Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CHAMONIX-ZERMATT APRIL 23rd 05

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have room for 2 extra (3 confirmed already, one UK 2 US) on our guided trip Chamonix-Zermatt starting on 23 April....Guide is very experienced 59 year old Chamonix guide I have been skiing with for 6 years.

Route - subject to weather variation - a slight variation on the 'classic' to avoid the most dangerous climb in avalanche season on the middle section (middle bit is listed as the 'Verbier start' in the books - supposed to be better skiing!):

Night 1: Grand Montets lift then Argentiere Hut
Night 2: Champex village B&B
Night 3: lifts in Verbier then night in Prafleuri Hut
Night 4: Cabanne de Dix
Night 5: Vignettes Hut
End of Day 6 arrive Zermatt.

Please contact me by email if you are interested!
Saul Faust,
s.faust@imperial.ac.uk
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
s.faust, welcome to snowheads, my skiing that week will be much more mundane.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
s.faust, you should have a great time. I finished this route last weekend and it was fantastic - a selection of pictures here. We did the same route, which seems to be the more popular route nowadays. As you say it avoids the Plateau du Couloir, although is exposed to serious avalanche danger around the Lac des Dix, and also gives more bottle out routes if the weather turns really bad or someone needs to quit part way through. Interestingly, when we got to the Vignette (where the two routes join up), it seemed that there had been over 3 times as many of us at the Dix hut the night before as had been at the Chanrion.

We actually timed it rather differently:
Day 1: Grand Montets - Cols du Passon and du Tour - Cabane de Trient
Day 2: Trient - Verbier - Prafleuri
Day 3: Prafleuri - Dix
Day 4: Dix - Pigne d'Arolla - Vignette Hut
Day 5: Vignette - Berthol (gives about twice as much skiing down from the Col de l'Eveque)
Day 6: Berthol - Zermatt for lunch
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy