Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April Skiing in La Clusaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well the lifts have finally closed here in La Clusaz. It has been my eleventh season here and it has been yet another perfect, but as always, sad end. I got to the lifts good and early on the last Sunday and realised that my seasons pass was worth no more than all the day passes people were buying. The snow was a little hard first thing but softened up by about 10h30 and we then had a great few hours of perfect spring snow, superb both on and off piste. There was no problem skiing all the way to the bottom (I have skied to the bottom all 11 years I have been here on the last day) and at the top of La Clusaz there was 310cms of snow, this is more than any other resort in the whole French Alps. I always tell people that La Clusaz is a great place to come in April with north facing slopes going up to 2600M the snow is always good. Anyway it won't be long before the lifts open again, let's hope for some early snow as if it comes the lifts will be open again in November (only 5 months to wait!!!!).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TSquare, Only been to La Clusaz once but had a great time and I would well recommend it for a ski holiday. Must go back someday Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TSquare, might be looking at La Clusaz for weekend in March with girlfriends. Any ideas for weekend stay, **/*** hotels, clean & comfy (not luxury) and of course, handy for slopes?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been to La Clusaz three times; lovely French village atmosphere; Aravis pass gets you to Grand Bornand and Chinaillon as well as the five LC ski areas, daughter enjoyed skiing all these, whilst I had the hiker's pass. Walking the Beauregard Plateau by moonlight - unforgettable. Happy memories.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was in La Clusaz in late march this year and had 3 great days of skiing.Lovely town with friendly locals and only 1 hour from Geneva.The skiing is top class too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I enjoyed La Clusaz while while there for a long weekend early Feb this year, although I wouldn't stay in Saint Jean de Sixt again, the bus to and from the slopes was a ball-ache and the road out of La Clusaz on Friday/Saturday/Sunday evening was like the M25 on a bad day.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been out for the last two Christmases and intend to be out again this year. I love it out there, despite being from an island and missing the sea whenever I am inland, I could quite happily see me living out there. It is stunningly beautiful.

Currently trying to work out a trip out in Summer to see the sights when they are green
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr John, We always stay in St Jean and thought it was ideal. It does take ages if you dont get off the mountain (Grand Bo or La Clusaz) by 4. Anything after that and you are in the queue for ages. Bit of pain not being able to walk onto the slopes, but to my mind, it is great that you go a few mins either way on a free bus and you are at two totally different 'resorts'.

Pizza shop in St Jean is brilliant too Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
agree the position is great if you're going to do Grand Bo as well, but I like to walk off the slopes and not have to worry about any more transport. Have to say though, we ate a couple of time in a cracking restaurant in St Jean, Le Peille or something like that. Beautiful steak and a very very good bottle of Mercury, can't go wrong.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Lou
I am not that "up" on hotels in the area but I have a lot of friends who run either catered or self catering chalets, most of them are listed on these two websites - http://www.laclusazchalets.com/ and http://www.grandbornandchalets.com/. If you are looking for someone to ski or board with drop me a line, I always enjoy showing people the many great routes there are around here.
Trekked up on my skins this morning and got some great turns in. Also heard today that next year La Clusaz will be remaining open an extra week, until the 1st of May - great news (feeling really exhausted right now from having to go up this morning without a ski lift!!). Also read that right now with us having 310cms we have got twice as much snow at the top as Tignes 155cms. These are the current levels at some other French resorts Val Thorens - 170cms, La Plagne 215cms, Meribel 150cms, Courcheval 145cms, Les Gets 120cms, Megeve 110cms, Chatel 110cms. It is just a shame that more people don't come skiing this time of year as then the lift would remain open.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TSquare
Completely share your views of this wonderful under-rated piece of the French Alps - just finished my 6th season as a GB local and there still seem to be endless possibilities for new off piste adventures in the Aravis and Bornes mountains. Always looking for people to team up and ski with.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TSquare, cheers for that. I will take a look later...... snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lou - we stayed at Hotel Alpen Roc in La Clusaz - was fairly central and a short walk to the slopes from what I remember. We booked it directly rather than through TO and I think it worked out cheaper that way.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowymum, thanks. I have a feeling I may have asked this question here before Embarassed We usually go back to the same place as they come up with good deals (think we have paid the same last three years!) but this year they are slow in getting back to us and it's time for a change.......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy