Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet/appartment owners 2010/11 questions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowHead

Looking into getting a place, three bed would be nice, for the whole of Jan (kinda mini season) and have a few questions:

Jan the 1st is a Sat, seeing as though this is still Bank Holiday time is this going to push up the price of the fisrt week in Jan?

I obviously don't want to pay for full month I will pay more than 2 weeks but would like to pay for less than 3 weeks, does this sound unreasnable seeing as though few chalets are booked all month in Jan?

Do ski areas do reduced month passes or is the only reduction on season passes?

Thanks in advace, did have more questions flying around my head but can't remember then now. Will add them as I recall them!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
manicpb, Few chalets stay empty for New Year week, and as it is the most expensive week of the season, I'd guess most owners won't be willing to sell January at a knock down price, if it means they will lose their most lucrative week. You may well find that a lot of places are already booked for New Year, which would mean you would need to be happy/willing to take occupancy from the end of that week onwards. As January CAN be slow (I never know why, as I love to ski then Very Happy ), if you are willing to forgo New Year, you may well find what you want at a good price. This Christmas/New Year dates are a bit odd as many people won't want to travel out or home on Christmas Day or NYD (both the classic changeover day of Saturday) so the changeover days will probably change. Worth looking on the likes of Chalets Direct and contacting some owners to get an idea of your options.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
manicpb, lots seem to be moving their changeover day to either a Friday or Sunday over Xmas and New Year, then going back to Saturday the following week. You might be lucky and get someone with a Sunday changeover that is vacant from Jan 2nd. Prices are often dictated by the dates the schools go back,and I think they are back in the middle of that first week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
manicpb,
Quote:

Jan the 1st is a Sat, seeing as though this is still Bank Holiday time is this going to push up the price of the fisrt week in Jan?

I wouldn't think so. We are running the New Year week from 26th Dec to 2nd Jan (Sunday to Sunday) and have priced the 1st week in January (from 2nd Jan) at the low season price.
Quote:

I obviously don't want to pay for full month I will pay more than 2 weeks but would like to pay for less than 3 weeks, does this sound unreasnable seeing as though few chalets are booked all month in Jan?

You may be able to strike a deal with somebody, probably nearer the time. Usually the first couple of weeks in January are quiet, fortunately for us we have the first and last week in January already booked for next year.
Quote:

Do ski areas do reduced month passes or is the only reduction on season passes?

It will probably be as cheap to buy a season pass. Last season a 21 day Paradiski pass was 759 euros and a season pass was 958 euros
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all, time to contact a few owners and find out there changeover days then.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try these people: http://www.bradfordsfarm.co.uk/apartment/ Kath lets her apartment on a fairly casual basis, as she's not out to maximise income on it, so might be open to offers.

If you're in resort for a month you might find it chaper to buy a season pass, but you're unlikely to get any discount as the price per day is already significantly reduced.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy