Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski service in Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All.

I'm looking to get my skis serviced. I live in glasgow but will be going up the A9 at some point over the next few months.

Where is the best place to get skis done in Glasgow or the surrounding area/A9 route.

I have a good set of skis (rossie Z10's) so dont want them to chuck them anywhere. Happy

Cheers
Bob
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
glasgowcyclops, had bad service at the Ski and Board room (despite being cheap) the guy didn't seem to know what he was on about.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Banks' in Perth have a good reputation - small family business, and we always get good service from them.
snow report
 brian
brian
Not on your route but Stuart in the Blues part of Tiso in Leith is excellent.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sandy (ginger guy) in Ellis brigham is good but i wouldn't trust any of the others Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGoatPost#p/u/9/lCj7A7aPZ3E

If you can be bothered to travel the Aberdeen guys are good....if a little strange Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi folks.

I work in Edinburgh and sometimes take the car so Stuart in Leith is a possibility.

Anyone know if FreezeProShop are any good I know where that is.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yes had a couple of services at freeze, they do a fine job also.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow & Lines in Edinburgh isn't much of a ski shop anymore
The internet killed that off and they now focus mainly on running gear.

But they still run a *really* good workshop - one of the best in Scotland.
Their ski tech Danny Maddox is a jedi knight when it comes to repairs or tune ups.
(and also an exceptionally good skier / ex Scottish team racer / Glencoe regular etc).

http://www.snowlines.co.uk/acatalog/More_Info.html

Finlay Mickel often puts his own gear into Danny.
If its good enough for him then it should be ok for the rest of us punters!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian, A bit out of my way but thanks anyway.
geeo, Thanks for that but the snowlines option seems perfect.

Haggis_Trap, Sounds good and on the way into work.
Just phoned them and Danny indeed still does the workshop. Old skis arrive from Norway on MOnday So I'll stick them in then.

Cheers
Bob
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thread resurrection time - I'm just back from a brilliant week's holiday in Les Menuires so need to get the skis serviced. In recent times I've used Ellis Brigham at Braehead but the last time I was in I asked how they knew what angles to put on the edges and the answer was "we do them all the same". It might well be that this doesn't really matter but as the manufacturers seem to put some effort into deciding the optimum angles it seems a bit daft to just grind them off at the first service. Can anyone recommend someone in central Scotland that does keep the factory set angles when they service skis? Alternatively is there anywhere round here where I could learn to do my own servicing? I'd like to do a day down at The Piste Office but I can't afford the time off work to go down there.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Blues at tisso outdoors in Glasgow or Edinburgh do them at specified angles if you tell them what you want them set to. Loads of youtube tutorials available if you want to learn how to do it yourself, not all that difficult. Although depending on the ski you may need to trim some of the sidewall away to trim the edges without gumming up the files with plastic from the sidewall.....can be scary at first but isn't overly tricky
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Valkyrie wrote:
Alternatively is there anywhere round here where I could learn to do my own servicing?

I`d also like to try learn how to do it in Glasgow if there was somewhere.

Not sure if they do servicing in Nevisport on Sauchiehall Street but Shona in the ski department certainly knows her stuff about all things skiing.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not quite in Glasgow, but if you want to learn how to service your skis there are few people as good as @spyderjon. He is down in Nottingham though...

I have started myself of using his excellent guide to tuning skis... His clinics are very good and could help give you the confidence.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This thread has sort of resurrected itself by popping up on the first page of Google results for ski servicing. Anyone who would like to learn to service their own skis/board can go to Aberdeen and get a lesson for the price of a service:

https://mancaveservices.co.uk

You can nosey through the blog posts until you find something similar to your gear and see how it has been handled.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy