Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc'teryx Sidewinder SV pant

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone got these? i am seriously tempted
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't help you with a review but saw that they were <£200 in EB.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
arv, you got me all excited but not in my size....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have them, what do you want to know?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
was thinking about the bib ones with straps and was wondering if the sidewinders are okay in terms of off piste stuff
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret, AFAIK the latest Sidewinder pants are the same cut as the older Minuteman pants but in the latest Goretex Pro fabric as opposed to the Goretex XCR & with a bib option. I've got the Minuteman pants (no bib, can't see the point) & they're excellent - lightweight & unbelievably warm for a pure shell. Done about a dozen weeks in them with no signs of wear. I only were a layer underneath if it's colder than -10C, but if you overdress by mistake the thigh vents are excellent. I've got latest SV jacket in the Pro & it's even lighter & with even better breathability but that's probably not required unless you're doing long tours. Arc' kit is excellent so can't see how you'd go wrong so long as you don't pay the RRP which is Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon, really nothing underneath??? i have fleece lined sallopettes at the mo and i do like keeping the legs warm but i guess a merino or two will do the job.. i have a Sidewinder jacket and love it so am guessing the trousers will be good, impossible to find a deal in the size need let alone finding a pair on line in an XL long at retail. guess i need a littel reassurance that the silly money is worth it.. but then again what has ever stopped me from buying expensive ski gear Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, it's weird how pure shell pants are still warm without leggings but they are - a bit cool when you first put them on but then they're fine unless it's really cold. Could be different if standing around on nursery slopes when teaching but that's not my game. I always wear armoured shorts so lift seats aren't cold. Below about -10C I wear thin Patagonia 2 poly leggings (I can't stand merino) which are plenty warm enough at -20C.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They are great for touring - very light and huge vents. But the vents are not lined so dont fall with them open! Dont see the need for bibs myself.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowrider, spyderjon, thanks guys will be ordering a pair Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have the minuteman trousers (£100 new from a snowHead a few years back Toofy Grin ) They are brilliant and totally bombproof . I do usually wear a merino base layer beneath them and that will cope with temps from touring on a hot day to -25.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I need to replace my trusty Sidewinder pants and looks like Arc'teryx don't make em anymore sadly. Anyone know what the nearest model would be? I need a tall and hate softshell. Want proshell or equivalent and big vent zips and athletic fit.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have the sabre, little layer of "insulation" aka soft liner, heavier than the stinger but nicer if you dont want to wear leggings on a hot day (without risking the plastic sticking to your sweaty legs)

They are a bit baggy but certainly not excessively, one thing that takes some getting used to is the bell-bottom like hems so you can have your touring boots open under the trouser, these pretty much cover ski boots.

same as the sidewinder, they are bombproof and well designed, im very happy.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret, we both acquired Marmot Spire shell pants in Dec and are very pleased with them. Seem v hi quality.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy