Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Views on Warth/Schroken in Voralberg region greatly appreciated??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have been looking at Warth/Schroken as a family resort for next Feb half term.

Anyone been there and can give me their views I would appreciate it.

all the best

Rich
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Rich

I'd definitely recommend Warth/Schroeken! It's a great place to ski. I take a school trip there and we always have a fantastic time. Last time I was there was Feb half term 2009 there was a LOT of snow. Being a school trip, we stay in Holzgau, about 30 mins down the road, but if I was taking a family group, I'd stay in Warth. There's plenty of skiing for everyone - we take very experienced skiers who hardly hit a piste all week, skiers who haven't even clipped in before, and everything in between. Have a good look at the piste map before you head out, as you can get stranded in Schroeken if you're not careful! The only downside we've found is the last 250m back to the base station. If you have very raw beginners, you could find yourself doing a lot of picking up, but then falling down is the best way to learn! Smile

We're off back there in February next year... Can't wait!

Cheers

Noel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oi Oi Savaloy, Have not been but the runs and lifts are visible from Lech. Has the best snow record in Alps and they run some freeride comps there. So whilst I've never been I reckon that it should be a pretty damned good place to go
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks all,

I managed to get to get a good deal in Lanersbach so have chosen there for the moment but am looking to do Warth next time.

Thanks for your input, it's so much better hearing from someone who has been there.

We have fallen in love with Austria after years of French mega resorts.

Bring on the season!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think that for a week Lanersbach is probably a better bet - I have skied Warth a few times and whilst I agree it's a good place to spend a day or two, the skiing itself is pretty limited. It's only got 600m of vertical, and is short on steep, challenging runs (there's only one, and it's about 200m long) and it doesn't really have any cruisy skiing, or long, tree-lined runs. There is some reasonable freeride terrain, but this mostly requires 30 mins plus of hiking - again, Damuls, which is just down the road is a better bet in my view - it's a much bigger area, and there are some really interesting areas that are readily accessible from the piste. Damuels also gets just as much snow (the two resorts swap the "snowiest town in the alps" moniker periodacially). It's also got some lovely tree skiing, so is a good bet when the weather comes in, which Warth isn't, as the vast majority is way above the snowline.

That said, if you're happy to ski the same four or five runs for the week it might be a reasonable bet, although in the round I do think that Damuels offers way more variety at the same sort of pricepoint.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy