Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes, Spring & Summer 2010

Poster: A snowHead
sounds like its still a great summer there!!!! we have had some new snowfall in New Zealand and I think are expecting more although its quite warm!!!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sarah, You'll just have to come and see it for yourself won't you??? that's a thought ... instead of posting to try and stir up visitors, perhaps if I stopped more people would come!

Butterfly, It's still much better than this time last year though. If I don't work too hard today I'll go up tomorrow, but I might not have the energy! Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very pleasant day, cooler than of late (GOOD), but still warm in the sun all day - you just had to be facing south and protected from the north wind. Very Happy I'm really hoping for some precipitation before it gets really hot again.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doing a snow dance for you.. Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Butterfly, thanks. Very Happy Sunny again this morning and chilly, but 30k wind on the glacier apparently. Certainly not worth going up when I could get on with the decorating and earn some dosh! Campsite welcome meetings again this afternoon - maybe - you never know. fingers crossed.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I had beginners today - OH boy! the wind was around 50-60K. Sad Quite horrid for the poor peeps. Not much fun for me either! It was cold, cold cold - my toes were froze! Shocked I'll be writing the blog in a mo and have some photos - very pretty skies today, so have a peep. So shattered on coming down that I slept all afternoon! rolling eyes OTOH the snow barely softened at all, there had been a dusting overnight too so it bodes well for tomorrow. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What a difference a day makes! Sunny and positively hot today compared to recent temps (was too warm in long sleeved polo and soft shell). Very Happy Today's beginner had a really nice time up on the flats at the top of the Puy Salié. As ever, the only problem was walking back up. It really is quite hard at 3,400m. Shocked If only they'd left the old rope tow up when they made the new nursery slope ...... that's too steep for first timers. Sad

I held the video on the way down (pair on skis on one shoulder and video in the other hand), so in about 30 mins I'm going to download it and put it in the blog for today. A complete run down the Puy Salié as long as I haven't cocked it up! Laughing Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not such a good day today. It ws foggy and cloudy, so I postponed my student who would be driving up from grenoble just for the lesson. It really didn't seem fair after Tuesday in the wind to allow the poor guy to have another bad day. We're hoping for better weather next Tuesday. Very Happy It's cleared up this evening and it's nice and crisp. It would be really nice though, if it had snowed a bit up there when it rained down here. No idea though! Wait and see. I have a lot to do tomorrow, but had to leave my skis out yesterday so I need to get up there and move them into the store.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fog & cloud - yuck.... but then as Iscream reminded me on Monday, sometimes it's better not to see where the instructor's taking you!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, hope you got some snow. It was pretty cold here today at 1550m, and dull and wet - I went out only to dash into the neighbours' for a midday drink. Good forecast for tomorrow. Very odd weather - it was over 30 degrees down in Albertville yesterday afternoon.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, Not clear from the webcam if it snowed. It didn't actually rain for long here. I think I'll go up on teles tomorrow for a short while, but too much to do today and there was some wind early on.

Lovely day here, Apartment cleaned and ready for new visitors tomorrow, linen int he wash (waiting for the machine to finish so I can hang it out), and soon off to Nico's apartment to continue with the painting. Nerly finished that one now. Anyone want to buy a small studio Pied a Terre here with garden and covered parking?? Needs a spot of work, but not too much. Only 20 sq m though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Beautiful day, fabulous snow right to the end, and hardly anyone up there. Very Happy Up on teles, brilliant. Very Happy full report and pix on the blog - sorry if it's a pain to get over there, but it's hard to do it more than once! rolling eyes (+ the pix are bigger)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, Blog is great thanks, better where it is and I still hate you wink Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller, Thank you. It gets networked to FB & Twitter, so Snowheads is now the odd one out. Sad

Up today with beginners (hasidic Jews) which was funny, but the snow wasn't great today. Good for the beginners though - soft and fairly sludgy really quite early. Still, nice views and I took the video that Butterfly asked for of peeps negotiating the last exposed bit of glacier at the end of business.

The forecast for tomorrow isn't good, so it'll be anoracks at dawn! Laughing More in the usual place. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski wrote:
pam w, Not clear from the webcam if it snowed. It didn't actually rain for long here. I think I'll go up on teles tomorrow for a short while, but too much to do today and there was some wind early on.

Lovely day here, Apartment cleaned and ready for new visitors tomorrow, linen int he wash (waiting for the machine to finish so I can hang it out), and soon off to Nico's apartment to continue with the painting. Nerly finished that one now. Anyone want to buy a small studio Pied a Terre here with garden and covered parking?? Needs a spot of work, but not too much. Only 20 sq m though.

Hmmm - how much are we looking at?
ski holidays
little tiger, 55,000 euros private sale. Obviously more through an agency. Will be getting something up on the website inthe next day or two.
snow report
Oh! Not nice today. Cloudy and a bit foggy and cold. Also the snow was rubbish! I'm afraid it rained on the glacier yesterday and it's been raining down here + thunderstorms this afternoon, and not really cold enough to hope for snow up there. Sad Still, if it keeps up overnight we might be lucky. I haven't written the blog yet but I got one dramatic shot of the Ecrins and one horrid one of what it looked like at the end of today's skiing.
snow report
stayed in town today, foggy int he morning but nice and sunny in the afternoon, and clear now. Up working tomorrow so we'll see what we can see. Very Happy
snow report
easiski, Looking at the web cam you've gone up to nice fresh snow. Very jealous. Are the LDA webcams the highest in the Alps?
latest report
thefatcontroller, It's been raining on an off down here all day. 0 degs arouns 2,600 and coooollllllllddddd! That means snow (as you say) up top. Very Happy If it's clear I'll go up on teles and if not I might still go on alpines - just for the hell of it. Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, Looks good on the webcams Cool

http://www.2alpes.com/pages/en/48/les-2-alpes-webcams-glacier-panoramic-webcam-vallee-blanche-foot-of-the-slopes.html
ski holidays
easiski, snowHead I was thinking of you today - it was only 5 degrees here for much of the day, mist and cloud swirling all around and a fair bit of rain. We painted a wall. Doesn't sound much but masses of stuff had to come off it and I had to dismantle all the TV and DVD stuff, then remember how it all went together. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit of fresh snow up on the top of the Grand Mont tomorrow. Bon ski.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, pam w, Snow down to quite low over the valley, going up shortly. Hmmmm? alpine or tele? Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, Choices, choices. Today the choices for me are conference calls or..............................conference calls Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
thefatcontroller, Sorry to hear it! Sad

We had winter snow and conditions on the glacier today. Sun and packed powder. In some places at the end of the day there was even patches of actualy powder. People were all over the wall and the whole glacier is now white and stayed white all day. Really great.

There's a huge photofest on the blog! Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski, I was dreading your blog Crying or Very sad wink Laughing
latest report
easiski, looks great. snowHead
snow report
easiski, Sad For me, snowHead for you.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller, You know - LDA is doable for a weekend, fri night to sun night ... train or plane, even in summer there are options. GVA is possible and Lyon. Train to GRN .. Very Happy

Lovely day today, but I didn't go up on account of seriously aching ankle after yesterday and lots of easi-apartments work this afternoon. Cold night, sunny day ... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Ahh - just home after a week away and a set of easiski blogs to catch up with (far more fun than catching up with work!). Thanks for the vid of peeps on the bare glacier - looks yucky but they seem happy enough! I'd really like to see it first hand but suspect I would NOT want to ski it Laughing

What have you done to your ankle?

BTW - It's now possible Fiona & Co may postpone a family trip until her stepsons could go too. If so, she says she is seriously tempted by March again Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy