Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oh lord, what have I done?

Poster: A snowHead
...Or, I now own a pair of skis. Very Happy

So I finally got my own skis, couldn't resist a very nice price from the distributor on a pair of last season's Stockli Stormrider VXLs. All very exciting and they do look nice and shiney right now but oh my god! They do seem rather stiff! Shocked

Can someone please convince me that:
a). If I really enjoyed them for 2 days when I skied them in 168 last season then I will still love them in 179 (I'm 6 foot 75kg so you know it makes sense) Puzzled
b). They're proper big boy skis and it's great to have the opportunity to grow into them (As in 'I'd better get my technique together next season!'). Toofy Grin

Actually, right now the big probelm is working out what to do between now and when I can finally try them out... snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kind of b) but forget technique - pies and pints all summer, proper job Laughing

you'll be sweet with a) in reality
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Head up to Cairngorm (or your local fridge!) and try them out now Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or come out to play on Saturday for Snowheads@Hemel wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
barry, Good answer Very Happy

Windymiller, Mmm, now there's a thought... snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You know it makes sense, now you have "big boy" ski's you'll be heading north to see SpyderJon for lessons soon ....... only question remains is "Can I have a go ?"
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swiss Toby, if you do go to Hemel don't be worried if you don't get on with them in the fridge. It's difficult to really get enough speed indoors to get the most out of stiffer wider-radius skis.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swiss Toby, If you do go to Hemel don't be worried if the tips reach the bottom as soon as you set off from the top wink seriously, be great to see you there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swiss Toby, what you worried about, you can ski can't you? Well, quicker than me, anyway. wink

Have a blast!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's very tempting but there are 2 things making it tricky:

1. It's a 300 mile round trip

2. The skis are currently lacking bindings.

Now, the first I could probably deal with but skiing without bindings is just a little bit beyond my technical level right now! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swiss Toby, but I've laundered your badger t-shirt now, you need to come Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Swiss Toby wrote:
Now, the first I could probably deal with but skiing without bindings is just a little bit beyond my technical level right now! Toofy Grin

Swiss Toby, I can meet you there & fit bindings for you in 15 mins.

Now MTFU & get with the programme wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spyderjon wrote:
Swiss Toby wrote:

Swiss Toby, I can meet you there & fit bindings for you in 15 mins.

Now MTFU & get with the programme wink

Actually, I've arranged to get the bindings done tomorrow so that excuse is out the window... Confused

Still 300 miles though... anyone got a spare bed? Little Angel

P.S. Andyph, maybe we should have a rematch one day when you're not in a hurry to go off bothering the local wildlife. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Batman123, Sorry, you'll have to put the shirt back in the draw. I've just had some work come up at zero notice so will definitely not be jaunting across the country to ski this weekend. Sad

Maybe next month... snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sherry at 7, [cough] Isn't that my t-shirt? [/cough]
latest report
Schuss in Boots wrote:

Yours is the Beaver one. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Spyderman wrote:
Schuss in Boots wrote:

Yours is the Beaver one. Toofy Grin

Ah, yes she'll look a little otter in that one. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, ive got loads of badger t-shirts, sorry for forgetting tonight
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy