Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Midsummer skiing in the Cairngorms?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There's hope that skiing could take place at the CairnGorm Mountain resort at midsummer for the first time in living memory. Skiing will be available this weekend for the first time since 1992, but it could continue until after 24 June. ...Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/10238296.stm
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
O I am still alive and we skied cairngorm midsummers eve in 1979 or was it 1980 there was alot of people up the hill and even tho my memory is failing I am sure there will be a few Scots who disagree with this story.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not a hope now, it's a reality (or will be in the morning) - June skiing confirmed. snowHead

Oh and I'm alive, last time I checked anyway, and I've skied (using the lifts) up there in June before - might well have been in 1980 actually!

There's usually limited non-lift served sliding up there in June but it's the lifts being open that hasn't happened for a good while, 16 years to be precise. Last happened in June 1994 but if it wasn't for the lifts being shut early for funicular construction work it would have been possible in 2001 too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
late 80s used to have a mid summers race on nevis range too, the snowgoose chair was open for access and then the goose t bar from a modified start point ...and when it got really thin a rope tow was installed
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
roga wrote:
Not a hope now, it's a reality (or will be in the morning) - June skiing confirmed. snowHead

Oh and I'm alive, last time I checked anyway, and I've skied (using the lifts) up there in June before - might well have been in 1980 actually!

There's usually limited non-lift served sliding up there in June but it's the lifts being open that hasn't happened for a good while, 16 years to be precise. Last happened in June 1994 but if it wasn't for the lifts being shut early for funicular construction work it would have been possible in 2001 too.

Midsummer's day is 24 June, folks, so another 19 days to go till there's officially midsummer skiing!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A good writeup of the season in the Scotsman:

CairnGorm Mountain

The season in numbers for Scotland's ski centres:

* SKIER DAYS:

• SEASON: 28 November to 31 May

• DAYS OPEN: 143

• DAYS CLOSED: 19

The Lecht

SKIER DAYS

SEASON: 18 December to 14 April

• DAYS OPEN: 110

• DAYS CLOSED: 5