Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

midget boarder

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.natives.co.uk/do/ecco.py/view_item?listid=9&listcatid=39&listitemid=14403

Shocked

She'll probably be sponsored by the time she's five.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Awwww..how sweet is that?! Very Happy

I would give anything to see some of the guys on here who board in that crazy pink all-in-one Little Angel
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
obscenely cute awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't belive I've just seen that, did'nt think it possible! Not even gonna go down the moral rights and wrongs just think it's amazing!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Toe side needs some work Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
wot no helmet Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mosha Marc, i thought so too Wink Twisted Evil. i love the way she just can't seem to fall over without trying really hard to sit down. it's like she's not even trying and she's winning the fight against gravity (unlike most of us who learnt as adults)!

she is pretty good for someone who's, let's face it, closer to two than one. but still, if she continues to like snowboarding, will probably be really good in a few years.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm not sure.... Boarder in a fart-bag - is that a good look?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
manicpb, there are moral issues involved in playing in the snow? Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard wrote:
manicpb, there are moral issues involved in playing in the snow? Puzzled

You should know by now that what ever you do there is always one Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sideways_Junior will be 1 in December, just in time for the new season... know what to get him for christmas!
Not those nasty old skis like mummy but a nice shiny snowboard like daddy!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
aaaaaw, how cute? she'll be ripping by 5 Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I note that she NEVER faceplants in that video. Wish the same could have been said of me when I attempted boarding...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
d'ya reckon she wears "impact nappies". Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
she must be so light that she can not impose enough of a moment (force) to tip the board over its side edges, a bit like skinny adult riding a board that is 50cm wide ?

Quite incredible really though Very Happy
snow conditions
I don't like competitive parenting normally, but I have to say my grand-daughter was a bit more advanced at the same age. And she had a cooler suit.
ski holidays
My grand-daughter clearly should have been wearing a helmet, getting so much air. However the little girl in the video is in FAR less danger than my current toddler grand-daughter climbing over the dining chairs in a kitchen with a stone floor. Absolutely no need for a helmet, I'd say.

All toddlers probably have the ability to learn to snowboard - and at that age their developmental drive to walk is such that they are accustomed to falling over and whacking themselves every 25 minutes. And that gorgeous balance reflex, upper body bent forward from the hips. I'd rather see a teeny like that on a board than on skis, with their legs giraffing in all directions.
snow report
Don't really know what to say - I wonder how much of an unguided missile she is - I know she is not tanking along in the video, but it won't be much longer - does she have the strength and wit yet to guide where she goes?
ski holidays
Quote:

does she have the strength and wit yet to guide where she goes?

No, I'm sure she doesn't - and nor do those mini hooligans on scooters you see round the pavements a lot. At least she's not going to collide with a very old frail woman with a stick - as I saw a little lad do in our high street last week. She'd need very careful supervision till she was a lot older, that's for sure.
ski holidays
Megamum, the area in the video is clearly almost flat and there is a huge runout. Think you might be getting overly concerned Laughing
snow report
lets face it, all she is doing is standing up on the equivalent of a sledge, albeit strapped in up to her knees, and with the exception of sitting down she can not physically fall over - she is not actually boarding. You could strap a dog of the same size on that board and have the same results ! Little Angel
ski holidays
rayscoops wrote:
You could strap a dog of the same size on that board and have the same results ! Little Angel

Dogs prefer skis, 4 legs y'see. However i reckon you could stick a cat in each binding and send it off down the slope.
Either image is a sure fire hit on YouTube, under the title, "I iz in yur Ski locker, stealin yur Steez"
snow report
rayscoops, you're just jealous. wink Most adults, strapped to a board, fall over (backwards, generally) rather smartly. They certainly take a while before they can almost fall over, then recover and stand up again. combination of low CoG and no fear, with the right run, is good!
latest report
Mind you midgets on skis and boards do tend to go well.

This teddy was very keen on skiing when we caught up with him.

N.B. This might just be a sneaky attempt to get a picture of a set of skis into the boarding forum wink
ski holidays
pam w, I am jealous, but look at her height and weight to board width / boot size ratio, then imaginge the same setup for adult - it would be impossible to fall in similar circumstances
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy