Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Well-balanced quiver..

Poster: A snowHead
Managed to snap up a pair of Salomon 2v's for a really good price.

I'm quite happy, as it seems I now have a well-balanced quiver..

Salomon 2V 170cm
Rossignol Bandit B2 174cm
K2 Hellbent 179cm

(after I get rid of the scratches, pm me if your interested)

so I've got a piste ski, a crossover ski and an all out powder ski. Which I'm quite happy with, but then again..

I'm wanting a park ski and I've hopefully secured a pair of K2 Disorderly's and I still want a pair of Salomon Pocket Rockets with touring bindings for winter time on the hills around me.

Still not perfect, but its better than before... and getting to a finished quiver! snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By the time you finish it, I'm prepared to bet you'll ewant to update parts of it!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm amazingly quite happy with my quiver - currently Dynastar Contact 4x4s (178) and Lhasa Pows (196). Thought I'd miss having twin tips but meh. Can't really travel, or afford to have more skis. Dukes going on my Lhasas next year though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
189 hellbents..187 XXL's..186 pro riders..186 black crows navis (with dukes)...that's my lot for 3-4 years...

okbye
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ahh, heres mind from last season and how I justified it, ahem....

1. Icelantic Shaman 184...sick skis, curvy shape so all mountain fats when we need to hit the piste a little!
2. Icelantic Da'nollie 180...super fun soft freestyle sticks, my buttering ski!
3. Dynastar troublemaker 182...piste jibber
4. Another Troublemaker 182...1/2 pipe
5. Liberty Hazmats 186...all mountain jibbing
6. WhiteDot proto ONE's 180...rails
7. WhiteDot proto Preachers... pow trees
8. WhiteDot proto Redeemers...gotta keep 'em, serial number 007 fer chrissakes!
9. WhiteDot production Redeemers...the sickest ski EVER!

Now some people might say I have issues...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
the_doc, or, access to free skis Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmmm,

Nordica Dobermann SL-R (165) - awesome all mountain & powder ski

Rossignol 9X WC (183) - for blasting through crud

Rossignol 9X WC (190) - a little turn-ier than full on DH boards

Rip'n'Wud FRC (188) for biiiig powder days

Now, what am I missing?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scott Mission 183 for...well just about everything

Kastle RX Equipe 195 (circa 1986) for...posterity

...and given my history that's probably my lot for the next 23-24 years

More than one pair (no matter how old or unused) = a quiver(??)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name, same as me really - a softer ski that's more messing around type sking that I'm not convinced I'd ever use, and a touring setup....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So all you folks that have huge quivers, do you all live near the mountains so you don't have to cart them all there, or do you drive there solo and fill the car up? I can't imagine how you make use of them all if you have to fly to your destinations.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the_doc, touring skis?

My quiver

Wild Duck Mountain 159 for rocky days.
HSFC Empire 164 for pretty much all days (everyday is a powder day if you ski with us)
Atomic Poacher 171 splitboard for proper touring

Libery Lightspeed 175s for the one day in 100 I feel like skiing

The other board is another HSFC Empire that got smashed on a rock, was easier to stick with what you know is a great board.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't really consider mine a quiver as there's a lot of overlap but at last count there were 11 potentially usuable pairs of skis (including obsolete Y shaped carvers and 2 pairs tele) and 3 boards (1 alpine). I definitely have a problem. Used in the past 12 months - 5 pairs of skis and 1 board.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
milnerhome, Just buy a Navis and you got the lot.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum wrote:
So all you folks that have huge quivers, do you all live near the mountains so you don't have to cart them all there, or do you drive there solo and fill the car up? I can't imagine how you make use of them all if you have to fly to your destinations.

5 pairs and I have used 4 of them this year. Take 2-3 pairs away when I go.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum, You can fit 2 pairs of skis in a ski bag when you fly no problem.
snow conditions
I'm on:

Rossi 9S 165
Head im82 172
Icelantic Shaman 173
Rossi S3 186
Dyna Huge Trouble 185

Something for everyone in there I reckon Very Happy
latest report
DaveC, I don't feel the need for a softer ski, although I am definitely going to have a proper day on Mantras first chance I get and have a serious look at Gotamas and (yes, yes, I know) ... Kuros. If I do make an acquisition I have a pair of Naxos in the garage that will probably go onto them, for light touring.

Megamum, I think you'll find many of the posters live near the hill. Then again, AFAIK, fatbob lives in London. I cannot imagine his state of mind when packing for a trip... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
under a new name my collection has expanded in the past couple of years through a number of sub £100 purchases on ebay etc - essentially I have a number of loaner & rock skis. Plus reslistically a couple of pairs will never be skied by anyone again being 10+ years old. I still have a problem though.
latest report
Ah, if talking musem pieces... we also have

Rossignol 7SK (201) circa 1997, barely used
Rossignol 9XO (160) - rockhopping only
Volkl P20 (190)
Volkl P50 (150)
Lamborghini Somethings, circa 1975 (185) (I don't know whether these are related to the cars??)

And a pile of Kneissl slalom skis in varying lengths...
snow conditions
Quote:

(everyday is a powder day if you ski with us)

Ever the optimist.

PM Gear Lhasa pow 186 carbons w/dukes. Most days. Up to an hour uphill.

PM Gear 179 Bro model w/st10s. Touring, reasonably lightweight for their size. Early model, now falling to bits.

Scott Mission 178 w/p12s. Everything else. Bit turny. Took a cracking header on the last day of the season as a result of this.

Probably going to buy something else to replace the Lhasas as I have to go back to skiing holidays rather than skiing full time and it takes my legs about 20 days to get used to them. This situation blows. Probably go with Coombacks.

Megamum, carting stuff around is a bit of an issue. I prefer to take the train and have a Dakine concourse roller bag. Basically it looks like a body bag for Peter Crouch with wheels on it. It will swallow two pairs of skis, boots and pretty much everything else you need.
ski holidays
I'm thinking i need to sell some skis,

Zag FSBC 184 (super soft use on the dry slopes)
Atomic SXB5 174 (superstiff and need to sell lol)
Scott Punisher 191 (if I'm only allowed to take one pair of skis its these)
Amplid C7 185 (great on the piste)
Line Sir francis Bacon (pow ski and just great fun to ski)
ski holidays
Quote:

the_doc, touring skis?

Ahh, allready got it covered, hmm 2011 Ragnarokk or Preacher with some Dukes to replace my old Alpine Trekkers!
snow conditions
Currently:

165 Dynastar Sultan 85 - teaching ski and when I'll only be out on hard packed piste, wish I had 172s
176 Dynastar Big Troubles with Dukes, everyday fun mess-a-bout ski, upto an hour or so of touring

Next year I'll be adding a pow monster, probably one of the S7 variants, currently thinking 0N3P Billy Goats (although I'm tempted by Huge Troubles/Sixth Sense Huges jsut to continue the Dyna theme). Season after I'll have to decide between adding a slalom, GS or cheater GS style piste ski (likely end up with Head Supershapes... I think... That will possibly make the Sultans obsolute, unless I add lighter touring bindings for longer tours...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy