Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

i wanna do 360's off a jump, but im a chicken

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
sorry haven't got time to read the whole thread but at Mt. Hemel they do Air Bag sessions every now and then. Maybe that would give you the 'nads you need. with a nice soft pillowy landing snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just had a quick look online and found a company called Maverix (www.maverix.org) that are meant to help with freestyle etc. Has anyone used them and would they recommend them??

I read with much ammusement everyone practising the 360s in slippers in the living room - I can only immagine what the people downstairs think!
Is it not very different with great big skis on? Seeing as the weight is not in the centre of the ski, it is going to help throw you off axis, and the extra weight sticking out is going to slow you down (like sticking your arms out).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wilko1, maverix are on par with definition. they're both very good, and i think have similar approaches to the way they coach/teach. i've only done their freestyle snowboarding coaching though and have only done hour-long sessions, so i can't tell you what the day-long, weekend or skiing courses are like.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wilko1 wrote:
I read with much ammusement everyone practising the 360s in slippers in the living room - I can only immagine what the people downstairs think!

That's why I stopped after the third try. It was 10pm so I dont' think the downstair tenants appreciate any more of those.

Though the real reason was the bizzar nature of putting on my trainers at 10pm finally got to me...

Quote:

Is it not very different with great big skis on? Seeing as the weight is not in the centre of the ski, it is going to help throw you off axis, and the extra weight sticking out is going to slow you down (like sticking your arms out).

But you probably get more "hang time" off a ramp then the air time one gets from jumping up in their slippers though...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So, when are you making the atempt? ..and can I sell tickets Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
is thinking that it could be fun trying a 360 tomorrow morning on 202cm skis at Hemel !!!!!

Maybe I should take my shovel!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy