Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Movement Thunders

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have in my excessive personal inventory a pair of these, unmounted, from a few years back, when apparently they were real man skis , before they softened them a bit. 185 in length. I'd always hoped to mount them for tele (if I got good enough....still waiting), AT or even regular as a hardpackish Euro ski.

However evidence suggests that I haven't used them because I've been more interested in expanding my quiver in a wider direction and actually got used to skiing wider skis in the sort of conditions I might use these.

So should they stay or should they go?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, Mount 'em tele (with Hammerheads) - they sound ideal ! wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am in the same position, when I first had them they were the biz but slowly I have bought fatter and fatter skis so I gave them away in March. Still not sure if I've done the right thing. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, let me know if you are going to let them go.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i've got mine mounted tele - the original 187 girders with skull graphics, proper job

mount em up tele - they were my first/learning and still goto tele setup (BD O1's on mine, nice tour setup)

dont let em go - they're a classic
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, I'd also be a potential home for them if you're moving them on. Let me know what sort of price you'd be looking for if they're unwanted
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For anyone interested - any idea of what you'd be willing to pay - unused,unmounted with a protective hot wax when I got them. They are the old model however (blue topsheet). Think I put north of £150 into them so would rather hold on if its looking like silly prices as the ski is fundamentally unchanged over the years (aside from softening flex) as I understand it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mount it with dynafit......and go for the Haute Route. Nice compromise between weight-wide-height to tour "properly" in any conditons and any route.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd be sorely tempted myself but not poss, sweet ski though and 150 is a fair price IMO.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy