arrival at the chalet by your staff.

Quote:

Once in the chalet I had booked an 8 day skipass, again through snowandtrek only to find they had made a mistake and had only booked a 7 day pass, so I missed a days skiing through the late pickup and no lift pass, no apology nothing.

With regards to the following statements:

Quote:

I said: Additionally and despite what is shown in snowandtrek literature on-line he also refused to let us store our luggage in the snowandtrek office during our last day of skiing.

You said: On your departure you did not have to vacate the chalet as there were not guests coming in that day so there was no need to leave your baggage at the office. All transfers back tot he airport where possible were pick up from the chalet. But again due to the late notice we had received from Piste Pals this wasn't always possible.

My point was that early in the week some of us had requested to leave our bags in your office as you were providing the transfers back to Geneva. The reason for this was that some of us were going to ski on that last day and it did not make sense to return to the Chalet, which was a long long way from the lifts, whereas your office is close to the lifts. It had been indicated to us that it should not be a problem to drop our bags at your office and then catch the transfer from there. However, later on in the week our request was refused outright probably because we had the temerity to complain about the facilities in the chalet.

Another of my points, for which you were directly reponsible for, was the chalet:

Quote:

The chalet was new and there were a number of teething problems (not enough hot water, sauna did not work, not enough cutlery, lack of glasses (had to drink out of empty jars), etc...). Interestingly the chalet was marketed as 5 star.

We mention these issues to Adam who, with regards to the hot water, said we were showering too much, interesting that as we were only having one short shower/shallow bath each per day and still hot water was running out. He also pointed out that the chalet was adequately equiped for providing hot water as the French do not wash as often, not a statement I would have made. We also mentioned the sauna but again absolutely no action, no apology no gesture just a moan that we had booked through Piste Pals, that may have been the case but Snow and Trek managed the chalet.

Whilst on the subject of managing the chalet, towards the later part of the week the pathway to the chalet was a sheet of ice and in fact one of our party actually fell over and injured themselves. We, however, felt it was pointless in bringing this up with Snow and Trek as we would have only been viewed as a bunch of moaners again and would not have got any service in any case.

From my perspective there were areas that were your responsibility, however, you have chosen not to recognise them and have endeavoured to heap all of the blame onto Piste Pals. That said Piste Pals are not innocent in all of this, they did miss sell the location of the chalet which was not good, however, they did provide additional transport throughout the week because of the location of the chalet at their own cost, they have also offered a reduction on fees for this coming season and did try to recover the situation. At no point did Snow and Trek give any sort of gesture, again basic customer service even through we did contract direct, and pay money, for certain services such as the transfers and ski-passes.

Also my comment:

Quote:

Because of the problems we contacted snowandtrek the owner of which (Adam) came out to see us and frankly was down right rude and refused to help (we also spoke to one of his staff, Emma I believe, who said that he should not be allowed to talk to customers!!!!!).

has not been addressed.

I have tried to keep a balance view and did offer the following comment:

Quote:

I'm sure that others could give and equally good story about snowandtrek and maybe we just caught them on a bad week.

and I still stand by that comment.

Finally I am likely to return to Morzine during the forth-coming season, possibly on two seperate one week occassions and currently am sounding out 22 other skiiers about their availability so I've not given up on the place.

Happy skiing
Dave
ski holidays
Reads to me like snowandtrek were basially of the opinion "not our clients, not our profit,not our problem".

Personally, when considering Morzine I would never think past Ski Morzine, been on many brilliant trips with them, The Savoy is a fantastic Chalet right next to the Super Morzine lift, food is first class, as is the ski guiding.

I'd be very wary of using any business that is so unprofessional as to discuss their issues with a client on a public forum such as snowHead
ski holidays
Standee, To be fair, it was the "client" that brought it to the attention of this forum! Maybe the client did not get a response from the TO and as last resort came here! I just dont know their thinking!
latest report
Roy Hockley wrote:
Standee, To be fair, it was the "client" that brought it to the attention of this forum! Maybe the client did not get a response from the TO and as last resort came here! I just dont know their thinking!

Indeed, but I, personally, would have replied via PM in the first instance.

Anyway, it matters not.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy