Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What resorts have we all been to?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Passo Tonale
Santa Catarina
Navacerrada
Formigal
Ovronnaz
Mount Hotham
Falls Creek
Les Contamines
Chamonix
Les Deux Alps
Meribel
Morzine
Chatel
Flaine
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In order:

Alford Dry Ski slope - very exotic.

Lecht - after my last time there of miserable time spent on a drag lift with horizontal sleet whipping me in the face I vowed never to put skis on my feet again.

Meribel - arrived in the evening in the dark, everyone saying how bad the season had been. Was really nervous but the next morning I'd never seen so much snow. Bad day in the Alps is still a million times better than a good day at the Lecht.

Then Courchevel twice.

Then I moved to New York. Friend's dad had a ski house in Killington, Vermot so we went there several weekends each season. Apart from the first season when I broke my back on the first weekend (after buying brand new skis) and got carted off down a black run on the blood wagon.

Then in no particular order: Zell am See, Kaprun, Flaine, Chamonix, La Plagne twice, Les Arcs, Alpe D'Huez, Tignes and hopefully off to Tignes again next Saturday but after a covid inflicted 3 year drought, I won't believe it until I actually have skis on my feet and my bum on a chairlift.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What about a ghost resort: any SH been to Forbidden Plateau? Or know where it is/was? Mt Washington - not in America! Turned down a top job offer there: whistling marmot census taker.. I've always regretted that. Big White, Silver Star, Apex, Red, Whistler - before & after Blackcomb: only time I saw a beautiful but probably hungry bear run under the chair lift after having emerged from hibernation! Mt Tremblant, a few in Europe. Only one week in Italy but it was 'bellissimo' as had a top guide, guess who? How about the smallest (or flattest) Baraque de Fraiture, BE. Hope all you SHs are out this weekend in the fresh snow!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cacciatore wrote:
Er, relative newby to some of the above, but:

Jan 2002 Chantemerle, Serre Chevalier
Feb 2003 Chantemerle, Serre Chevalier
April 2003 Chantemerle, Sere Chevalier
Dec 2003 Tignes
Jan 2004 Chantelmerle, Serre Chevalier
Mar 2004 La Rosiere

Bit of a pattern there, me thinks. My wife (very much ex, now) loves the place (and so do I!). Might try and get a long weekend 1st week in April, but not to Serre Chevalier (promise) Smile

Good grief! 18 years ago Shocked

How life has changed. And so many posters who’re no longer active on sH’s!

Time for an update snowHead

In no particular order….it all seems such a long time ago, now!

La Rosiere/La Thuile (x2 more weeks)
La Plagne (x2 weeks)
Les Arcs (3 day trips)
Serre Chevalier (x2 more weeks)
Alpe D’Huez
Montgenevre (x2 day trips)
Tignes (x1 more week)
Val Thoren (x2 weeks)
La Tania

Arinsal/Pal

Folgarida/Marilleva - Brenta Dolomites (x3 weeks)
Passo Tonale (day trip)
Arabba (x3 weeks)
Alleghe(x2 weeks)
Livigno

Saalbach Hinterglemm
Radstadt (x3 weeks plus several day trips)
Zauchensee (4 day trips….one of which was rather important)
Mayrhofen
Hintertux
Zell am Ziller (day trip)
Dachstein West (170+ day trips)
Dachstein Krippenstein (3 day trips)
Feuerkogel, Ebensee (5 day trips)
Abtenau (3 day trips)
Hauser Kaibling (2 day trips)
Dachstein Glacier (2 day trips)
Flachau/Flachau Winkl (4 day trips)
Reiteralm (2 day trips)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can’t remember the years!
Learnt in Val d’isere in 2002
Since then :
Courcheval
New Zealand : mount hutt, treble cone, cardrona, plus random tiny ski club field wish incould remember name (nutcracker lift)
Australia - thredbo/perisher
Meribel
Tignes
Orelle/VT
Courmayeur
Chamonix
Champoluc/gressoney
Serre chevalier
Les arcs/la plagne
Puy st Vincent
Verbier
Pila
St gervais
Les contamines
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tough to remember …

Tignes (various times)
Val D (various times)
Val T (and the region)
Chamonix
ADH (various times)
LDA (various times)
Morzine (various times and linked resorts)

ZamZ
Kuhtai (various times)
Soelden
Salbach
Stubai (various resorts around Inns)
St Anton (various times)

Arosa
Sass Fee
Verbier (various times)
Flumserberg

Whistler

Yongpyong (Korea)
Alpensa (Korea)

Slovakia somewhere

Borovets
Pamporovo

Niseko
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There seems to be a bit of a recurring theme here!

Flumserberg
Pitztal

2009 onwards...
Valloire
Les Arcs
La Daille
Tignes
Les Menuires
Val Thorens
Les Menuires
ADH
Tignes
Tignes
Tignes
Canada - Fernie, Kicking Horse, Lake Louise, Sunshine
Tignes
Kitzbuhel
Tignes
USA - Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail
Tignes
Canada - Fernie, Revelstoke, Lake Louise, Sunshine
Val Thorens (EOSB)
Val D'Isere
Chamrousse
Les Menuires

This March was really hoping to ski some hills local to a friend in France (La Sambuy, Les Saisses for example), but the snow just wasn't there so went to ...wait for it...
Tignes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MK, Tamworth and Dubai snowdomes Happy
Valloire
Courchevel & La Tania (more times than I can remember at each),
Les Menuires (couple of times) and obviously VT whilst staying in the aforementioned.
Vallandry several times, incl, La Plagne and Les Arcs
A-Basin,
Keystone,
Breckenridge
Hintertux
Kitzsteinhorn (several times)
Konigsleiten/Kriiml/Gerlos
Lauterbrunnen for Grindewald/Wengen/First/Murren.
Baquirea Beret
Chatel & avoriaz.
Tignes/Val D'Isere
Montgenevre and Claviere (never made it over to Sestriere)
Le Corbier - Les Sybelles (St Jean, St Sorlin & Le Touissuire).
Val Cenis
Chamonix

Had to rack the brains to remember the above, which is in no particular order. I shudder at the thought when I think how much that has cost in total, including dragging the kids along for lessons too, and kit purchases over the years (and hire in the early days). Must be way north of 100k? Thats probably a lowball estimate. Has anyone ever worked out their lifetime spend !? Money well spent though - Happy memories, would do it all again.

Have got flexiplus booked for this Friday pm, waiting to see what the weather is doing before deciding where we are going.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just seen this so will list our resorts/ski areas. We are currently in Morillon (part of the Flaine area) where our family love of skiing started in 1988. I have each year listed otherwise I would have no idea where we have been. The list gets long because Mr Mogulski and I ran school ski trips for 20 years and also did over 20 years involved with Freestyle skiing up to judging world cup events. Now its just recreational skiing but we still enjoy it well into our 70's. Off to 3 valleys tomorrow for a week then Bourg St Maurice to ski Les Arcs, La Plagne and Tignes the next week.
1988 Flaine, Tignes
1989 Flaine, Verbier
1990 Alpe d'Huez, 3 Valleys, Deux Alpes
1991 Cesana, 3 Valleys, Deux Alpes
1992 La Rosiere, 3 Valleys, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Deux Alpes
1993 Serre Chevalier, 3 Valleys, Alpe d'Huez
1994 Flaine, 3 Valleys, Les Arcs, Deux Alpes, Saas Fee
1995 Sauze d'Oulx, Tignes, Chatel
1996 3 Valleys, Les Arcs, Tignes
1997 Courmayeur, 3 Valleys, Les Arcs, Tignes
1998 3 Valleys, Verbier, Tignes
1999 Steamboat, Pila, 3 Valleys, Les Arcs, Tignes
2000 Steamboat, 3 Valleys, Valmorel, Whistler
2001 Steamboat, Whistler, 3 Valleys, Tignes
2002 Courmayeur, Steamboat, 3 Valleys, Tignes
2003 3 Valleys, St Martino di Castrosa, Steamboat, Banff, Lake Louise, Sunshine, Tignes
2004 Courmayeur, Zermatt (ACL surgery prevented more skiing)
2005 3 Valleys, Spicak, Sauze d'Oulx, Bardoneccia, Serre Chevalier, Oberstdorf, St Anton, Tignes, Courmayeur
2006 Megeve, Les Contamines, Chamonix, Chervinia, Zermatt, Lenggris
2007 Courmayeur, 3 Valleys, Lenggris, Fugen,Bad Gastein,Kaprun,St Anton,Montafon
2008 Courmayeur, Chatel,Megeve,Schliersee,Zillertal,St Anton,Ischgl, Are, Vail, Beaver Creek, 3 Valleys, Valmorel
2009 Courmayeur, Chatel, 3 valleys, Les Arcs, Megeve, Espace Diamant, Sybelles, Valloire, Valmenier, Tignes
2010 Courmayeur, Praz de Lys, Morzine, Les Gets, Chatel, Flaine, 3 Valleys, Hemsedal
2011 3 Valleys, La Sauze, Megeve, Avoriaz, Morzine, Chatel, Les Gets, Are, Banff, Lake Louise, Sunshine, Tignes
2012 Mayrhofen, 3 Valleys, Chamonix, Megeve, Flaine, Verbier
2013 3 Valleys, Airolo, La Rosiere, Tignes
2014 3 Valleys, Flaine, Megeve, Voss, La Plagne, Les Arcs, Tignes
2015 3 Valleys, Airolo, Valmalenco,
2016 3 Valleys, Albiez, Sybelles, Megeve, Valloire, Tignes
2017 3 Valleys, Albiez, Gaissau,
2018 3 Valleys, La Plagne, Les Arcs, Tignes, Boedele,
2019 3 Valleys, Breckenridge, Keystone, Serr Chevelier
2020 Andorra, Arabba/Dolomites
2021 No skiing COVID!!
2022 Arabba/Dolomites, Morillon, 3 Valleys,
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
US --- West to east: Mammoth + day of heli-ski, Mt. Baker, Sun Valley, Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Park City Cat Skiing (Uintas), Taos, Targhee, Jackson, Steamboat, Winter Park, A Basin, Loveland, Copper, Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail/Bever Creek, Aspen, some place in Wisconsin, Seven Springs, Jack Frost, New York State (Holiday Valley, Kissing Bridge, Bristol Mountain, Hunt Hollow, Greek Peak, Toggenberg, Labrador, Cazenovia Ski Club, Snow Ridge, West Mountain, Hunter, Whiteface), Vermont (Jay, Burke, Smuggs, Stowe, Bolton, Mad River, Sugarbush, Middlebury Snow Bowl, Pico, Killington, Suicide 6, Queechee, Ascutney, Okemo, Bromley, Stratton, Mt. Snow), Powder Ridge, CT, Butternut Basin, MA, Jiminy Peak, MA, New Hampshire (Dartmouth, Waterville, Cannon, Cranmore), Sugarloaf.
Canada -- Whistler, Whistler Heli Ski, Mike Wiegle Heli Ski
France -- Chamonix, Megeve, St. Gervais, Portes du Soliel, Ste. Foy, La Rosiere, Val d'Isere, Les Arcs, La Plagne
Italy -- Courmayeur, La Thuile, Cervinia, Champoluc, Gressoney, Alagna, Macugnaga, Dolomites (all areas except Kronplatz and Civetta), Livigno
Austria -- Arlberg, Hintertux, Kuthai
Switzerland -- Portes du Soliel, Verbier, Zermatt, Saas Fee, Andermatt, Davos/Klosters, Fideriser Heuberge, Bivio, Ober Engadin (Corvatsch, Corviglia, Diavolezza, Lagalb)

Ski Touring -- Iceland (Troll Peninsula 2X), Haute Route (3X), Monte Rosa (3x), 4000 de Saas Fee, Bernese Oberland, Silvretta (2X), Oetztal (2X), Bivio (3X), Engadin, Klosters (2X), Ortler, Stubai, Zillertal, Grossglockner, Andermatt/Oberalppass (2X), Sellraintal, Dolomites Off Piste Traverse Passo Rolle to Sexten
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Holy thread resurrection, Batman! Very Happy

Thanks - thinking about this reminded me how massively lucky I've been over the last 25 years and not to be churlish about not having skied since Feb 2020..... Memory far too fuzzy to remember specific years, chronological order or even number of visits in some cases. I do know it's been a whole heap of fun though - whether with mates, my wife or with kids (mine and other people's!). First time on snow was definitely Valmorel in 1996 and the last was Sauze d'Oulx in 2020.

Sheffield Ski Village (many hours in the mid-90s!)
Bassingbourn dry slope
Suffolk ski centre, Ipswich
Fridges at Hemel, Castleford, Milton Keynes & Tamworth
Glenshee
Cairngorm

Valmorel 1wk
Les Deux Alpes 1wk
Alpe D'Huez 1wk
Tignes x2wks
Meribel 1wk
La Plagne x3wks

Solden x2wks
Obergurgl/Hochgurgl x2wks
Bad Gastein (+Dorf + Sport) x3wks
Saalbach-Hinterglemm 1wk

Monterosa (Champoluc/Gressonney/Alagna) x3wks
Sauze d'Oulx + Mongenevre 1wk
Dolomiti Superski/Sella Ronda x4wks

3x 9-day trips to the Wasatch:
Park City
Wolf Mountain (in later trips it had become The Canyons)
Deer Valley
Snowbird
Alta
Sundance
Brighton
Solitude

Stowe x2wks
Mad River Glen
Jay Peak

Whistler/Blackcomb x20 days

Working with school trips (as opposed to "holiday" skiing):
Erwald