Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is this skier good enough for BASI exams?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Shorts... turn to right not grippy early enough due to lack of extension onto left leg due to stance being to narrow... needs to be more lateral and positive extension of leg... body management issues means input errors. The terrain is steep enough but there is too much pivoting going on and grip after the fall line. After 2 weeks of Level 2 I reckon most trainers would get her up to the standard required therefore at the moment the answer would be 'nearly, but work to do.' Also (possibly due to camber of the slope) there is insufficient lateral and rot sep on turn to right and as a result the ski has problems gripping on that side... javelins skimottaret!

Longs... camera angle makes tough to see but I don't think she is clean on the carve. When she is clean in the second half of the turn then it is park and ride and again stance needs to be wider so she can stand on the ski more and move from the ankles upwards. I need to see head on a little more before being able to give better answer. Again I think like the longs with a little work over 2 weeks she would probably become a 'probable.'

In general she could do with a little more ankle flex but relatively minor as being 'task' output focused in BASI these days means the task is the important thing rather than position and movement orientated. But more active extension and flexion will probably solve this outright anyway.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman, yeah your right... her hand carriage with elbows tucked in causes a stiff hunched back.

Steve yeah the stance is a bit narrow and partly due to the hunched tucked stance, i also think she is over flexed at the knees most times and she uses a retraction move and pushes the skis out, be better if as you and rob say if she extends with a longer leg and got bigger angles on the LR turns should help with the park and ride as well.

defo would need some javelins, extension drills and buckets of braquagy stuff to improve separation on the shorts... but not bad for a one week a year holiday skier snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret, get her booked on the L2 Hintertux course this summer?

Eva is doing it, I'm sure they would both enjoy have a familiar face of the same age
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp, She has exams this summer and a few resits so not sure it will be possible this go around.... she still needs to do her second lot of 35 hours
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, school exams are long finished and it is the summer holidays by Hintertux time....it starts 30 July.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy