Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boys Trip want to try somewhere new after 3 years in the 3-Valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
kosciosco,
Quote:

However I too am looking for something different. The obvious choice is Espace Killy, but have also considered PdS (too many buses, too low?) or somewhere which isn't France, but I have to admit to being clueless outside of France. St Anton looks good but I've heard it is very expensive.

Been to quite a few ski resorts and in Europe I find Meribel/Courchevel and Val D'Isere more expensive than any others. Not saying St Anton is cheap but cheaper than the others.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd agree, in my experience of skiing both Austria and France over the last few years, by and large Austria will be cheaper than France. St Anton is certainly not the cheapest resort in Austria. But is is substantially cheaper than the Three Valleys.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Smile

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 26-06-10 9:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had a brief shufty at chalets and hotels for St. Anton at mid-end Jan 2011. It seems to me that StA is way more expensive for accommodation
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
halfhand wrote:
Had a brief shufty at chalets and hotels for St. Anton at mid-end Jan 2011. It seems to me that StA is way more expensive for accommodation

I've had a quick look and I agree with you. 4 star catered Meribel Chalets are going for around £600 pp excluding flights and transfers, whereas in St Anton you are looking at more like £700 - £800 pp.

You save a bit on lift passes - 8 days is 265 Euros in St Anton (2010/2011) vs 3 Valleys at 304 Euros (2009/2010).

Ski hire is more expensive in St Anton. Just looking at Snow Rental, in St Anton its 120 Euros compared to Meribel at 83

I don't know how prices in Mountain lunch stops compare to 3 valleys, but they would have to be significantly cheaper as everything else in St Anton seems more expensive than even the 3 Valleys!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or Mayrhofen, our resort of choice (8 mid forties blokes) for the last few years. Plenty of ski-ing, good apres.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

St Anton, one advantage of boys trips is that the wallet is a little less tight than a family trip!

If my wife reads this there will be questions! These Guys have coped with our version of your trip for 10 long weekends in January now and we don't get bored of the area either. I do fancy a sneaky smaller XY only trip to the big Z one April however.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What about Samoens? Pretty little village, close to Geneva, masses of pistes over the whole joined up area, reasonable quantity of restaurants, not mad nightlife.

We had a similar boys trip there last year, catered apartments close to lifts, good food and not ultra expensive. We all had our own en suite rooms.

I love Switzerland but the CHF is making it fairly expensive now.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd agree with Zermatt as a good choice to fit your original question but have never stayed there just driven up from other places for 1 day at a time last time we skied right back through town to the railway station. It's a facinating place and well worth going.

Stayed in Cervinia to learn boarding and found that really good for Piste and maybe more gentle apres + link to Zermatt for a good day out.

If you wanted PDS I would suggest Champery on the swiss side, Has a one big cable car straight into high snow area from areally good village and loads of piste. if you poke around or ask there are some really good places to eat that side and plenty of mileage to keep you going.

Here is an odd one but very good personal recommendation, Les-Houche "Chalet Juane" run By Helen has the piste all but running throgh the garden. Probably two good days for ski one fab restuarant and very extensive local knowledge. You Need to ski Chamonix with the right attitude though and not try to cover it all fast just one section at a time for a day or two to get a really good week out of it. If you are interested I can give you more specific contact details. I have no commercial interest in this one just some of the best times ever.

Let me know
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy