Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what do you want to see in a TO website

Poster: A snowHead
The hotel Renzi is on it (the Italian site)
It says it's dirty.
Take it from me, it's not.
Or, if you won't take it from me as I may be biased, then ask any of the 8 snowHead 's who stayed there this year on one of our trips.

The review is incorrect but how can the hotel get it removed.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wayne, they can ask other guests who feel it is wrong to post decent reviews. And managers can respond to pejorative reviews and have that response visible. But if other people don't feel positively enough about the hotel to post decent reviews which make the truth clear, then maybe the hotel is doing something wrong?...

My fovourite Italian hotel had no TA reviews at all, so last year we asked them it they wanted one. They said yes, and others have followed us,
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stoatsbrother,
Hmmmm still convinced about that.

Oh well,
New website "almost" ready.

Thanks to everyone who has suggested things already.
Now I understand that a few people like to tell ski TO's how they should run their businesses and generally throw a Pandora when feel it’s not up to standard, so here your chance.

I have been looking at this for 2 weeks now and am going blind staring at PHP codes and CSS styles. Aaaarrggghhh Toofy Grin

Anyway here is a FREE offer (well sort of free as you have to work to get it Puzzled )

A free hat to the 1st 10 people who can tell me of at least 3 spelling errors (that no-one else spotted), or any links that don't work and anything else wrong with it.

These are the hats. As you can see they are genuine Wigan designed, Chinese factory made quality and have a no-fall-over guarantee. Not only will they improve your ski technique but will also make you extremely desirable to the opposite sex.

I will PM you for your postal address and post them out to you. And, as an added incentive, I will even bless each hat as it is packed, can’ say fairer than that. I will post a list of who get the hats

Web site http://www.ukoutdoorpursuits.org/

I have deleted all the other site addresses that I can from this post so it's not all over google as it's only a temp web address. And I will delete that one above soon

Note the website address will be deleted on the 1st of June when it will be uploaded to the main site. So if you read this after 1/6/10 I know it doesn't work. wink

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 21-05-10 10:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wayne...

1) Your link in that post doesn't work Wink
2) Here I would throw a full stop after the hotlinked 'available'.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ooops

I have changed it.

1st hat on it's way
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.ukoutdoorpursuits.org/pages/folgarida_other_terms_and_condidtions.html
12 a -- "may, (at our discretion), allow" Having both commas and brackets seems unnecessary.

13 o -- All other paragraphs use "a", "b" etc. But does a single sub-paragraph need a label? See also para "1 a" which does not have a "1 b".

15 -- perhaps change to "... obtain all required inoculations." or "... obtain all necessary inoculations.".

17 -- (Not a fault, just a question) Do you or should you ask for proof of insurance?

20 -- Suggest "airports", ie make plural. I believe the CAA only controls UK air travel. Should you refer to the equivalent foreign authorities?

23 -- What does "generally" mean here? I think the word should be deleted. Also maybe the word "standard" should be deleted.

25 c -- The phrase " by a reduction or increase" seems unnecessary.

29 -- Add a full stop.

32 a b c -- The a b c are not really part of 32, they apply to 30 and 31 as well. Consider renumbering in this area. Maybe a (new number) starting "In the event of you being excluded from the holiday" and then the remaining bits of a b and c.

33 d 4 -- In "as soon the your booking" delete "the".

34 -- Change "when-ever" to "whenever".

34 -- Should you add "Icelandic volcanoes"?

Bottom of page link to "contact us" links to "http://www.ukoutdoorpursuits.org/pages/folgarida_contact_us.html" which just says "This is a test of the contact page".
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wayne wrote:
A free hat to the 1st 10 people who can tell me of at least 3 spelling errors (that no-one else spotted), or any links that don't work and anything else wrong with it.

Do they share it on a monthly basis?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Adrian,

2nd Hat on 1st way

http://www.ukoutdoorpursuits.org/pages/folgarida_other_terms_and_condidtions.html
12 a -- "may, (at our discretion), allow" Having both commas and brackets seems unnecessary.
OK - changed

13 o -- All other paragraphs use "a", "b" etc. But does a single sub-paragraph need a label? See also para "1 a" which does not have a "1 b".
OK - changed

15 -- perhaps change to "... obtain all required inoculations." or "... obtain all necessary inoculations.".
No, as this would require a definition of necessary whereas "required" is not subjective
17 -- (Not a fault, just a question) Do you or should you ask for proof of insurance?
No - as this would involve us in the insurance process, which we can't be

20 -- Suggest "airports", ie make plural. I believe the CAA only controls UK air travel. Should you refer to the equivalent foreign authorities?
No – it is airport singular as in the airport concerned as opposed to airports which is a general definition
23 -- What does "generally" mean here? I think the word should be deleted. Also maybe the word "standard" should be deleted.
No as passengers are required to adhere in a general sense to airline regulations. 25 c -- The phrase " by a reduction or increase" seems unnecessary.
This is a strict requirement of the Tour Operators regs and “must” be included.29 -- Add a full stop.
OK - changed

32 a b c -- The a b c are not really part of 32, they apply to 30 and 31 as well. Consider renumbering in this area. Maybe a (new number) starting "In the event of you being excluded from the holiday" and then the remaining bits of a b and c.
Good point - Changed
33 d 4 -- In "as soon the your booking" delete "the".
OK - changed

34 -- Change "when-ever" to "whenever".
OK - changed

34 -- Should you add "Icelandic volcanoes"?
Believe me when I say that we have looked at this but are still “chatting” to our insurance Co. About this
Bottom of page link to "contact us" links to "http://www.ukoutdoorpursuits.org/pages/folgarida_contact_us.html" which just says "This is a test of the contact page".
Ooops - Changed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Adrian,

Yep you were right. I was wrong. Just asked Mrs Wayne to look at it and she agreed with you so I have changed it.
Paaaah. Lawyers, what-da-they-know Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wayne, on this page
http://www.ukoutdoorpursuits.org/pages/divert_booking.html#
I'd go for

1) Decide...
2) Choose...

but that might just be me Toofy Grin

However, the link to ability in 'If yes - their skiing ability' doesn't work, which is definately not just me! Do I win a hat yet? Little Angel

Actually, I don't like 'Folgarida ski-rama' on the home page either, but for all I know, that could be the official name. 'Folgarida ski area' would work better for me... Just being picky here though!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jo225 wrote:
Wayne, on this page
http://www.ukoutdoorpursuits.org/pages/divert_booking.html#
I'd go for

1) Decide...
2) Choose...

but that might just be me Toofy Grin

However, the link to ability in 'If yes - their skiing ability' doesn't work, which is definately not just me! Do I win a hat yet? Little Angel

Actually, I don't like 'Folgarida ski-rama' on the home page either, but for all I know, that could be the official name. 'Folgarida ski area' would work better for me... Just being picky here though!

I like Decide and Choose wink
The Ski-Rama is the offical name so I can't really change it.

But yes you get a hat for the link not working. It does now. Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wayne, http://www.ukoutdoorpursuits.org/pages/folgarida_skiing_our_slopes.html . High millage should be high mileage.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hells Bells wrote:
Wayne, http://www.ukoutdoorpursuits.org/pages/folgarida_skiing_our_slopes.html . High millage should be high mileage.

ooops.

A hat on it's way

Will PM you
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.ukoutdoorpursuits.org/pages/folgairda_holiday_costs.html

Not sctrictly on the suite but the page address, while it works, is wrongly spelt

attractive prices mind, wish I could commit and make a booking but circumstances do not permit
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nbt,
Oh yeah. Well spotted. It still worked as it was wrong on the DWT so it just cloned accross to all other page links.

Will PM you

Hat on it way
snow conditions
Wayne wrote:
Hat on it way

on "its" way ? ...... (ok, I know it doesn't get a hat, but I have looked at the website)
snow report
holidayloverxx,
You should send me one for that Very Happy

To all the people who have PM'ed, hats are off to the post office in about half an hour

Thanks again

Maybe Mr Admin or TallTone will do my next site for me (would only take em 10mins) if I give em lots of hats? We do have quite a few
snow conditions
Hmmm.

What odds on a Snowheads Bash in Folgarida at some point - a January / February birthday bash trip, maybe
snow report
Wayne, thanks for the hat. I let a friend model it.
latest report
My hat dropped through the door first thing this morning. Pretty good quality for a "free" hat!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy