Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

10 Reasons why we shouldn't go back to Borovets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
geepee, Laughing Laughing

To be honest, as a bunch of 19 year-olds stumbling back from a club at 4am, full of cheap beer, we found the incident quite amusing (far more so than the dog situation actually). However, our hotel was booked through a major tour operator (our friend worked for them and used her entire annual holiday privileges so us skint students could afford to ski) and we were quite surprised...

This was over a decade ago, though, so I'm sure Borovets will have cleaned up its act by now.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is the downside of going with a group of people who are interested in skiing but not MAD for it! I am worried about snow and lift queues! Everyone else is worried about flight times, flight durations, tranfer time, instructors, distance to slopes, cost......etc.....

I don't mind Borovets...prozzies, dogs, lap dancing clubs (springing up at a geometric rate) but without the snow it's a grubby little town where you would wind up the windows and carry on driving without stopping.

Shocked Confused Just got to make the others see sense!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
red run luke wrote:
Everyone else is worried about flight times, flight durations, tranfer time, instructors, distance to slopes, cost......etc.....

Shocked Confused Just got to make the others see sense!

It's a bit puzzling as Borovets has a 3.5 hour flight and then a 1.5 hour transfer.... which seems like hard work when you can find places lovely places, good value, high quality accommodation, guaranteed snow and absolutely no queues that have the same transfer time from Geneva (which is also a shorter flight from the UK).

Cost-wise, go to certain resorts and it can be pricey, yes, but (as an example, not a sales-pitch, as I know you've said you're looking at Italy or Austria) our local ski pass/ski hire/accommodation/ESF etc. is really good value by anyone's standards because we are off the beaten track and I've no doubt there are plenty of similar places throughout the Alps...

Wishing you luck anyway as, from what you've just posted, it sounds like I was being a bit optimistic about Borovets cleaning up its act... Confused Fine as a student who's grateful for any chance to put on a pair of skis but now... Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
red run luke, Well, look on the bright side, there would appear to be 'entertainment' if there's no snow Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Michelle, Laughing Laughing I am the pope and I claim my £5... Toofy Grin

But not the kind of entertainment your holiness would condone, surely? wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
red run luke wrote:
This is the downside of going with a group of people who are interested in skiing but not MAD for it! I am worried about snow and lift queues! Everyone else is worried about flight times, flight durations, tranfer time, instructors, distance to slopes, cost......etc.....

So why don't you look into resorts that have lots of kool non-skiing things to do as well?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
miranda, Laughing Laughing You're quite right, of course. Bless you my child Little Angel Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy