Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow & Board Camp Tignes December 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Wags, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
-12 here in Edinburgh!! Problems booking taxis now!!!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bfg, Brrrr - keep strong, you can make it!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wags, now! Now! Razz
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Battlezone wrote:
Wags, now! Now! Razz

Battlezone If there's a webcam I just don't wan'a know snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bfg,Tropical here in Tignes in comparison, fingers crossed for yer mate.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Eduinburgh is open so good luck bfg. Last minute packing then I'm off. see ya's in GWK, GVA or the bar Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
-16 this morning 25oc difference between here and Geneva !!!!!! Must pack some shorts Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Joanne M! Any chance to book?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yay ! Got here at last two hour delay but who cares!! snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bfg, welcome to the fold Little Angel Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Phew. Good lord wink That was close. Hope everyone got/gets home OK.

What a brilliant week, thanks everyone - great fun Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jonm, seconded
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, should I post the lovely photos I have of you enjoying tequila accompaniments? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On the last run , home! . Thanks to all once again a great laugh! . Buying some worthers original at the weekend Laughing

I've never seen a bus being attacked like that !!! It was like watching a vulcher attacking a carcass !!!

I was last on that run!!!!!

For those I see in a few weeks, see you soon, and all others have a great season snowHead

Wags;sorry I never got say goodbye but I hope you have a great week skiing and I hope you take up the slack at the loop bar!!!

P.s
Nice meeting you again hurtle , even if I couldn't persuade anyone else to some more après!!!
ski holidays
bfg, thanks for lugging my bags the length of the airport! I thought I was going to get punched for pushing in to the check-in and security queues!
snow report
bfg, great to see you too - I especially like someone who doesn't look shocked when I suggest a glass of red at lunchtime! wink Sorry I stayed in on Saturday night - not sure if you lot actually went out, in the end? - but didn't fancy adding a hangover to a 4.30am start and I'd had a tiring, but fabulous, day of high speed piste mileage with Maggi and Gwylim. You on the EoSB? Hope so.

Was thinking of trying Snow & Board camp next year: I enjoyed Inspired to Ski, but would prefer to go back to the 3V if I do a course with them again.
ski holidays
jonm wrote:
holidayloverxx, should I post the lovely photos I have of you enjoying tequila accompaniments? Toofy Grin

if you must wink
latest report
Hurtle, it was good to see you albeit briefly. I seem to remember I had several glasses of red that lunchtime Toofy Grin

Quote:

Was thinking of trying Snow & Board camp next year

Yes, please do - it was a shame you weren't in the Melezes with the rest of us.
snow report
jonm,
Quote:

I seem to remember I had several glasses of red that lunchtime
hehe, I couldn't see what you were up to at the other end of the table. wink 'twas funny when you suddenly speeded up on the post-lunch run, though, it was obvious that the lunch had slowed you down, rather than the tiring off-piste from the day before! wink
ski holidays
let's see if this works

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 13-12-10 13:59; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
hmm, dunno how I managed to include the whole image last time I did it, oh well
ski holidays
bfg wrote:
I've never seen a bus being attacked like that !!! It was like watching a vulcher attacking a carcass !!!

That was classic! By the time we got off the bus all I could see was bodies inside the 'boot' and cases being tossed out!

I've never been through an airport that quick ever! Less than 50 minutes from check in to leaving the ground!

It was good to see old faces and new.

Despite a slow start to the week, bad weather Sad the rest of it was fab. Brilliant conditions almost everywhere.

Looking forward to the next fix...
snow conditions
Battlezone, thanks for letting me tag along with you at the start of the week, was good fun Smile

Quote:

I've never been through an airport that quick ever!

Ditto! The check in for the Liverpool flight had actually closed 10 mins before I got to the desk - I've never heard anyone swearing as much as the check in lady yesterday, but am very grateful to her Cool

"Sh*t! Let me make a phone call. Sh*t! OK, I will open the flight for you, but you will have to run! You have skis as well?! Sh*t!" etc Laughing
snow conditions
Top do people, great to see you all again.
Some fab skiing & company plus too much beer & not enough sleep, though I don't know why I'm surprised.
Also thanks to my fellow lessoneers and Gavin at TDC for an epic off-piste morning (Hardcore off-pisters need not apply but it was pretty gnarly for us) and sorry about my attack of off-piste-tourettes... (I must have sounded like Jon's check-in lady Very Happy)
See some of you soon, some of you a bit later.
ski holidays
jonm wrote:
thanks for letting me tag along with you at the start of the week, was good fun Smile

You're welcome. Having checked the videos I can only find schhh of you coming a cropper Shocked
snow report
jonm, well that's an attractive picture! how about the one you took when we were skiing instead - you won't be able to see my face on that one wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, grrrrrr, I'm so cross about those pics. I've tried to salvage them to no avail, even Lightroom's exposure and recovery sliders can't fix them. Hey ho. Must have looked like an ATGNI moment - I do know how to work the camera, honest Laughing
ski holidays
Great week again as usual, nice to ski with you all again. Although I thought Les Melezes was pretty shambolic this year the company and skiing more than made up for it.
snow conditions
jonm, does that mean that my highly impressive aggressive racing turns won't get a public outing wink
snow report
Colin B,

Quote:

I thought Les Melezes was pretty shambolic this year

Agreed, not as good as previous years (or as good as when I was there at Easter.) I got the impression that the issues were being in the process of being addressed, though, hopefully...

Quote:

does that mean that my highly impressive aggressive racing turns won't get a public outing

I can't apologise enough!
latest report
Quote:

Agreed, not as good as previous years (or as good as when I was there at Easter.) I got the impression that the issues were being in the process of being addressed, though, hopefully...

or even as good as 6 weeks ago when I last went, but yes they are aware of the problems

Quote:

does that mean that my highly impressive aggressive racing turns won't get a public outing

I can't apologise enough!

no problem at all!
ski holidays
hey all, don't know how I missed this thread for last few months but I did take a blow to the head earlier this year so let's stick with that excuse. Great week as always although the race across the airport won't be on my list to repeat last year. n.b. the idea to save time and rattle through security and onto the departure gate in just socks rather than pausing to put boots back on isn't worth it. Travelators and skied out feet do not mix...

Thanks to all for putting up with me especially by Dev clinic group when the heebie jeebies were threatening. See you all again soon xx
snow conditions
What was the problem with your drive? Christmas shoppers in Annecy, perhaps? I flew from Chambery, and the drive - admittedly early in the morning - was a doddle. It was lovely flying from a small airport, actually: I hate Geneva Airport, though it sounds as though staff there pulled out some stops for you.
snow conditions
Hurtle, don't know what/why but the tunnel just before Albertville (which is only about 200 yards long) had traffic lights operating which only stayed green for 10 seconds then red for 50 seconds. We were in the queue for over an hour! It didn't help that we had a change of drivers which took 15 minutes. Then the new driver decided to do a detour and pick his mate up!
snow conditions
Hurtle, roadworks closed off one side of one of the tunnels, and there was an enormous queue as a result - at least I assume that was the cause of it. We were delayed for a good two hours. The bus arrived at GVA at 2045, 10 mins after checkin had closed for my LPL flight and with 5 mins to spare for the other flights. I think the checkin folks realised there was an issue when a whole load of people turned up.
ski holidays
Battlezone, oh dear. I had that happen going the other way (to Les Arcs) a couple of years ago. It was some sort of roadwork, but it was the timing of those lights that was the problem - caused a queue just as you describe.
snow report
Colin B wrote:
I thought Les Melezes was pretty shambolic this year.

Presumably no Lindsey has had a bit of an impact on the place? I'm over there soon so fingers crossed Rog will have it sorted soon - I'm only really fussed about there being beer in the tap and coffee in the pot in the morning, but La Doris might care more about the other stuff!
ski holidays
zammo, Roger has left too Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy