Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow & Board Camp Tignes October Half Term 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This seems to have gone a bit more more un-noticed this year. However I'm sure there will still be plenty of snowHead 's there, if so post here. Can't put this in snowEvents.

I shall be there 24th - 27th October with my 14 year old daughter. Never been glacier skiing pre season before so I thought I'd try it out. Will be looking to do some of the TDC courses there, I believe that's the best way of getting more out of glacier skiing.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is it definitely confirmed, is there a website up yet?

EDIT: oops, just found the site - looks like another good deal, might be interested Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check out http://www.snoworks.co.uk/# for summer and autumn courses in Tignes. Many are based in conjunction with mountainsun at the Melaze
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roga, we are running some stuff with them as well
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, cool - details on your site?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought I'd bump this now that the EOSB crowd is returning. Anyone else there half term week?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just booked some lessons with TDC. 2 x 3 hours performance clinic and 1 x 3 hours speed clinic. Anyone else there that week?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll bump this one last time as it's only 3 weeks or so away to see if anyone else is there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, thanks, I'd forgotten.

Will chat to family toneet.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B, the family aren't liking my pitch.

Just a couple of things. How long does it take to get from Melazes up to the glacier, and what else is there to do nearby at that time of year? Rafting, biking, walking climbing?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mosha Marc, I haven't been that time of year before but I've stayed in December a couple of times when much more is open. Bus up to Le Lac doesn't take long so perhaps 10 mins to Val Claret. Funicular up to the glacier is pretty quick. Perhaps half an hour in total plus any waiting and queuing time. There have been a load just come back from rob and scott's courses they will know better.

I expect there will be other activities available but don't really know, winter will be starting to kick in I guess. I'm going with my daughter (14) and we've got lessons booked for the 3 mornings we're there so that should keep us busy.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mosha Marc, The public bus doesn't run until the end of November - up until then we mini bus you up to the glacier and it takes around 10 mins to the fenicular, and then up the mountain fairly quickly from there.

To be honest there's not much else to do this time of year - rafting has just finished and lifts for down hill mountain biking are only open during summer. The glacier closes around 15:00, but the time you're back at the chalet and had some cake and tea and had a bit of a relax then it's almost time for dinner (at 19:30). Lots of lovely walks around locally if the weather's good. Sky + and Wii to keep the kids entertained in the chalet.

Not a whole lot left during half term though ... a couple of rooms here and there on the weekends either side.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Joanne Mountainsun, you missed out the outdoor jacuzzi and the sauna at the Melezes. I assume TDC do some video feedback as well?

By the time we got the Inside Out guys back to the hotel, had a bit of afternoon tea, some video feedback, quick soak in the jacuzzi there wasn't much time left before dinner. After dinner cathy started work on getting everyone drunk and by the time they were booted out of the bar (on 2 of the 3 nights they were there) it was a pretty full-on day.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds better than expected. The only time I've been on a glacier before it was mostly slush by 1.00
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mosha Marc, it varies a lot, from glacier ice to boot deep powder. Last week we were lucky with the conditions and we have more or less perfect piste conditions until the lifts closed, except for the last day or two of skiing when the snow was a little bit soft after lunch. Some photos from last week in the Tignes snow report thread.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy