Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which plate and bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was looking through the recent basi newsletter and saw the 10/11 stockli offer, and i was thinking about the laser cross pro as a perfect ski to do my isia on, trouble is the distributor can supply them either flat or with only the salomon kz12 smartrak binding. Does anyone have any experience with this binding? I hated the tyrolia railflex bindings systems, but like the freeflex bindings and sp13 plate, is the smartrak similar, or is it more for lower end skiing use? As this ski will be mainly used for piste performance, are there any recommendations on what plate to use, or will it be best just to use the salomon plate (im guessing the ski is designed in conjunction with it)? unfortunately my budget doesnt extend to vist plates/bindings........
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends what smart track they are putting on the ski there are many types! best thing to do is to look at the salomon skis and compare the plates, it will give u an idea on where the plate sits in the range.

Personally not very familiar with the stockli range but if the ski is 80+ under foot I wouldn't bother with a plate, Personally think you get alot more feeling through the ski!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its the "smartrak control fast" plate, had a look at the salomon website and it seems that it is middle/lower end, cant understand why stockli have it on their gs/sl skis in the 2011 catalogue........the ski is 70mm underfoot, will mounting flat make that much difference to piste performance?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skifluff, the 'mounting flat' advantage has far less to do with the waist of the ski and everything to do with how much time you will spend on edge vs. on the flat of the skis.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skifluff, Perosonally find when on narrower skis that you need the riser to save from booting out! 70mm I would be looking for some sort of plate! The smart track isn't bad by any means, very easy to adjust and lets the ski flex beneath it! think you can get plates for vist bindings... although can't see this being a very cheap option!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had the Smarttrack on both my SL and GS race skis. Did not like them much, plenty of flex very surprised its an option on a WC ski!. I now have VIST WC plates and bindings They are not cheap though! I am getting rid of my SL ski at the end of May. It has VIST Speedlock Race with a 15mm riser. I was going to get rid of the ski and binding for £260, cant really do your exams on it though.

They are a very nice choice of ski, I did have pair snap on me but the service was great and they were replaced soon enough.

If you will consider any other makes you can get a good deal from Head for example. A WC GS ski is £362 with the top Freeflex binding. (PM if you would like a contact, price is based on L2, higher level = better discount)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy