Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone got a Tracker 2?

Poster: A snowHead
If so I'm after a pic of the holster/harness.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got one. Can take a photo on mobile but unsure how to load it up onto computer though. What you looking for in the harness. Its definitely comfy/easy to use?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Batman123, a pic would be great thanks - especially if you can email it to me via my website link in my signature. The harness on the old Tracker was shoite so I never used it. Looking for something flatter & centrally mounted.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you PM me your phone number I can text a pic to you, no clue about uploading photos from my phone, sorry, bit of a technophobe and really have no idea how to upload them
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers. Phone number's here: http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/content/view/12/28/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Couple of photos sent, not the best quality but hope they help. If not can try and get someone with a camera to take another and send it over? Not had hige experience with transceivers but this was the easiest to use of the ones I've tried (never tried the Mammut one though) and pretty comfy to wear
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got em thanks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent, let me know if need anymore / can help with anything else Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Tracker 2 "quick start guide" and the "English owners manual" both have diagrams showing the harness. See http://www.backcountryaccess.com/english/research/manuals.php

Google images has this
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon, did you know the old tracker fits in its harness better if you put it in the other way round.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Got a few in stock and had a little play with them, they seem to be a hell of alot more accurate than the tracker I have! Nice that it is a little lighter and not as bulky and and also I prefer how you access the search mode on it. It looks a good upgrade to me Happy Shame I only bought my tracker last year... I will be insisting my mates get them though (so they can find me quicker Very Happy )
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used the tracker 2 this season and have to say the holster is very good, however the harness took a little bit of adjusting to get it to fit right. If you adjust it to your needs you can get it more central!

In terms of search we found it no better or easier than the Ortovox D3 and in the final metre or two search we found the d3 quicker, we know this should not be the case.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
On the subject of transceivers - a few reviews on this link
http://beaconreviews.com/transceivers/Specifications.asp#Pieps_DSP
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swirly, yep, tried that & it was still shoite - must be something to do with my racing snake figure wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB, good info that, thanks. My selection criteria is very simple in that I need over a +2 correction on my reading glasses so I need to be able to clearly read the display ithout my specs. A black display is also a problem for me. So far the original Tracker was the best for that but the new 'un seems to be even better in that respect plus it has the additional features - & a decent harness would close the deal for me.
ski holidays
spyderjon,
I can see what you mean pardon the pun!

I use + 2 reading glass the display on the tracker 2 is fine I had no problems without my glasses the harness is pretty good and the pouch is of a very good quality and fit.

I used a Freerider pack this season and that has a very large waist band, the harness has enough adjustment in it to get the transceiver into the correct position for comfort.

hope the above helps
snow report
livetoski, thanks. Yep, that's been my issue with the original Tracker harness in that I couldn't get it in to a comfortable position whilst avoiding my pack's straps or leaving me prone to a busted rib in a heavy fall.
ski holidays
spyderjon, dam, you already have an original tracker....i was going to offer to swap mine for a new tracker 2 Toofy Grin
latest report
spyderjon wrote:
livetoski, thanks. Yep, that's been my issue with the original Tracker harness in that I couldn't get it in to a comfortable position whilst avoiding my pack's straps or leaving me prone to a busted rib in a heavy fall.

My bro bust some ribs on his. My F1 never been a problem (cept all those who don't like analogue)
latest report
I wear my Tracker 1 above my left hip and slightly to the front, using the harness. So far not had a problem with it in falls.
ski holidays
spyderjon, I also used Tracker 2 at Easter. The harness adjusts easily and the Tracker can be worn centrally and avoid the straps on my pack. I use BCA Stash pack.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy