Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing - hidden dangers!

Poster: A snowHead
VAIL — Matthew Bourke was teaching a ski lesson Monday when he saw someone pointing a gun at him from the chairlift, police say.

The incident happened Monday at about 12:15 p.m., when Bourke, 26, a ski instructor for the Lionshead ski and snowboard school was with his class of 12 children on a trail above Lionshead, Eagle County Sheriff’s Deputy Gianni Robinson said.

“(Bourke) had observed a person on the chairlift hold out what appeared to be a rifle. So he dove into the snow in anticipation of being shot,” Robinson said. “He was afraid for his life when the firearm was aimed at him.”

Bourke did not return calls left at the ski school Tuesday. But Robinson said Bourke was shocked.
From the distance, Robinson said, Bourke couldn’t tell the weapon pointed at him was a BB gun. One of the BB gun’s pellets hit Bourke’s left shoulder, but didn’t pierce his jacket. He told the deputy he felt pain in his shoulder, and he also suffered a large welt and bruise.
The shooting is believed to be an isolated incident, Robinson said.
“He’s dumbfounded,” Robinson said of the instructor. “He doesn’t have any idea who would try to hurt him. He said he has no enemies.”

Bourke told police the suspect, who is still at large, was a man on skis.

“What’s concerning is that we don’t have any leads or identity,” Robinson said.

Jen Brown, a spokeswoman for Vail Mountain, also said the shooting was very unusual and an isolated incident.

“We’ve made every effort to locate the individual involved based upon the description that was given. We will continue to work with the Sheriff’s Office,” Brown said.

Robinson said police were called about an hour after the shooting. “Anyone in a similar situation should call 911 immediately,” he said.

Bourke, who had noticed the suspect was on Chair 8, called the chairlift operator to tell him to stop the lift, Robinson said.

“By the time the chair operator stopped the chairs, it was too late, the suspect had already left,” Robinson said.

Vail Security and Vail Ski Patrol were informed but they were unable to locate the suspect. Bourke continued his class with the children until 3:30 p.m. and didn’t go to the hospital for treatment.

A pellet gun is considered a firearm, Robinson said.

“We don’t know what kind of weapon this was,” he said. “It was a short-barrel firearm.”

The suspect could be charged with aggravated second degree assault and the use of a deadly weapon, which is a felony that can carry a sentence of up to 16 years in prison, District Attorney Mark Hurlbert said.

Veronica Whitney can be reached at vwhitney@vaildaily.com

Vail Colorado

I'm not sure that my insurance would cover me for that!
Is WTFH still in Vail?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nope. I left on Sunday, and I have witnesses.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The only gun WTFH would point at anyone would be a snow gun. It all began with water pistols.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith wrote:
The only gun WTFH would point at anyone would be a snow gun. It all began with seth pistols.

So true... snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't know, you go to enormous effort and expense to rid the planet of the World’s greatest code mangler and the idiot you hire gets there a week late!

OK Epic . . . it’s your turn to try next.

Maybe we should call him Wear The Cat Hat, t’booger seems to have nine lives wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat, I've always assumed that you could turn water into wine, but water into seth is pretty impressive too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What's seth, by the way, and is it safe to drink?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, some say that dogs are more effective than guns, when it comes to dispatching foxes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith, it's the same as pith, just a different colour.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
laundryman wrote:
Masque, some say that dogs are more effective than guns, when it comes to dispatching foxes.

Not sure how much a lift pass for twenty horses and riders plus a hundred dogs would cost, though.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skanky, It'd be worth it!
What a magnificent sight, Fuxup being pursued down the piste by a baying pack, the pink clad riders thundering at their heels, the keen descant of the whipper-in’s horn . . . God, it brings a tear to your eye and makes you proud to be part of this culture (sic). Twisted Evil
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, I thought a dog had hold of him at this years ESA wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Saas Fee charges 1/4 fare for "large dogs".
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Somewhere in the Bish household I have a photograph of Bish jnr riding a shetland pony and wearing full skiing gear and skis at the same time. Would this be suitable for the chase? I don't have any dogs though, but would a pack of 3 badly behaved cats do instead? Tally oh oh oh......here pussy!! Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Since when has hat hunting involved dogs?
ski holidays
marc gledhill, I see you've been talking with the guy that services the hot tub Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Quote:

David Goldsmith, it's the same as pith, just a different colour

Quote:

marc gledhill, I see you've been talking with the guy that services the hot tub

Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley Shocked
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
the World’s greatest code mangler

I don't want to alarm you, but on another snow forum, the following can be found:

Moderator: WTFH

And the thing is, the forum in question is run by a business... Shocked
snow conditions
Just how well do they know you Fox? NehNeh
snow report
VERY
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, But;......that Forum only has 1093 registered users 'cos everyones here with snowHead snowHead snowHead 2150 registered snowHeads
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, No sorry I was confused thats the other other forum .........
ski holidays
boredsurfin, nope, you're right, 1093 users.
But that's since 06/10/04
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, But is that reliable? Your post count is at 3488 for all 5 posts on this page, mines not changed either! Puzzled
ski holidays
boredsurfin, your post count is not specific per post - it's the total overall.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy